Big Nate in a Class by Himself by Lincoln Peirce | Teen Ink

Big Nate in a Class by Himself by Lincoln Peirce

Big Nate In A Class By Himself by Lincoln Peirce, is a hilarious fiction novel that appeals to kids and teens alike. The book takes place in a middle school environment.  The main character, Nate, is beginning his 6th-grade year of school.  We learn about his hilarious life in middle school.

Nate is shown as a typical 12-year-old student in the story. He is shown as a rascal but a funny type of kid, but unlike usual 12-year-olds, Nate only has three friends.  Don't worry, they are his best friends so it's technically fine.

Like I said earlier, Nate is the main character in the story and becomes the role model at the end of the story. His other friends are Teddy and Francis. Teddy loves sports and is an athlete. Specifically, he likes football.  Francis is a huge nerd who loves to study and has perfect grades on just about every subject.

Now that you know the characters, let's move on to the plot.  It is 6th grade, and Nate Wright is in a class by himself, away from his best for the first time in his life. Being away from his best friend is very tough for Nate because now he has to deal with his teachers.  In the story, teachers are his mortal enemy.  All by himself, he must prove to his teachers that he is intelligent and wants to do better, despite his previous actions.  He wants to finish the year strong, which is no easy feat!

In my opinion, this book is one of the best books in the series. Jeff Kinney, the author of “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” would agree.  He has highly recommended reading the book.  This book is deserving of awards given for creativity, great plot and characters.  I would recommend that anyone in middle school read this book if they are looking for a good laugh.  A definite must read!

This is a book report that was given to me by my teacher