Why America Should Help Israel | Teen Ink

Why America Should Help Israel

By joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts
joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts

Think once and nothing will happen; think again and ideas will flow to your mind.

- Joshua Eibelman

I think that the U.S. should give help and support to Israel, because Israel is suffering from terrorism. Israel doesn’t have a lot of money, space, or power to control terrorist territories that are much bigger, more powerful, and extremely aggressive.

The U.S needs to help other countries. The main reason for this is that America is a rich and powerful country. Also, since America is fighting terrorism itself, it would be much more comfortable for the United States to help Israel at same time.

Some people believe that Israel is not being fair to its surrounding countries, I disagree completely. Israel recently gave Gaza to one of the Arab countries bur it is now using it to attack Israel. Although Israel started the war, Gaza is being controlled by terrorists. I think that it’s the right thing to start an anti-terrorism (to protect southern Israel) operation particularly [in this case] Hamas.
Read more in Opinions

Can you imagine everyday people are worrying that a rocket will fall on their roofs? People go around in worry; afraid of an attack. Nothing can be done without a worry. (An attack warning is no surprise.) The United Nations is around the globe, and if this was the top priority in their meetings, Israel would regain control of itself (especially because America is one of the most important countries in the United Nations). Therefore I think that the American government should help Israel.

The reasons why America should help Israel.

Tango said...
ifamericansknew.org

- Joshua Eibelman

The facts haven't changed (that Gaza is ruled by Hamas which is a terrorist group) because of your unworking website.

Tango said...
ifonlyamericansknew.org

- Joshua Eibelman

Also, Gaza is governed by Hamas, which even by the United States is classified as  a terrorist group. It supports Al Queda and numerous other terrorist organizations. Thus, Gaza is a territory which is governed by terrorists who send rockets into Israel almost every day. Hundreds of civilians die because of these absolutely unecessary and baseless atacks. Because of these reasons, Gaza needs to be kept at bay. What I just stated were facts; they are undisputable facts which cannot be usurped.

- Joshua Eibelman

My Dear redpanda26, 

Unfortunately, I am obliged to give you a "history lesson" because you have been misinformed. elThis has nothing to do with opinion; it is fact. Within hours of Israel declaring itself as a state five Arab Countries (Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria) invavded Israel. By a miracle Israel was not destroyed. Also, when you talk about Israel's "power" think about the size of the country: no larger than the state of New Jersey and surrounded by huge countries threatening it.

Devonchick said...
I think that the USA has their own problems to deal with. Plus Isreal started the war, so that s not supporting your topic we shouldn't have to help them because they started it!

redpanda26 SILVER, Chevy Chase, Maryland
Other countires were there first, and when Israel became a country, they attacked countries all around them and are causing problems and relocating people. They are more powerful than surrounding countries and abuse their countries. I don't care if according to religion they "deserve" the land, because I think that has nothing to do with real life. If they have problems, we should stay out of it. That's my opinion, you asked for it, so don't start telling me I'm wrong.

- Joshua Eibelman

Readpanda26: If you say the U.S. shouldn't support Israel, you must explain yourself.

OK, so I'd like to start by saying I'm not here to argue with you about politics. I don't think the US should support Israel and this article didn't change my mind because it isn't complete enough. You always give people "history lessons," so try using them in your writing to make it more convincing and it might also make it seem less biased. Just a tip.

- Joshua Eibelman

There are actually many reasons: antisemitism, (false) Arab claim to the land,etc...

yuio said...
There's a reason Israel has many enemies...

- Joshua Eibelman

Yuio, Israel may be powerful, but because of its size and the quantity of its enemies it is not as powerful as it needs to be to fight off its enemies

- Joshua Eibelman

I would like you to explain your aggressive comment. I am only being fair.

hello123 said...
Dear joecool1: you have no compassion, you're biased, and you're ridiculous

yuio said...
The Palestinians shouldn't get their land taken away because of the Holocaust, and because Israel is so powerful, I don't think they need help. And about the terrorists, they treat surrounding countries so badly, it's their fault.

HiddenAngelInTheDark PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York

Theres so many that I can't pick sorry

Yes we must :)

- Joshua Eibelman

I agree, but we still have to try!

Theres so many that I can't pick sorry

I agree we should help Isreal but sadly not a lot of people have a heart or even kindness now a days

on Dec. 29 2011 at 10:51 am

- Joshua Eibelman

Thank you for supporting Israel's cause! With people like you an me, we can take action to support Israel, and present its case to the global community.

on Dec. 29 2011 at 10:21 am
Blue4indigo PLATINUM, Sturbridge, Connecticut

I'd rather be sorry for something that I did than for something I didn't do.
-Red Scott

Entirely agree with you, but sadly, the global communtity refuses to see Israel as anything but a bully, and the "innocent civillians" as the victims. Even disregarding the idea that America seems to have an obligation to help others... it is in it's best interests to aid Israel in the fight against terrorism.