The Spell Book of Listen Taylor by Jaclyn Moriart | Teen Ink

The Spell Book of Listen Taylor by Jaclyn Moriart

September 1, 2007
By Ren-P. PLATINUM, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Ren-P. PLATINUM, Tulsa, Oklahoma
21 articles 18 photos 45 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You must give up a life you’d planned in order to have the life that’s waiting for you." ~ Joseph Campbell


The Spell Book of Listen Taylor is a book about friendship, magic and love. This book by Jaclyn Moriarty is a book that makes you want to read each word carefully as to not miss a detail. This amazing book The Spell Book of Listen Taylor is about a lot of people who in the end are more connected to each other than you might think. There is Cath the young teacher taking afternoon classes to be a lawyer. There are Fancy and Marbie sisters who are part of the Zing family. There is Listen the twelve year old who finds a spell book that will ultimately change the entire story. There is also a second grader, who is the daughter of Fancy, named Cassie who mutters words that are not commonly said in a school, during School. And there is the Zing Family Secret a mystery that slowly revels itÕs self in the story. The back of the book says, This book will make you fly, will make you strong, will make you glad. WhatÕs more, this book will mend your broken heartÓ. I think that that sums up this book completely.