Why America Should Help Israel | Teen Ink

Why America Should Help Israel

By joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts
joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts

Think once and nothing will happen; think again and ideas will flow to your mind.

- Joshua Eibelman

I think that the U.S. should give help and support to Israel, because Israel is suffering from terrorism. Israel doesn’t have a lot of money, space, or power to control terrorist territories that are much bigger, more powerful, and extremely aggressive.

The U.S needs to help other countries. The main reason for this is that America is a rich and powerful country. Also, since America is fighting terrorism itself, it would be much more comfortable for the United States to help Israel at same time.

Some people believe that Israel is not being fair to its surrounding countries, I disagree completely. Israel recently gave Gaza to one of the Arab countries bur it is now using it to attack Israel. Although Israel started the war, Gaza is being controlled by terrorists. I think that it’s the right thing to start an anti-terrorism (to protect southern Israel) operation particularly [in this case] Hamas.
Read more in Opinions

Can you imagine everyday people are worrying that a rocket will fall on their roofs? People go around in worry; afraid of an attack. Nothing can be done without a worry. (An attack warning is no surprise.) The United Nations is around the globe, and if this was the top priority in their meetings, Israel would regain control of itself (especially because America is one of the most important countries in the United Nations). Therefore I think that the American government should help Israel.

The reasons why America should help Israel.

Anon Anon BRONZE, Burr Ridge, Illinois

on Apr. 14 2015 at 11:29 am
Clinton_C. BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

"Clever girl"

Oh and the proper term for a "Rocket" is either an artillary shell or a ballistic missile.

on Apr. 14 2015 at 11:27 am
Clinton_C. BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

"Clever girl"

First of all America is NOT rich we are immensly in debt and we cannot help whoever asks for it and definitly NOT israel. My reason for this is that weve actually helped them before but they just came right up behind us and backstabbed us after we gave them weaponry to fight the terrorists. They litterally just sat there and gave up after we helped them even though they could have liberated Israel once and for all (Hopefully).

HanaGZR BRONZE said...
on Apr. 8 2015 at 1:10 am
HanaGZR BRONZE, Burr Ridge, IL, Illinois
Amen to that Djakob

HanaGZR BRONZE said...
on Apr. 8 2015 at 1:08 am
Kicking Palestinians out of their homes. Bombing civilians. Imprisoning men, women, and children for little to no reason. Blockading Gaza, not letting people enter or leave.

HanaGZR BRONZE said...
on Apr. 8 2015 at 1:03 am
Canaanites are current day Palestinians, Lebanese, Syrians and Jordanians. But no that's the point I'm making. You can't give land to Israel just because it was taken long ago. That's not a good enough reason. It's a stupid reason.

on Apr. 8 2015 at 12:00 am

- Joshua Eibelman

Show me a Canaanite

HanaGZR BRONZE said...
on Apr. 3 2015 at 1:56 am
From an article in The Guardian titled, "Israel killed more Palestinians in 2014 than in any other year since 1967" "More than 2,300 Palestinians killed and more than 17,000 injured, according to annual report by UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs" theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/27/israel-kills-more-palestinians-2014-than-any-other-year-since-1967 I tried looking up the number of Israeli rockets fired. The only page I could find was : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Israeli_strikes_and_Palestinian_casualties_in_the_2014_Israel%E2%80%93Gaza_conflict with only a list for 2014, saying, "The Associated Press, examining 247 airstrikes that hit residential compounds, out of the some 5,000 Israeli bombing raids.." Interesting how you can't find the Israeli strike number.

HanaGZR BRONZE said...
on Apr. 3 2015 at 1:40 am
Your argument for Israel's right to exist is like saying that, well the Roman Empire stretched across Europe and Asia at one point in History, we should give the Italians their empire back. I think you are referring to the reign of the Prophet Kings, David and Solomon. Well those kingdoms took that land from the previous people, the Canaanites, so shouldn't the Canaanites get their land back? The Canaanites were there before Israel ever was.

HanaGZR BRONZE said...
on Apr. 3 2015 at 1:24 am
Defining Palestine as an independent country is not the issue. The issue is that Britain gave away land that was not its own, land that had people living on it for centuries. You give the examples of Guam and Puerto Rico, colonies that were given independence, allowed to self-govern. Palestine was put under oppressive occupation by foreigners. You say "The British had every right to give it away." What? So the Palestinians were owned by the British? How is it right for Britain to give a colony like a gift, with no regards to the humans that live there, allowing the Palestinians to be kicked out of their homes by the Zionists? That's like the USA taking a piece of Canada and giving it to Mexico and forcing Canadians out of their homes. You also bring up the arguments against murderers and terrorists. In war, people are certainly murderers, but on both sides, it's only expected. Terrorist organizations are sometimes labeled as such because they go against Israel and the US. The Palestinian people may not want to support organizations like Hamas, but really, what other choice do they have? Hamas' ideals may be flawed, but they're all the Palestinians have got for a chance at freedom from Israeli oppression.

- Joshua Eibelman

Thank you. Everything you write in this comment us 100% true.

tenroub said...
tenroub, Skokie, Illinois
not to be too bold, but i think the member of this conversation are under the impression that palestine existed as a rightful and independent state. well, it didn't. palestine existed for less than 26 years, never more than a british colony. (they took it from the ottomans in 1922). the british had every right to give it away, just as america can give away Guam or Puerto Rico, and when they granted it independence, it immediately gained the rights of a country. for instance, if you try and kill me, i will try and kill you back. When murderers utilize children, women, and UN schools to shoot to kill innocent civilians and store deadly ammunition, it is neither the forced human shields' faults, nor is it the fault of the IDF, the most humane military in the world, when people die. the terrorists are responsible. these same terrorists are also responsible for pirating images from the Syrian civil war, and labeling them with a vibrant "BDS" or a flashy "Free Palestine," and then publicizing it via Facebook, Twitter, or some other form of social media. don't get me wrong, the crisis in gaza is real, but the problem stems from within. when Hamas, a terrorist organization with a code of law indistinguishable from that the Islamic State, controls a region desolate because its inhabitance rejected the ones who offered them freedom in the first place, you have some problems. must i go on?

DjakobUnchained SILVER, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire" Winston Churchill

So 2,100 - 6 is an even fight? Have you seen how many kids have died in Palestine?

aharon_b said...
israel is the only real democracy of which the use are allies with. yes, the use might need israel as much israel needs it. a bit absurd.

- Joshua Eibelman

the Palestinians rejected a statehood offer in 1947. The U.S. has vetoed recent Palestine statehood proposals because such a proposal needs to be agreed upon mutually by both Israel and the Palestinians. The U.S. does need Israel because Israel provides a very strategic base for the U.S. in the Middle East (bring the only country that fully cooperates militarily was America).

helloworld500, Buford, Georgia

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -Winston Churchill

You choose to ignore the fact that most of the deaths are Palestinian deaths. And that Palestinians homes were bulldozed by Israelis. And that Israel evidently needs no support in starving Palestine or keeping the upper hand in the fight. And that Britain had no right to give Israel Palestine anyway. AND that Palestinians were happy to live alongside Jews after WW2, but that wasn't an invitation to take over their land! What gives the Israelis the right to that land? They certainly didn't earn it. America support Israel? America, who cherishes freedom and constantly remembers the days when she didn't have it? To support Israel would be, and is, dishonerable, intolerable, and goes against everything we stand for.

helloworld500, Buford, Georgia

More like Israel needs America! Palestine is suffering because of America's support for Israel. Palestine almost became a state a few times, but America used it's veto power in the U.N. to stop that. Seriously, the most powerful country in the world needing Israel. Get real.

- Joshua Eibelman

6 Israeli civilians, including a 4-year-old child, were killed by Hamas rockets from Gaza.

You're joking right? America needs Israel? Really?

Israel has the right to exist peacefully with Palestine. Israel must leave Gaza and the West Bank and Palestine needs to abandon the terrorist organization Hamas. Also Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu should face charges for war crimes.