Ready or not We've Come | Teen Ink

Ready or not We've Come

November 22, 2019
By InkLink, San Jacinto, California
More by this author
InkLink, San Jacinto, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I have always wished I had superpowers and I thought of writing a book when I was given an assignment in 7th grade. We had to write a chapter of a book. Ever since I have been testing things out and ended up with this. Hope you enjoy

"I will see you in a week", they said as they left the building. I had never been there before and I wasn't sure why my parents had to leave. I meet a kid named Marcus, he said his parents had died a year ago and he was brought here. He told me they weren't coming back for me and I should get comfy and that we're going to be here awhile. I didn't believe him at first but I'm 21 now and they still haven't returned so I guess he was right.


" dude wake up" screamed Marcus, "we're going to be late". I scrambled out of bed and rushed to get ready. Today was our last day until Christmas break, we are freshmen in college and ever since we met, me and Marcus have been best friends. As I hustled to dump the milk into my bowl of Dino Bites I saw the time and realize why Marcus rushed me. It was 7:15 and my first class was in 15 minutes. I sprinted outside and was just in time to catch up to him. When we made it to class things were a little off. Only three other people were there and I didn't recognize any of them. As we sat down things escalated quickly as if they were one person all three stood up and pointed some sort of a gun at us and said," hands in the air or we'll have to use Force". Immediately we followed. It wasn't long before I man walked into the room and said, ``We've got you no--" before he could finish a huge fire bursts through the floor and knocked them to the ground. A man a little younger than I screamed," let's go". In all the confusion I stood there not knowing what to do. Marcus threw me onto his shoulders and ran for it. When I regained my senses I rolled off his shoulders and yelled," what's going on, who are you?" He looked at me and said, "we are the people who just saved your butts". Without even realizing it a girl had joined us. "Here," he screamed as he ran through a door. When things finally started to calm down things got weird. The walls and ceiling started to warp and soon or replaced with white and then we were in a different room. With a ton of people. As Marcus and I pulled our thoughts together the others started to take off their stuff. "What can you do?" The girl said. 

Seeing our confusing she restated, "your powers? What are they?". 

"Powers," I thought "what powers?". 

After about 30 seconds Marcus broke the silence and exclaimed," I don't know who you think we are we have no powers and there's no way you do, as much as I want them to be superpowers aren't real". 

Everyone stopped what they were doing and just stared. 

" here's where you're wrong. The Paradoxes wouldn't have come for you if you had no powers, and we do have them, we'll prove it". The man nodded towards another girl and she followed us outside. Marcus and I stared into an open field. Suddenly a huge vine bursts out of the ground and a flame shot out with it. They both crashed together and were turned to ash. 

 "Are you sure we don't have powers? or do you change your minds"

By then I didn't know what to do. If they were right, what were my powers? 

It has been a week since and we have met a few new people. The man and woman who saved us were Ash and Sydney. Ash could create fire and Sydney had teleportation. We also met Jackson a speedster, Rose the girl who created the vine and Hannah who could control the wind. All five were raised with powers. There was a whole warehouse full of people who were gifted. Later that night we went out to get some food. As we ate the ground started to shake. Soon everyone was up and ready to fight. A piece of asphalt flew through the window and was heading straight towards us. Rose shot a vine straight at it and blocked the rock. Out of nowhere, ten men appeared out of the shadows. "I'm assuming these are paradoxes" joked Marcus. And then it started. We fought all we could but we were losing. Hannah and Jackson had been knocked down. And it looked like it was all over. Two paradoxes came running towards Rose but she didn't see one. He created a metal throwing knife and threw it. As I stared at her I saw something in her eyes I knew I would do anything for her. I sprinted towards her and soon a blue aura started to follow me, I jumped in the way of the blade and deflected it with some sort of force field. I started to test my powers and created a staff. I ran at the man with so much force he slammed into the wall. We helped the others up and together stopped them all. By the time we finished the last one the others had run away and we weren't sure what to do with him. We took him with us and locked him in a room in the warehouse. We decided to celebrate. Since we got there I could tell something was wrong with Marcus.  He was quiet for a while but soon he spoke, "pass me a water". He dropped his hand on the table and out of nowhere, a water bottle flew into his hand. We looked to see who had thrown it but no one was there. "I have an idea," he said as he unscrewed the cap. He squeezed the bottle so the water shot up and then it stopped he had dropped the bottle and held his hands towards the water and it stopped. He had learned of his powers because of a water bottle. We started to laugh and celebrated until we heard someone yelling. It was the paradox. He shouted, " We've come! We've come because of you"!



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.