Why America Should Help Israel | Teen Ink

Why America Should Help Israel

By joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts
joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts

Think once and nothing will happen; think again and ideas will flow to your mind.

- Joshua Eibelman

I think that the U.S. should give help and support to Israel, because Israel is suffering from terrorism. Israel doesn’t have a lot of money, space, or power to control terrorist territories that are much bigger, more powerful, and extremely aggressive.

The U.S needs to help other countries. The main reason for this is that America is a rich and powerful country. Also, since America is fighting terrorism itself, it would be much more comfortable for the United States to help Israel at same time.

Some people believe that Israel is not being fair to its surrounding countries, I disagree completely. Israel recently gave Gaza to one of the Arab countries bur it is now using it to attack Israel. Although Israel started the war, Gaza is being controlled by terrorists. I think that it’s the right thing to start an anti-terrorism (to protect southern Israel) operation particularly [in this case] Hamas.
Read more in Opinions

Can you imagine everyday people are worrying that a rocket will fall on their roofs? People go around in worry; afraid of an attack. Nothing can be done without a worry. (An attack warning is no surprise.) The United Nations is around the globe, and if this was the top priority in their meetings, Israel would regain control of itself (especially because America is one of the most important countries in the United Nations). Therefore I think that the American government should help Israel.

The reasons why America should help Israel.

Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

A sensible question, my dear Treefiddy! I'm afraid that I do believe that compromising (within reason) is the best answer. I hope you will research the book Three Cups of Tea, then maybe your question will be answered.

Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California
I'm curious to know Raven, what other ways are there to ridding the world of terrorism other than force? I hardly believe you would suggest we try and compromise with them. I'm curious to know if you have anything in mind.

- Joshua Eibelman

I agree, but sadly violence is the only protection against them.

~Kahlil Gibran

I know, I know (sigh). Terrorism should be held back, but there are better methods than violence, my friend. Hatred of an enemy will protect no one from anything. It's fine to protect Israel, though. That's a good thing.

Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California

@Thesilentraven

What I'm saying is that the men who strap dynamite to themselves and blow up innocent people are not worthy of life. Those who use women and children as human shields do not deserve life. These terrorists are not human. They murder and torture innocent people. Israel has not only an obligaion, but a duty to eradicate these barbarians.

I would never condone harming an innocent. I find it odd that you think I'm the one you think should be feared.

What other ways are there to rid the world of t.errorism? If there are other ways, I would be more than happy to know them.

Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California

@Thesilentraven

- Joshua Eibelman

I don't totally agree; if we don't publicize the need to hold back terrorism, no one will. Secondly, the main point was to help Israel. Not to wage war on terrorism, but to get protection from it.

~Kahlil Gibran

I confess myself intimidated by you.

~Kahlil Gibran

To respond to the considerably passionate Threefiddy: your hatred of terrorists and supposed enemies will only make them more powerful and dangerous. Such negative feelings have kindled energy in terrorists.

~Kahlil Gibran

I agree to some extent. It's very true what you said: America is rich and powerful, so we should lend aid to those less so. However, I think there are better ways to handle terrorists than try to blow them up.

- Joshua Eibelman

I totally agree! Thanks for commenting!

Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California

Israel did not start the war, it is trying to survive amongst a sea of hatred and an ideology which is rooted in the third century. They are surrounded by countries whose greatest endeavor is the destruction of the J.ewish state. The president of Iran, a J.ewish hating, H.olocaust denying madman, who is actively trying to acquire a nuclear weapon, called Israel a stinking corpse. The people who follow this ideology must be destroyed, because they have no fear of death, and they will lead the world into nuclear h.olocaust if they get the chance.

Also, the UN, is a despicable global organization whose sole purpose is to give the scum of the Earth a platform to verbally attack the United States and Israel. The UN has done far much more destruction than not.

Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California

Israel did not start the war, it is trying to survive amongst a sea of hatred and an ideology which is rooted in the third century. They are surrounded by countries whose greatest endeavor is the destruction of the Jewish state. The president of Iran, a Jewish hating, H.olocaust denying madman, who is actively trying to acquire a nuclear weapon, called Israel a stinking corpse. The people who follow this ideology must be destroyed, because they have no fear of death, and they will lead the world into nuclear h.olocaust if they get the chance.