Gay, Lesbian, bi relationships are okay!! | Teen Ink

Gay, Lesbian, bi relationships are okay!!

By ~luckydutchess~ BRONZE, Keywest, Florida
~luckydutchess~ BRONZE, Keywest, Florida

"One day there will be a chance that you will say that you love one person and really mean it, but every day one person is at least loving you now." - Me

I don't understand why most people in the world don't like people of the same sex to be in a relationship. I'm bisexual myself and people come up to me and start critizing me because i am, but they dont understand that I'm special in my own way just like other ppl, no matter who they are.

Where I live the main population is gay, lesbian and bi people. In front of my school there are even people writing signs saying "God hates America and Fags are not welcomed here!" I am getting so sick of it! This is making us not want to come out and actually be us.

The government has no right to make laws saying that gays can not be married. God and government does not mix people! Get it straight! Some of yur friends might actually be gay, lesbian or bi, and would u not be there friend because of it? If you would, then you are messed up and not worthy of their friendship.

M.W.M. BRONZE said...
M.W.M. BRONZE, Undisclosed, New Jersey

"Test everything. Hold on to the good." -Paul of Tarsus (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

just to ley u know, i respect gay people, and i treat them equally, and I disown those people who hold hateful signs in front of schools and funerals.

im not gay myself, and i believe homosexuality is wrong and i would vote against most legislative attempt to legalize gay marriage.

but please, dont link "tolerance" with "acceptance".

i just want u to know that there are people who believe homosexuality is wrong but still lvoe and respect gay people.

i hope u understand =)

ArtGirl101 BRONZE, West Gardiner, Maine

"Childhood only lasts so long, so cherish it while it's still in your grasp"
~ ME!!!

Well, I agree with you in some ways. I am straight (I'm kinda young to tell but as far as I know I am) and I don't think that gays/bis should be told what they can do. I don't think that they can choose whether they're gay/bi or not because really, why would they choose to be descriminated and looked down upon?

But I don't think that they should make such a big deal about all this. I believe that if they would stop with all of this "leave us alone we're only human" well, of course you are. But think about it: drugs are illegal, and that makes a lot of people abuse them more. When certain things are pushed and said it's RIGHT (or wrong, depending on what you're talking about) then more people are going to push and say it's WRONG.

See what I mean? Please, I don't want a lot of people screaming their heads off just because I gave my opinion. And I want to make this clear:

I do believe that homosexuals and bisexuals should have the same rights as heterosexuals.

Thank you. That is all I needed to say.

Hugs,

ArtGirl101 

pandabearrrr SILVER, San Pedro, California

My only regret in life is that I wasn't somebody else.
- Woody Allen

okay just gotta say this -

to everybody, you do not need to tell everyone "well im straight but i still agree" or "well i'm gay so i agree"

sexual orientation should NOT rule people's lives! and it should NOT be such a big deal to people. who the **** cares who people are sleeping with ?

that's called a personal life.

everyone needs to get over the fact that yeah, some people are gay...some people are straight.

who you like does not define you.

- Woody Allen

everyone is entitled to their own opinion but everytime you saw a gay friend, saying " You're living in Sin!" is completely disrespectful.

not everybody has the same beliefs and it's really rude to tell people that, it's hard enough as it is to get feel accepted.

and what about people who have been raised religious and are gay? they didn't do that to themselves, they've been raised believing the same thing as you...but it happened anyways. people don't "create" their own gayness, that's just ridiculous.

DiamondFortune SILVER, Syracuse, New York

''If you enter this world knowing that you are loved and you leave knowing the same then everything that happens in between can be dealt with''

if you weren't you should treat gays<etc> with the up most respect

Pigma said...
Pigma, Summerside, Other
i agree with this article because i am bi and i dont really care what people think of me.. im happy the way things are now and people should just mind their own business and let bi, gay people be happy the way they want to be. ...
great article :D

- Woody Allen

that's so true. it's not like we woke up one day and were just like, "oh hey, i'm gonna be gay now". it's not easy, and it's not a choice. its a lot easier and it feels a lot better when you have people there who accept you and dont let it become such a big deal.

FlyingNewt BRONZE, Bloomington, Indiana
i definently agree with you! even though im not. the government cant control love so they shouldn't try

i agree. some parents are worried when you stick up for others who are not straight. but its you opinion and everyone has an opinion on something. and i agree with you on the other people are wrecking their marriges.

Thank you very much. And you shouldn't worry how people would think of you. If you are happy with yourself then other people would be to.

Secretwriter SILVER, Benton City WA, Washington
I think gay bi lesbian relationships are fine!

LoveDove said...
LoveDove, Miscouche, Other

"You can't experience hate until you experience love."

I am BI and ITs really hard bc I am afraid what ppl will say but this article kind of opend me up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sweet article.

The_End GOLD said...
The_End GOLD, Ashton, Idaho

"Any man can stand adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln

I also agree with Jasgirl. I'm no homophobe. I have an uncle who's gay, and I respect him.

But, I am allowed to not agree. Anyone who is offended by that is not only making this discussion counter-productive, but is also being a hypocrite.

The_End GOLD said...
The_End GOLD, Ashton, Idaho

I'm in agreement, to an extent anyway.

In certain states, I believe gay marriage is allowed, civicly anyway.

But as far as religion goes, every church should be entitled to perform marriages as they see fit, whether they believe it's something that is only between a man and a woman, or not.

Remember, multiple churches did support Proposition 8, because they were taking a stand on their beliefs, just as people were taking a stand to oppose the Prop. 8, according to their beliefs.

MayDay SILVER said...
MayDay SILVER, Bloomington, Indiana

I don't jugde if you don't jugde.

I am straight, but I totally agree with you. Everyone should be treated with kindness no matter who you fall in love with.

maria .l said...
i am totality agree with this person , iam 100 % straigh , but i dont know with other people critizised other people for wat they are , if a had someone that is guy or lesbian i will respect then am agree with their orientation , an it dosen't affect me for wat they are . thank .

Jasgirl said...

Someone commented about how we all need to respect eachother, regardless of who we like. There's a big difference between showing respect for someone and agreeing with them. Say, I can respect you, because you are a person and we are equal, but that does not mean I agree with you. I don't scream at homosexuals and I would show them respect and treat them the same, but that does not mean I agree with them. I think it's wrong. 

Not all people who think it's wrong are homophobics (I'm NOT scared of them!) 'haters' as I saw someone say, 'religious freaks' ( although I am a Christian), or anything like that. The government is supposed to decide what's right and wrong, like murder is wrong, charity is right, whatever, and the government is elected by the people. (although they don't always do what we want.) 

It's interesting how everyone says that you shouldn't judge, and no one has the right to tell other how to think and stuff, but right now, it seems like the whole world is telling me that I am wrong to think that being gay is wrong, and that I am mean ( they sound like haters to me) and that what I think doesn't matter, because they can do what feels right to them.

I saw smeone saw that you're really smart to stand up for what you beleive in. well, that's what i'm doing, but everyone's telling me I'm wrong.

I also saw a comment 'no one has the right to tell people what to do'... then stop telling me that I have to say that being gay is A-ok, and that I have to let them.

My step-brother is gay, and that doesn't mean I think he is evil or anything (we all do wrong stuff, and I believe that lying all the time is just as bad as being gay) but I definitely do not agree with his lifestyle. 

expressionist SILVER, Harriman, Tennessee

If life gives u lemons you shud make lemonade then go find someone whose life has given them vodka n have a party!!!-Ron White

I agree with tht.

Lyndsay_420 said...
Lyndsay_420, Fredericksburg, Virginia

"Being noticed can be a burden. Jesus got himself crucified because he got himself noticed. So I disappear a lot." - BD

I personally think that bi/gay relationships are fine.  I think that people can make whatever choices they wantand the goverment shouldn't be able to say anything about it.

bookprincess_210 BRONZE, Fredericksburg, Virginia
....wow lol