Elf the Movie | Teen Ink

Elf the Movie

Elf

Elf stars Will Ferrell a human raised by Santa’s elves. Buddy the elf (Ferrell) was an orphan who crawled into Santa’s toy sack. Santa ended up taking Buddy back to the North Pole with him. There at the North Pole Buddy is raised by elves. Buddy is trained to do elf jobs but he doesn’t seem to be able to do anything right. As Buddy grows up starts to realize his is not the same as the other elves. Santa decides to tell Buddy that he is human and that buddy crawled into his toy sack many years ago. Buddy then decides he wants to go find and meet his real dad. Buddy then travels to his birth place, New York City in search to meet his biological father. Buddy finds a Scrooge like father, step mother, and a step brother who doesn’t believe in Santa. Buddy family thinks Buddy is strange, weird , and maybe delusional. Buddy travels through New York City trying to remind everyone what Christmas is really about and spreading Christmas Spirit. While in NYC Buddy is mistaken for an Employee at a department store and gets put to work by the manager. Buddy falls in love with a co-worker named Jovia played by Zooey Deschanel. Buddy makes friends with his Step brother, Michael, who encourages Buddy to ask out Jovia. While in New York City Buddy experiences the wonderful NYC culture. Buddy’s father, Walters, relationship with Buddy comes between work and Walter is forced to make a decision to help his son. Christmas is coming and Santa really needs for everyone to believe to help gain energy to fly his slay to deliver gifts. Buddy, Jovia, Michael, Walter, Buddy’s stepmom, and the news to help get everyone in New York to sing along to Christmas Carols and believe so Santa can finish delivering his gift for all the Children. Buddy help the people of New York City believe in the true meaning of Christmas.

The 2003 movie Elf directed by Jon Favreau is a Christmas time favorite at my house. Elf is a Cheerful funny Holiday Comedy. Ferrell uses peppy holiday quotes and comments throughout the movie like “We elves like to stick to the four main food groups: Candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup.” to keep the movie cheerful and funny. Some people may say the funniest part of Elf is seeing a grown man in yellow tights. Elf is a family friendly movie that the whole family will love and enjoy. Elf helps show and remind us the true meaning of Christmas and helps us get in the Christmas spirit. Elf is full of comedy, action, drama, and romance. “This place reminds me of Santa's Workshop! Except it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me” are some of the ways Ferrell describes his elf view of New York City. Buddy the elf spreads the Christmas spirit by getting everyone to sing “The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear.” I rate Elf eight Candy canes out of ten. This holiday discover your inner elf.