Stuck! | Teen Ink

Stuck!

By kmuczynski BRONZE, Maumee, Ohio
kmuczynski BRONZE, Maumee, Ohio

Author's note:

-

Stuck! I'm still here and it isn't even my fault! Hi, my name is Jared and I'm 18 years old. Also, something horrible happened to me! I got framed! I'm stuck inside this Canadian jail cell because of my dad! My dad's name is Colt Jefferson he's one of the most wanted criminals in the U.S.A. So that’s why we moved to Canada because he is wanted in America.

Basically, I live only with my dad. My mom died and my brother is in a jail cell in America for 13 years. Scents then my dad has changed so much and he was so sad when my mom died he started to steal little things at gas stations. Now he has a team and not stealing little things at gas stations anymore. Now he and his team are stealing jewelry and robbing banks. Now that you know the basics I will tell you the story of how innocent I ended up in jail!

Me and my dad are very different but we have one thing in common and that is were both very smart. But we use it for two different things, he uses it to be bad and plan out bad things also hacking and I use it for getting good grades in school. But this one specific Friday after school, my dad was telling me about this big mission he was going to and was talking about robbing a jewelry auction place. Which is pretty much you bid on jewelry and the highest bidder wins the jewelry. Then he told me that he needed my help. I said no because I don't want to get in trouble by the police! So then after that, I thought everything was normal but it wasn't! My dad said he was going on a boat with his friends and he said that he will be gone for a week. I said okay and at the time I didn't think much of it. But then when he came downstairs with his bags packed and ready to leave I saw this black duffle bag and again at the time I wasn't thinking much of it, but then he told me he was going outside to smoke a cigarette and he left his bags inside. He was out there for a good 15 minutes and that time went by and he was still out there. Then I got up from my chair and I looked through the window because I was getting suspicious of why he was out there so long. So I saw that he was on the phone and my door wasn't all the way soundproof so I could kind of hear what he was saying.

All I could hear was my dad said: “yeah it’s in the black duffle bag.” That's all I heard and then I got suspicious of what was in the bag. So I looked in the bag! I saw the money! Lots of money! There was so much money in there that it filled up the whole bag. I already knew what was going on. My dad must have stolen the money from somewhere and now had to bring it to someone. At least I thought it was that simple. It wasn't because my dad walked back into the house and saw me right next to his open duffle bag with thousands of dollars in there. As soon as he walked in his exact words were “you know now and you can’t change that.” He said that and I thought about it for a few seconds and it was just dead silent. Then finally my dad said something but it wasn't what I wanted to here. He said “ you know now an-and you have to come with me. There can be no witnesses on the loose.” I was scared! There was no way I could get out of going with him now! So I agreed and didn't even fight with him about it. I went upstairs grabbed clothes and a suitcase, packed it, went downstairs and into the car without saying a word. I was just thinking in car of all the negative things that can happen here and how can it possibly end in a good way.

A few moments later my dad got in the car and explained everything to me. He said how he got the money, why he got the money, what we’re doing with the money and the whole plan. So basically a guy named Francisco found out my dad was a real criminal and could get put in jail at any time. So basically he blackmailed him. He told him if he didn't rob a bank get all that money and give it to him he would turn him in. So at the moment, all my dad said was “I would be happy to!’ Even though all of us knew without him saying anything that he was being sarcastic about it. But my dad did not want to get turned in so he did what the guy told him to and that stole thousands of dollars and give it to him I guess. So we were in the car in the middle of nowhere in Canada pretty much for 5 hours and finally, we reach this destination. It was a hotel building that looked very nice and clean. So the first thing that happened was my dad told me “I need you to grab the duffle bag and follow this map, once you reach the destination you will drop the bag off and leave and come right back here.” I said “dad are you crazy? Why would I do that for you?” He said that he can’t do it because he doesn't want to risk being out in the open. So I agreed because I didn't want my dad to get in trouble. So I got out of the car, grabbed the duffle bag and map and I went off on the scavenger hunt. So the first thing I had to do was just go threw the parking lot of the hotel we parked at and had to go to the back of the place. So then I saw these woods and the map told me to go to them.

So without thinking twice I walked in the woods and followed the map for about 45 minutes and finally reached the destination. But something terrible happened! I placed the bag down and I heard “PUT YOUR HANDS UP!” I already knew this was going to turn out in a bad way! So I turned around and put my hands up and there it was 5 policemen standing there with their guns pointing at ME! As soon as they saw me they said: “your not Colt Jefferson (my dad) Are you?” I was so nervous I could barely move but I was able to shake my head no. One of them said to me then why are you out here having the scavenger hunt map in your hand that one of our undercover agents gave to Colt to set him up? At that moment my life flashed before my eyes! They pretty much just told me that my dad got set up and if he was the one out here then he would have been arrested immediately. Then they asked me “ Are you related to him in any way?” I thought about this for a good 10 seconds and thought about if I would say yes and they would find out that my father would get caught and put into jail. So I said no and I said I found it on the ground and tried to follow it to see what was at the end. But then they said something that got me. They said, “ then why do you have the black duffle bag that my undercover agent told him to bring on the phone and Colt said he would bring it with all the money in it.” He caught me I didn’t know that to say if I would stay then they would have gotten the bag from me saw the money in there and know I’m working for my dad! (Or whatever they think I am to my dad.) 15 seconds go by and he says “ well if you’re not working for him then there shouldn't be money in that bag right?” As soon as he said that, I had no other choice to do anything so… I RAN!

I ran as hard as I could out of there and to the car and I got in and they were already right behind us and I looked at my dad and said GO! So he went we going really really fast with them on our tail while I was trying to tell him everything that had happened and how it was a setup and how thankful I was the one that went there instead of my dad because it was a trap. So we kept driving and we finally lost them. Or at least we thought! We went to this nearby hotel and little did we know they we right behind us but they were just undercover policemen now. So the cars behind us were just normal looking cars that didn’t have any signs of being police. So we pulled in to the hotel and they did too. So we parked and they did too. And finally, we got out of our car. THEY DID TOO. So we notice it by now so we got back in our car and sat there. THEY DID TOO. So we stayed there and finally we got back out because they left. Or at least we thought. They tricked us! They acted like they were leaving so we got out of the car but really they just went around in a circle so they came back and blocked our car so we couldn’t go in it! So we ran. But that didn’t matter because they had cars. So they blocked us off now and that was it. They grabbed us and got us into a car and we went to jail. But they made us go to different ones. Now I am in this jail and this story, sadly, did not have a happy ending.