The Forgotten Goddess | Teen Ink

The Forgotten Goddess

By Author4Ever BRONZE, Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
Author4Ever BRONZE, Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

I am not always right, but never wrong.

I sat in my tree, it was my tree. Where I could get away from all of my problems. From Kiera and her snobby friends, from my adoptive parents, Tori and Ross. The only reason they adopted me is because, they wanted a “playmate” for Kiera. But, now they can’t return me. So, I’m pretty much stuck with them until I am 18 years old. I looked nothing like them. With my long brown hair and my misty grey eyes. And them, with their white blonde hair and bright blue eyes. No one would be fooled for a second that we were relatives. Tori was a retired model and now she is a fashion designer. Ross works at a modeling agency, finding new models and that’s where he met Tori. Kiera is a wannabe model, with her long white blonde hair and bright blue eyes she might actually be a model. She says when she turns 18 (which is 3 years from now) she’s going to become a model and not even go to college. Which I think is a pretty dumb idea because, I plan to be an author and/or an architect and actually go to college. My thoughts were interrupted as Kiera and her snobby friends, Kenna, Klarissa, and CeCe came giggling out the back door. I swore under my breath. You gotta be kidding!

They were here to torment me, I couldn’t get away this time, through my open window. My room was on the second floor and My Tree was right next to my window and I could easily slip into my room. But, I wouldn’t dare do it in front of them and Kiera would just tell Tori and Ross and they would just cut the tree down.

“Hey! Freak!” Kiera called up, as her cronies giggled.

I didn’t answer, I knew answering would just put more fire to the flame. After a minute or two, Kiera got annoyed and started to climb the tree. I knew for a fact she would get stuck in the tree and cry for help. I just climbed higher. Then, she came to the hard branch. The hard branch is very fragile and you have to be very quick when stepping up on it. Of course, Kiera had no idea of this branch and when she stepped on it. It gave a sickening crack and Kiera went down, hard, flailing 6 feet to the ground. Kiera screamed when she hit the ground. As CeCe, Klarisse, and Kenna went to tend to Kiera the worst that would happen is that she could get a broken leg, I slipped into my open window. I tumbled to the floor. I got up and looked at my desk. There was a package on the table. It was wrapped in brown paper and tied with rope. There was no name on it so I untied the package and opened the paper. Inside was a box. I opened the box and there was a letter. It said,

Celeste Nova Nighte,

You are in grave danger, the Parkers are working for Chaos. You have to get out of their before it is too late. Leave the house with your belongings and do not tell anyone about your whereabouts. They are planning to kill you tonight. Leave now.

Blake Nighte

I was taken aback. I knew the Parkers were evil, but I have never heard of someone called Chaos. Also, Blake had the same last name as me. But, my father and mother died when I was little so, he could be my older brother. Or something like that. I followed his instructions, I didn’t care if he was really lying. I was ready to leave. I packed my gray messenger bag with some extra clothes, my laptop, several books, a hair brush, and some other things. I looked outside, it was already getting dark out. This was my time. CeCe, Kenna, and Klarisse were already sent home so, I was clear to go. I opened the window and I stuck a foot out of my window and put it on one of The Tree’s branches. As I got to the lowest branch, I jumped and landed on my feet. I looked around and saw that the street lights had already gone on. I hoped the fence because, the fence had a combination on it even I didn’t know. Then I heard a small voice, crying, coming from a bush. I cleared the branches away and found a small girl huddled in the bush. Her hair was tangled mess and she had a large but on her cheek. She shrunk away from me when she saw me.

“It’s okay,” I said soothingly. “I’m not going to hurt you.”

She slowly crawled out of the bush. Her blonde hair was a mess and caked with dirt and some dried blood. Her blue eyes were wide, full of fear. The cut on her cheek looked new and there was still blood coming from it. She looked about 5 or 6 years old. But, when light shown on to her, I saw two light brown wings on her back. Then I got a flash of her thoughts, terror, curiosity.

Is this girl someone to trust? The little girl was saying in her head. Is she like me?

I rubbed my temples, wait hold on, why am I reading this girl’s thoughts?

“You have wings.” the girl said looking at my back.
I nearly jumped a mile when I heard this. I touched my back and felt feathers, I tried craning my neck around so I could see my wings. They were a soft, gray color.

“Can you help me?” the girl asked.

“Why do you need help?” I asked.

“Bad people, chasing me.” the girl answered.

“Who are the bad people?” I asked.

“Chaos,” the girl answered.

“Well, I happen to be running from Chaos too.” I said, telling the truth.

She stared at me, wondering if I was telling the truth. Can I trust her? She thought. After how my mom and dad attacked me? I thought I trusted them.

After pausing a long time, she answered, “Okay. Can I come with you?”
I was taken aback by this question. Come with me? I didn’t even know where I was going.

“Uh- okay.” I answered.
She threw her skinny arms around me.

“My name is Anastasia, call me Ana though.” she said.
“Celeste Nova Nighte.” I said, “or Celeste or Nova.”

She then started pumping her wings and she started flying in the air.
“Come on!” she yelled down.

I pumped my wings and I rose above the rooftops. It felt so wonderful, I felt free for the first time in my life.

“What are we?” I asked.
“We’re descendants from Angels!” Ana called back. “We don’t have the halo and stuff, but we do have the wings.”

Before I could process that, Ana screamed. I looked behind us. There were women, but the women weren’t normal. They had long white hair that floated around them, they had long white dresses down to their feet, if you could say the had feet. Their dresses were covered in dried blood. They also had fangs and black eyes, no seriously, their eyes looked like eyes but the eyes were black, the whole eyeball. The worst part, they were coming straight for us.

“What the-” I started.
Ana cut me off, “Spirits, spirits out for revenge and brought back by Chaos. They can fly and have fangs. They resemble vampires! They are called Amanteia”

“You shall not flee us! You shall be killed by us!” one of the Amanteia screamed in a raspy voice.

“Revenge, Revenge!” another one screamed. “Revenge for our master! Revenge! Revenge!”
Okay, these things were really starting to creep me out now. Ana pointed at the busy city of Chicago.

“Let’s go there!” Ana said, shouting over the wind.
I tucked my wings in and dove toward Millennium Park. Just as we landed softly on the grass we started sprinting toward the city. I was thankful for the trees, it gave us cover from the Amanteia. I heard them screaming above in the sky. As we got to the sidewalk, I ran across the street, I heard many people honking and yelling curse words at us, but I didn’t care I wanted to put as much space between me, Ana and the Amanteia. As we were in the middle of the other sidewalk on the busy street Ana stopped me.

“What?” I asked crossly. “As you can see we are being chased by demon dead ladies!”
“Read their minds.” Ana said.

“Wha-” I started saying as she cut me off (again).
“You can read minds, I felt you reading my mind. Read their minds, focus on them and then you will be able to see what they are thinking and where they are going.” Ana cut in.
“May I just say, you are a creepy 6 year old.” I said.
Ana just smiled. I knew she was holding something back.

I closed my eyes and focused on the Amanteia.
Rip, Tear! Blood! Meat! Revenge! Revenge! Master! one of them was thinking.

“Uh-, Ana they aren’t pretty thoughts. They want to rip and tear us to pieces and get revenge for the master.” I said.

“Keep walking, we have to keep walking.” Ana said, shoving me slightly.
We kept walking, pretending we were just regular people (which we weren’t). Just as I was walking a girl ran into me.
“Whoa!” the girl exclaimed as we both fell backwards.
“Sorry,” I muttered.

“Do you see those Amanteia?” she said in an undertone.
“You know about the-” I started.

“Yes, I see your wings. We have to leave.” she said in an undertone.
“How do we know we can trust you?” I asked narrowing my eyes.
She sighed, and then she had gold wings, with silver they looked like- “fairy wings?” I asked.
She nodded, “I’m a fairy, well, fairy descendant. I’m guessing your an angel descendant, right? By the way, my name is Jemma Rivine.” she said.

“I’m Anastasia, but call me Ana, and that’s Celeste.” Ana said, trusting her full heartedly.
I looked around and saw the Amanteia swooping gracefully between the buildings, but to the humans it didn’t look like anything unordinary was happening.
“C’mon,” I said starting to move.
Jemma and Ana followed me.
A little while later, Ana spoke up, “I’m hungry.”
I looked around and saw a little bakery right next to us.
“Let’s go into the bakery.” I suggested.
To tell you the truth I was very hungry too. I glanced at my watch, it was 9 o’clock. I pushed open the door and a bell rang as I entered the bakery. I closed my eyes and inhaled the aroma of fresh bread and cakes and baked goods.

After we got our food and sat down at a table. Jemma started looking in her backpack.
“What are you looking for?” I asked.
“A letter, that I got from someone.” she said not looking up at me.
“Ah-” I said, “from who?”
“From Blake.” Jemma said,
After seeing my puzzled expression she said, “Ya know, like the Leader of the White Rose. Your older brother.”
“Oh yeah, I got a note from him. Saying to leave my adopted family.” I said
“Who were your adoptive family?” Jemma asked looking up from her bag.
“Tori and Ross Parker and their stuck-up brat daughter, Kiera.” I answered.
“Oh my god!” she screamed.
Making the cashier give her a dirty look.
“Shush it!” I whisper-yelled.
“They were the people who, killed your parents. Ellie and Andrew!”
It felt as if a stone dropped right into my stomach. The Parkers? Really! I lived with them for almost 14 years now and now someone tells me they murdered my parents! This day couldn’t get any worse.
Unfortunately, having the rotten luck I had...
it just did.

The Amanteia burst into the small bakery, wailing and screaming. The cashier lady screamed and ran to the back. But, wasn’t quick enough. One of the Amanteia grabbed her and was about to rip her head off until I yelled, “Stop!”
All of them looked at me. Even the cashier lady.
“You shall not tell us what to do, immortal. This human is going to become our feast. We are so longing for human flesh.” One of them hissed.
Wait, wait, wait, me immortal? Okay this day was starting to get really weird.
The Amanteia holding the lady lowered her face near the lady’s neck and her fangs popped out. Ready to bite and kill her.
Just then, I got one of my crazy brain waves. I ran to the cash-register. I grabbed it and threw it at the Amanteia. It hit the Amanteia in the head and she wailed and dropped the mortal (it feels weird calling people “mortal” now). They hissed at me. They started gliding toward me, mouths open wide. Showing their great fangs.

“Don’t get bitten!” Jemma shouted.
“No, really?” I yelled sarcastically back.
I looked around for Ana and saw her kicking Amanteia butt.

She was punching and kicking the Amanteia, she was too fast for them actually, she was a blur. Moving around the Amanteia, making them fall to the floor with surprised look on their faces. I suddenly saw who she really was, a tall, willowy girl with shockingly red hair running around and stabbing the Amanteia with a knife. I immediately knew who she was, she was a shape-shifter. When all of the Amanteia were on the floor in a heap, the little girl Ana came over to me smiling.
“That was amazing Ana!” Jemma exclaimed, rushing over to hung her.
“Why did you lie to me?” I asked flatly.
“What do you mean Celeste?” Ana asked her eyes widening.
“Your a shape-shifter, not an angel.” I said calmly.
“But-” Ana started looking pale.
“Oh come on Celeste, she’s an angel. You must be going mental.” Jemma said.
“No, all I saw was the real Anastasia. She had red hair and she was a shape-shifter.” I continued.

“Oh! I am sorry!” Ana said bursting into tears, transforming back into the tall girl with red hair and jade green eyes.

“I’m not angry.” I said calmly. “I just want to know why you lied.”
“My name is not really Anastasia, it’s Liz, Liz Anderson.” Liz said, still sniffling.

“Liz, why did you lie?” asked Jemma.
“Because, I was being followed by the Eye, you know, Chaos’ followers. And so I transformed into a little girl and hid in the bushes. Then Celeste found me and I wanted to get away from that town as fast as I could so, I came with you. And-and I knew that you were like me, special.” Liz said, calming down.

“Okay,” Jemma said looking a bit befuddled.
“I don’t blame you if you want to leave me.” Liz said.

“Oh! We’re not leaving you!” I exclaimed.
“Really!” Liz exclaimed, looking really happy.
“First, we have to find a place to stay over night.” Jemma said.
“Okay, but where?” Liz asked.
“We can go and find a room at a fancy hotel.” I suggested.
“Uh, you have any money?” Jemma asked looking doubtful.
“Nah, well I do but not enough but I have an idea.” I answered.
“What?” Jemma and Liz asked at the same time.

“Well, Liz can turn into a child and she could try persuading the lady to let her and her sisters stay at the hotel for a night or two.” I answered.
Liz thought for a moment and said, “I like it.”

We walked to the first hotel we saw and entered. It was very fancy, and clean. A crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling, and some very plush couches in the front room. As we walked up to the lady at the front desk, she smiled.
“How may I help you?” she asked politely.
“Please, can you give us a room?” Liz asked.

“Um, I am really sorry, but I am not allowed to give a room to unaccompanied minors.” the woman said, looking sorry.
“No, you don’t understand.” Liz said starting to sniffle. “Our parents are dead, killed in a car crash and our house was burned down so, we need a place to stay and we don’t have any money.
“Oh, you poor dears!” the woman exclaimed, looking deeply distressed.
“Can we stay?” Liz asked, now crying.

“Oh of course,” the lady said smiling, “I just need your names.”
“My name is Isabella.” Liz said.
“And my name is Cara and that’s my twin sister, Kiera.” Jemma said, gesturing toward me.
I was going to kick her in the shin for that one.

The lady handed our key to “Isabella” and told her where our room was and where everything was. I sent Jemma a mental message,
Really?!?!
Jenna looked so surprised when she got the mental message.

“What’s wrong Cara?” I asked innocently.
I just ignored her stuttering and walked up the stairs with Liz. Just as I closed the door behind me, Jenna started talking fast, “I heard a voice in my head, I heard something. Someone is here! We have to leave!”

Liz and I made a huge mistake, we glanced at each other and then we started cracking up. Jemma looked at us, horrified.
“Guys! There are some of the EYE in here!” she practically screamed.
“No there isn’t,” Liz said, gasping and trying to stop laughing.

“You didn’t hear the-” Jemma started and then she rounded on me and narrowed her eyes.
“Yes,” I said, failing to sound innocent.

“Celeste Nova Nighte! I am going to kill you!” Jemma screamed.
I of course, did the only sensible thing, and ran for it. I ran out of the room and down the long narrow hallway with Jemma in pursuit. I rushed up the stairs and stopped in my tracks. Their was a girl, but she had the bottom half of a snake and the top part of the normal human girl, she might be a dracaena. She was talking with another girl, the other girl was almost transparent, but she wasn’t a ghost, her hair was blowing around her face and she was talking in a high voice, maybe she was a wind elemental or something. Just then, Jemma ran into me as she came running up the stairs. I fell to the ground with a crash. The girls glanced at me and glared, and then their eyes widened at the sight of my wings.

“What are YOU doing here?” the snake girl asked, putting her hands on her hips.
“Running away from a fairy, how about you?” I answered.

“This is a private floor, and I can call security.” the snake girl hissed.
“Oh yeah, like that’s gonna do any good.” Jemma sneered.

“Excuse me?” The transparent girl asked, crossing her arms.
“We can just fly out of here and the security is going to think that your a delusional brat wasting their precious time.” I said smirking.

The snake girl stamped her food in frustration.
“What’s the matter?” Jemma asked innocently.

Then the transparent girl screamed, and let me tell you... it was the mother of all screams. It was very high and very loud. I covered my ears and saw the window at the end of the hall break and armed men started rushing toward us.

“Nice meeting you!” I yelled at them as I ran down the stairs, hearing bullets hitting the wall where we were just standing.
We rushed to our room and grabbed Liz and our belongings.

“Now what did you?!?!” Liz exclaimed, coughing and wheezing from our run out of the hotel.
“Well, Celeste kind of angered a dracaena.” Jemma said.

“Excuse me?!” I said defensively. “Who was chasing me up the stairs and who fell on top of me?”

“Yeah, but if you didn’t do that creepy mind trick on me, I wouldn’t want to kill you.” Jemma said plainly, as if she had a perfect point.

“Oh come on.” I pouted. “I didn’t know you would react that badly!”

“Well, you know what, at least I knew, not to anger a dracena. Because, MY parents told me.” Jemma said angrily.
Ouch. That struck a nerve. And Jemma knew it. I was about to punch her nose, when Liz screamed. I whipped around and saw, a group of people in black, with hoods pulled over their face and they were walking straight toward us. They had long swords in their hand and they had an eye in the middle of their robes.

“I’ll deal with you later!” I yelled at Jemma.
“Run!” Liz screamed.

We started sprinting away from them. And sprinting through a busy sidewalk is not easy, let me tell you. We got several weird looks from people and we were shoving people out of the way. The cloaked people were slicing through the crowd, killing whoever got in their way.

“We have to fly!” I yelled at Liz and Jemma.
“What?! No!” Liz screamed.

“Oh come on, you got the hang of flying when you were in child form.” Jemma panted, having trouble running and talking.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you, I’m afraid of heights!” Liz wheezed.

“Now you tell me!” I shout back.

“We’ll catch you if you fall!” Jemma coughed.

“Oh fine!” Liz yelled back, her green eyes full of fear.
She then started to transform. She disappeared with a crack and reappeared, looking normal enough except for the tawny wings, protruding out of her back. Then we all started running and I unfurled my gray wings and I jumped. I beat my wings hard and I went flying into the sky. I turned and saw Jemma and Liz next to me. Jemma was grinning wildly, and Liz was looking a bit green. We started flying, Jemma was leading us.

“Where are we going?” I finally asked.
“HQ.” Jemma answered simply.

“HQ for what?” I asked.
Jemma ignored my question. Then she started going into a steep dive.

“You must be joking.” Liz groaned as she dived too.
I followed them and I dove. Wind hit my face as my hair flew behind me. I saw Jemma land on the ground in a small, deserted looking town.

“Where are we?” I asked.
She ignored me (again).

“Oh, don’t ignore me.” I said, irritated.

“We’re in Intesiea.” Jemma finally answered, “where the White Rose is.”

“Uh, does it have a shanty town theme?” I asked, looking around.

Jemma frowned. “No, it is usually full of people, I wonder what happened.”

I looked around and then saw a little girl come out of one of the shanty houses.

“Oh! Hey Kelia!” Jemma yelled, smiling.

The girl didn’t smile back, she started walking toward us.
“Um, Jemma. She looks a bit murderous.” Liz murmured.

“You shall not pass.” Kelia said, standing in front of us.

“Have you been watching too much Lord of the Rings?” I asked suspiciously, ticking her off enormously.

Kelia snarled.

“Is that a yes or a no?” I asked again.

“Oh my god Celeste, shut up!” Jemma whisper shouted.

“What? It’s an innocent question.” I said, failing to sound innocent.
“Now, who’s your favorite character from Lord of the Rings?” I asked Kelia.

Kelia totally lost it and turned into who she really was, she was an Amanteia. But, she wasn’t a full sized Amanteia, just a small one, just a microscopic one (well, maybe not that small).

“No more jokes! You die now!” Kelia screamed in a raspy voice.

“But, the joke is on you.” I said simply as I snapped my fingers.

I didn’t really expect anything to happen, but boy was I wrong.

Kelia the Amanteia burst into white flames and turned into gold ashes. No, I am not kidding, really, gold ashes. Then the wind picked up and scattered the ashes.

“Holy kibbles and bits.” I said.

“How did you do that?” Jemma asked, gaping at me.

“Do what?” I asked.

“Turn the Amanteia into flames.” Jemma said, still gaping.

I honestly didn’t try to do that. I just wanted to add effect, but it turns out I can turn things to ashes, sweet.

“I didn’t try to!” I exclaimed.

“I thought we were your friends.” Jemma pouted.

“I didn’t even know I can do that!” I exclaimed, exasperated.

“Sooooooooooo”Liz said. “Where to next?”

Then, Liz’s and Jemma’s eyes widened.

“What?” I demanded.

Liz pointed to my leg.

I slowly turned to look at my leg.

I screamed.

“Get it off! Get it off! Get it off! Get it off!” I screamed, running around.

It was a green, slimy thing and then suddenly it bit me. I screamed again.
I snapped my fingers and screamed, “GET OFF ME!!!!”

You know what happened? If you guessed, it disintegrated, you were 100% correct. And if you guessed, that it did nothing and just sat there you were 100% wrong.

What can I say? I have a gift for disintegrating objects.

“Well, that was eventful. With the little girl, obsessed with Lord of the Rings and a green slimy thingy that bit me.” I said.

“Oh my god Celeste, stop it with the Lord of the Rings!” Jemma said exasperated.
What can I say, I have a gift for ticking people off.

“Before anything else attacks us, where are we going to now?” Liz asked.

“Can we go skiing? I’ve always wanted to go-” I started, until I was rudely interrupted.

“No!” Jemma and Liz shouted at the same time.

“You know it is very rude to interrupt people when they are speaking.” I said, irritated.

“No, skiing, I hate the cold and snow.” Jemma said, stamping her foot.

We should sooooo, go bungee jumping! Like that would be so much fun! The only problem is Celeste... Jemma thought

“No bungee jumping then.” I said pouting.

“Hey! Did you read my mind again?” Jemma asked suspiciously.

“Why?” I asked innocently.

“You’ve got to stop doing that!” Jemma exclaimed, “I can’t think in private!”

“How about, Vegas?” Liz asked, looking a bit hopeful.

“Yeah, no.” I said.

“Come on Celeste! PLEASE.” Jemma and Liz pleaded.

“I’ve got a better idea, how about NYC?” I asked.

Liz and Jemma never got to answer me. Someone grabbed me from behind and held my arms behind my back.

“Let go of me!” I shrieked.
I was now in full panic mode. I was kicking and screaming my head off. I saw that Liz was being taken away, she was screaming too. But, Jemma wasn’t being captured, she was grinning wickedly at me.

“Honestly Celeste, you can’t have expected me to really be on your side. Chaos will swallow everything, and destroy everything. Only his faithful followers will remain.” Jemma said, smirking at me and Liz.

I glanced next to see Liz, she was being held from behind from a tall boy, with black hair and black eyes, as dark as coal. She was trying to break free, but she couldn’t. Just then, I felt a fist connect with my nose, I felt my nose break. I gave a small shriek of pain. The boy smirked at me as he threw Liz in a black van, with a huge, ugly eye on it. He went back for me and threw me in. My shoulder slammed against the truck wall and I groaned.

“I can fix your nose.” Liz said, looking at me nose.

“Really?” I asked.

She nodded and crawled toward me. She touched my nose and I got a flash of her life. Her growing up, with a little brother. She loved him more than anything in the world. Then I saw a gruesome sight, her brother and parents were laying on the ground, dead, blood covering them. I saw her kneeling over them, crying. I now understood why she wanted to leave, she didn’t have a life there any more, with her brother and parents dead. I opened my eyes and I felt my nose, it was as good as new.

“Thanks,” I said, smiling at her.

Then, I felt the truck start, at a moments notice. Liz and I slammed into the wall. We both groaned.

“Keep it down in there!” the boy yelled from the drivers seat in front.
“What if we don’t want to be quiet?” I asked tauntingly.

“Then I’ll break your nose again!” the boy yelled back.
“Oh, like that’s going to do any difference!” Liz shouted.

“Excuse me?” the boy asked turning around at us.

“Honestly, you have to look up who you are capturing before you actually capture them.” I said, smirking.

“But, Jemma told us that you were an angel and she was a shifter.” the boy said, looking a bit nervous.

“Darling Jemma didn’t tell you that I can disintegrate things at a moments notice. And I have a power for ticking people off.” I said proudly.

“She didn’t tell you that I can heal wounds,” Liz said smirking.

“And now we are going to escape and there is NOTHING you can do about it.” I said smirking as Liz opened the back door of the truck.

“You have to lock all escape routes, all GOOD kidnappers know that.” Liz said smiling.
Then we jumped, Liz started changing in mid air and she now had wings. I pushed upward with my wings and I started flying in the sky. Liz and I high-fived each other.

“That was awesome!” Liz exclaimed.

“Look, they are stopping the van, too bad they won’t be able to catch us.” I said.

The boy was screaming bloody murder at us. Of course, Liz and I were laughing our heads off.

Then we saw who the boy really was, he transformed into a kinda half-wolf. He was still standing on two legs and he had two arms, but his whole body was hairy. He started growling at us.

“We better go before they get Jemma.” I said.

“Okay, where too?” Liz asked.

“Not NYC or Vegas.” I said.

“Hmmm....” Liz said.

“Wait! I have a perfect idea!” I exclaimed.

“What?” Liz asked excitedly.

“We’re going to the last place Jemma would look for.” I answered.

“And that is?”

“We are going skiing in Colorado.” I said grinning.

“Fine with me!” Liz said happily.

We started flying west. To Colorado.

Okay, it was pitch black when we found a fancy (yes fancy) skiing resort. We were ready to pass out. As we land, Liz collapsed, and started trying to get up. Even my legs were wobbly. That’s what flying for about 4 hours does to you. We walked up to the door and we pushed it open. Liz then transformed into a small girl, that was in a pink party dress with pink ribbons (I personally think she went overload on the pink). We walked up to the counter and Liz peered over the the counter.

“Hey sweetie, how can I help you?” the young woman at the front asked, smiling.
“Can you get me and my sister a room pwease?” she asked, a bit over dramatically.

“Of course, where are your parents? They need to sign a form.” she said, still smiling.

“Dead,” Liz said pleasantly.
The woman choked on her coffee.
“Your parents, wait hold on. They’re dead?”

“Yes,” Liz said sadly, “died in an accident.”

Then the lady started sobbing, “Oh you poor dears!”
Okay, what is it with grown-ups and breaking down sobbing when we tell them a stupid story of our parents dead.

Liz then lifted her hand and grabbed a key that said, Room 619.

“Thank you.” she said sweetly.

Trying to find a room number in like a 20 story building, is not a piece of cake. The place had no elevators. For such a modern looking place, they had serious design flaws. Since having to climb twenty stories, is not fun. Liz happened to grab a key that was on the 20th floor.
“C’mon Liz. Couldn’t you have like gotten a key that was on the 1st floor or something, not the 20th floor on a building that has no elevators.” I complained, climbing the 16th stair case.

“It’s not my fault!” she protested. “That lady put the key on the desk so I grabbed it!”
“Well, next time before the person starts crying, ask them for a key that is on the LOWER LEVELS of the building.” I shot back.

Finally after a while of us arguing, we reached the 20th floor and we were looking for Room 619. But, the room number wasn’t ANYWHERE. I finally asked a passing maid, “Excuse me, where Room 619?”

“Oh, your looking on the wrong floor darlings, they had to relocate in on the 1st Floor.” she said smiling.

You have got to be kidding me. After all of those staircases we climbed, we are told we had to go back down. Liz went to the nearest wall and started banging her head on the wall saying, “Stupid, Stupid, Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.” over and over again.

“You mustn't do that.” the maid cackled.
Liz stopped abruptly and stared open mouthed at the lady. I don’t know what she saw, but whatever it was, it wasn’t good. The lady started transforming, her hair growing longer and transparent. Her face becoming younger and her maid outfit started slowly elongating into a gray dress.

“I usually don’t feed on girls, but you girls, are special. You have a big price on your heads. And now, I have captured you. You will be dead, dead, dead.” She said, smiling cruelly, showing her fangs.

I looked down the hall, there was a frying pan sitting there. Brainwave.
“Hold that thought.” I said to the demon lady.

Then I ran toward the frying pan.
“Celeste! What are you doing!!” Liz screamed.

I grabbed the frying pan and ran toward the demon maid, lady thing. I then smacked the frying pan against the side of the demon lady’s head. She crumpled like a marionette.

I pointed my finger at the demon and said, “Disintegrate.”
Nothing happened.

“Disintegrate.” I tried again.

Nothing.

“Die?”
Nothing.
I kicked my foot against the wall.
“Oww!” I complained.
Liz looked like she was trying so hard not to laugh.

“What? You can do better?” I demanded, crossing my arms.
She shut up at that. Then we heard a deafening roar.

“Why is it that whenever we try and sleep somewhere, we always end up being attacked, almost assassinated, or betrayed.” I complained.

We were flying in the air again, Liz was looking a bit green again.

“Oh, I don’t know, maybe it’s because YOUR the most wanted criminal by the Eye and they are sending people to try and murder you and murder anyone who is with them.” Liz said, my iPod Touch in her hand.

I sighed, this was true after all.
“Hey, a senile old lady was found sleeping in a shopping cart in a Walmart parking lot.” Liz announced.

“Excuse me?”

“Mrs. Alora Parkins, 78, was found sleeping in a shopping cart in a New York City Walmart parking lot. It was found out that she said she was scaring off the dragons. She was sent to a nursing home.” Liz continued.

“And I care, why?” I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders and kept on going searching the news.

“Wait a second, uh oh.” Liz said, turning even greener.

“What?” I asked, annoyed.

“We are now on a wanted list.”

“What?!?!” I screamed.

“Yeah, apparently you should’ve disintegrated that lady. Because, she said that you attacked her with a knife and that you hit it on the side of her head, making her unconscious.” Liz said.
“I hit her in the head with a freaking FRYING PAN!”

“Well, now you are wanted dead or alive?”
Wait a second, they want me dead or alive? I thought alive was the only option for children.

“Do you have a tent?” Liz asked suddenly.

“No!”

“Okay, do you have money?” she asked.

“Yes,” I said slowly.

“Well then, let’s go camping.” she announced and she started going into a steep dive, going near a REI.

I had no choice but to follow her. When I started to dive, I felt someone grab me from behind.

Did I scream? Of course I screamed.
Liz stopped in mid dive and wheeled around and screamed, “Look out!”
I ducked just in time because, a brick went straight past my head and hit my captor. My captor scream, it was a girl’s voice. I spun around and saw Jemma falling, down to her death. She was crying.

“Help! Help!” she kept screaming.
I saw that someone was diving toward her, a girl also, she had strawberry blonde hair, and- OH MY GOD, that’s Kiera.

“LIZ LET’S GO!” I screamed as I dove toward Liz and I started flying over the REI store and once I flew past it, I lowered myself so that I was level with the tree tops. I looked behind me and I saw that Liz was following me. After about an hour of this, I went into a dive toward a place that was flatland and that was concealed with trees, with a clear river flowing right next to it. As soon as I landed, I passed out.

I was walking in a clearing like this, but Liz wasn’t there, only a woman was standing there she looked very kind and intelligent. She also looked a bit like, me?

“Mom,” I said, in a barely audible voice.
“Yes darling, it’s me.” my mom said, smiling.

“What’s happening?” I asked.

“You are one of the most powerful people in the world. Angels are very rare, even part angels. And angels, well they tend to be immortal. Also, they tend to be very powerful and with power, come great risk.” She said sadly.

“So, I’m not a full angel?” I asked.
“No, only half, I’m a full angel, and your father is, well was a psychic.” She said, with a kind expression on her face.

“Why are they hunting me? Why?” I asked.

“Because, there is a prophecy about you, and you are said to bring power to our people. And to restore everything to it’s rightful place. Because, you are not in our world. You are needed in your home, your kingdom.”

“Wait, hold on. I have a kingdom?” I asked.

“Yes, everyone must make the journey. Only the true Queen can find the way. And only the loyal friends can find you.” My mother said.

My mother turned around suddenly. The move startled me, I didn’t know that my mother could move that fast, even in dream form. Someone was coming from the forest, a young girl. A smaller version of me. In this dream (If you can call it one) I was standing