Why America Should Help Israel | Teen Ink

Why America Should Help Israel

September 29, 2010
By joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts
joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts
26 articles 0 photos 67 comments

Favorite Quote:
Think once and nothing will happen; think again and ideas will flow to your mind.

- Joshua Eibelman


I think that the U.S. should give help and support to Israel, because Israel is suffering from terrorism. Israel doesn’t have a lot of money, space, or power to control terrorist territories that are much bigger, more powerful, and extremely aggressive.

The U.S needs to help other countries. The main reason for this is that America is a rich and powerful country. Also, since America is fighting terrorism itself, it would be much more comfortable for the United States to help Israel at same time.

Some people believe that Israel is not being fair to its surrounding countries, I disagree completely. Israel recently gave Gaza to one of the Arab countries bur it is now using it to attack Israel. Although Israel started the war, Gaza is being controlled by terrorists. I think that it’s the right thing to start an anti-terrorism (to protect southern Israel) operation particularly [in this case] Hamas.
Read more in Opinions

Can you imagine everyday people are worrying that a rocket will fall on their roofs? People go around in worry; afraid of an attack. Nothing can be done without a worry. (An attack warning is no surprise.) The United Nations is around the globe, and if this was the top priority in their meetings, Israel would regain control of itself (especially because America is one of the most important countries in the United Nations). Therefore I think that the American government should help Israel.


The author's comments:
The reasons why America should help Israel.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 133 comments.


Bones96 BRONZE said...
on Oct. 5 2013 at 12:42 am
Bones96 BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 108 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life isn't about finding yourself it's about creating yourself-

I'd like to give you some constructive cristism.  You obviously didn't do enough reasearch before writing this article. Plainly seen by the lack of stated fact and proving them. This was one sided you didn't pose an counter weight to your argument making it weak. It honestly makes you look close minded.  You stated that America is a rich and powerful contury. That is an exanderation America maybe influential but you are ignoring the amout of debt we're in. I'm not saying Israel doesn't need help but America has enough of it's own problems to fix before it goes off helping others.  

Teddy101 said...
on Sep. 21 2013 at 3:59 pm
Well, you should read the real history behind this war. There is no anti-semitism. Israel made up the story. They use the issue to war against Palestine.

on Sep. 16 2013 at 12:23 pm
sophwolbes SILVER, Madison, Wisconsin
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment
If you knew anything about the MIddle East, you would understand how much more complicated it is than terrorists v. innocent people. Do you honestly think that Israelis are completely innocent? You need to do some research.

Sarahf GOLD said...
on Sep. 12 2013 at 10:00 pm
Sarahf GOLD, Tulsa, Oklahoma
15 articles 0 photos 2 comments
Great! I agree with you! FINALLY! My professor keeps talking about how she could care less about Israel, and it makes me so angry! People can be so naive! 

on Jul. 13 2013 at 7:51 am
joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts
26 articles 0 photos 67 comments

Favorite Quote:
Think once and nothing will happen; think again and ideas will flow to your mind.

- Joshua Eibelman

Thank you, Miniterror. That is correct, after the Jews came to Palestine to live peacefully among the Palestinians, a huge group of Arab nations including Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan attacked Israel, while the Palestinians fled. They thought that after Israel would be destroyed, they would come back and be in control of the whole land.

on Jul. 13 2013 at 7:31 am
joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts
26 articles 0 photos 67 comments

Favorite Quote:
Think once and nothing will happen; think again and ideas will flow to your mind.

- Joshua Eibelman

Thank you for your comment. That is very true.

on Jul. 12 2013 at 11:15 pm
Miniterror GOLD, Yuma, Arizona
10 articles 1 photo 54 comments

Favorite Quote:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Whoops, sorry! Meant to respond to a different comment by Tango.

on Jul. 12 2013 at 11:10 pm
Miniterror GOLD, Yuma, Arizona
10 articles 1 photo 54 comments

Favorite Quote:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Tango, I belive you are misunderstanding the current definition of 'terrorist'. I believe Joecool101 is using the term to refer to the fact that these military and government officers are using force to push the Israelites back and take their land. I understand that other countries have done this in the past and it was not called terrorism, it was called a dictatorship; the same concept in many ways.

on Jul. 12 2013 at 11:06 pm
Miniterror GOLD, Yuma, Arizona
10 articles 1 photo 54 comments

Favorite Quote:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

To, JohnS: I understand you argument, but American slavery is not the poin to attack from. After the American Union earned freedom for all of the slaves in the U.S., they were integrated with the rest of us. It took years for the white population to actually accept them, but now we are an integrated country. We even have a black president now.  As far as reasons for giving Israel the land; they were in control of that land for a few thousand years before the Palestinians came and fought them out. You have to read the bible to understand the Palestinians motivation behind this attack. Ever since then Jews have been scattered around the globe, integrating and living with the rest of us. After the holocaust, the world realized the Jews needed a place for their large numbers to live. When the Jews attempted to move back to the land of Israel, the Palestinians took it as an attack and reacted with force. Other countries then stepped in to get the land for the Jews and they were eventually given the land. Since then the Palestinians have been trying to take it back. Recently they have begun firing missiles into Israel in an attempt to force the Jews to give up the land. I believe we need to help Israel and I believe military action must be taken.

on Jul. 12 2013 at 2:27 pm
Miniterror GOLD, Yuma, Arizona
10 articles 1 photo 54 comments

Favorite Quote:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Israel did NOT start the war. The Israelites had been pushed out of the land by the Palestinians. In more recent times, they have come back and taken back the land; this caused surrounding countries to attack Israel due to its largely Christian and Jewish ideals, even though the country also has Islam integrated into the land.

on Jul. 12 2013 at 2:19 pm
Miniterror GOLD, Yuma, Arizona
10 articles 1 photo 54 comments

Favorite Quote:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Why? Let me appeal to a bit of logic please. Let's say  there is a kid at a school that is being bullied. The school has been doing what it can to protect the kid from the bullies and has been doing a fairly good job, with the exception of a few incidents. One day the bullies are picking on the kid and a teacher walks by. The boy calls out to the teacher for help. The teacher looks at the situation and thinks, 'I've helped this kid plenty of times, I think I should help the bullies instead.' So he walks up to the boy and punches him in the face. Do you think that makes sense. Please don't tell me it does, because if you do I think it will just prove that you're a bit off your knocker.

on Jul. 12 2013 at 2:09 pm
Miniterror GOLD, Yuma, Arizona
10 articles 1 photo 54 comments

Favorite Quote:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

I must point out a very important reason we should also support and assist Israel. In the Bible, God tells Abraham that he will always protect his descendents, AKA, the people of Israel. He also said that whoever helped Israel would be blessed and that those who were against Israel would be cursed. Ever since the United States started wavering in her loyalty to Israel, our economy has been going downhill.

on May. 28 2013 at 6:44 pm
joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts
26 articles 0 photos 67 comments

Favorite Quote:
Think once and nothing will happen; think again and ideas will flow to your mind.

- Joshua Eibelman

Thank you.

on May. 27 2013 at 10:53 pm
BilbroSwaggins SILVER, Blountstown, Florida
5 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Only the rocks live forever, so it matters not how long we live, but how we live." -Native American Proverb

I think the biggest reason we should help Israel is that there will come a time where the world will see the greatest war ever, and Israel will have the greatest soldier ever... Jesus Christ. So yeah we should be great protectors of Israel, who shall we not forget are God's chosen people.  

on Jan. 15 2013 at 6:03 pm
joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts
26 articles 0 photos 67 comments

Favorite Quote:
Think once and nothing will happen; think again and ideas will flow to your mind.

- Joshua Eibelman

Instead of criticizing me, perhaps you yourself should focus on my points. I have every right to call terrorists dogs because they murder innocent people. 

on Jan. 15 2013 at 6:02 pm
joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts
26 articles 0 photos 67 comments

Favorite Quote:
Think once and nothing will happen; think again and ideas will flow to your mind.

- Joshua Eibelman

I challenge you to point me to a single human rights violation Israel is guilty of.

meok said...
on Nov. 27 2012 at 10:38 pm
While I'm not saying that Israel doesn't deserve aid, I would like to point out that they are also guilty of human rights violations. This is a conflict in which both sides have their hands dirty, so to paint it as completely black and white is misleading.

on Nov. 26 2012 at 10:03 pm
uumm i thought the u.s already supported the country for years now , all they do is damage, the u.s should be helping Gaza in my opinion .

JohnS said...
on Nov. 20 2012 at 7:25 pm
Hey  joecool101, if you are going to give reasons why Israelis deserve land, please don't give the reason that because bad things happen to them in the past!!! I'm still looking for good reasons why we continue to support Israel and believe me when I say, I'm looking with an open hart and mind but saying things like you said, don't help anyone , the reason being, have you ever heard of Slavery in America ? Well joecool101, those people still didn't get their land and now you are asking their flesh and blood to give their life for that reason, can you please find another and post it, before you sway the rest of readers in the opposite direction from you....Thank you.

mdevries568 said...
on Nov. 17 2012 at 12:05 pm
First of all, this essay shows no facts, no references and all opinions.  What grade are you in?  This would never even be read in college.  If you want to make an argument you need to first research all sides of the topic and you must address both sides or else you just sound rude and nieve.  You also can't refer to another group of people as dogs.  That is inhumane and degrading.  You need to also respect both sides.  Overall I think you need to rewrite this or take it off because it in no way helps the situation or presents a plausible argument to why we are involved in Israel and ALL the facts of how Israel took over Palestine.  And stop giving people "history lessons."  You are no expert on the topic.  When you start writing articles in books and newspapers and are known for your knowledge of this subject, then you can make such bias opinions and accusations.