Bete' Noire | Teen Ink

Bete' Noire

By CoryMcIntosh04 SILVER, Lawrenceville, Georgia
CoryMcIntosh04 SILVER, Lawrenceville, Georgia

"You need about a dozen colors, large paper, some paintbrushes, an apron, and a large room to create your glamorous work of art? Well give me a paper and a pencil so I can create the same."

Summary:

The main Character, Gene Arch, was born blind as a purposely given abnormality that was used as a sacrifice to inherit the Sorcerer of Chao's blood and control him, however the Sorcerer of Chaos previously implanted a seal to break control and merged his conscience with Gene's. Gene kills his family because Chaos has forced him to believe they were suffering and death was a way to free. In order for Gene to see, he must enhance his eyesight with Chaos magic. When he does, Chaos manipulates his vision to see nothing but a destroyed land tainted with blood, and humans appear as savage beasts with flaming swords. Gene is oblivious to the reality and has made many enemies because of it. Throughout the story, he is ambushed by several reincarnations of previous people that succumbed to Chaos's wrath and seek revenge after being born with their Ancestor's memories. Will Gene ever find out the truth, or will he be doomed to release Chaos or die by the hand of his predecessors?

Tags: Bete noire

Cory M.

Bete' Noire

156zcm said...
156zcm, Medford, New York
your a great writer and all i have to say is grammer and if you could could you check out my book its called Wizard Test Book 1 and i realy need someone elses imput. thanks.

Ebonykitty SILVER, Naples, Florida

You can't run out of dreams. Dreams are the start of everything...

I loved it! I can't wait to read more!

~Ebony~

Jacob44 said...
Ack! I can't wait! Good luck and happy writing! :P :)

on Dec. 28 2010 at 7:53 am

Haha, I'm glad that you enjoyed it! I do plan to continue with this story again in January. It needs some editing but I'm glad you're satisfied with what I have so far :D 

on Dec. 28 2010 at 7:52 am

Thank you very much for your input, if you have any advice, I would be more than happy to listen!

Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

Your grammar and word usage comes across as incredibly awkward, and is extremely offputting.

Jacob44 said...
Oops, how dumb of me, it says what it means at the top(i was nowhere close)!

Jacob44 said...

i figured Noire out, it means Black i think. Correct me if im wrong

Jacob44 said...

Wow, what a great beginning, this is the kind of story that teen(and beyond!) fantasy readers have been waiting for(especially me).  I can't wait to finish reading  your book. I am also curious, what does Bete' Noire mean? I suppose it is french, but I am at a loss to the meaning. Thanks for writing and keep up the great work!

Jacob44