returning home | Teen Ink

returning home

May 14, 2013
By dani55 SILVER, exline iowa, Iowa
More by this author
dani55 SILVER, Exline Iowa, Iowa
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
dont worry be happy.


Author's note: please just read.

Returning Home

Preface


I was on my way home after spending time at a school for people like me. My black mustang was going well over 135mph. I live in Forks Washington and I'm 15 years old I have been ever since 2005. On my way through Forks my friend Claire and I could hear the pounding of footsteps in the woods. I looked at Claire and smiled.

“Don't do it, remember what happened last time?” Claire demanded.

“Of course I remember my parents threatened to take my car away from me.” I replied sourly.

“Than don't race them.” she pleaded.
I looked away mad because she knew I wanted to race them but also wanted to keep my car. So all I did was look at the road and drive home.

Chapter 1 “The finding”

When I pulled into the drive I could hear my mother and father in the yard helping my little sister control her power. My family and some others we know are very powerful also not human. We can walk the day but we shine like diamonds. We never sleep and never eat; we drink the blood of animals. We don’t want to be monsters like others of our kind. We were changed by force not by will. We were all dyeing or as my mother fell in love with a vampire. I leaned against my car with Claire and saw them come out of the woods in their human forms. They have been with us since forever.

“Hey Avery we wanted to race. Why did you back down?” asked Johnny
“That's because I will take her car away for a whole year.” my mother replied for me.

“Mom, you don't need to answer for me.” I looked at her mad.
Then the door to the house swung open and he came out. He has the most amazing hair and is so sweet but has no clue how I feel for him. Every woman in school wants him.

“Hey Avery we've all missed you.” His voice was so soft and sweet I melted at the sound of it.

“Hello Amery, and thank you for that but I'm just me and I need to go hunt.” I said as I walked past him without eye contact.

“Hey Avery wait a minute I'll come with you.” That's when I looked at him.

“You don't need to Amery, I can go alone.” I responded looking away again.

“No Avery, I'm coming and there's nothing you can do about it.” he said with a demanding smirk.

“Fine hurry up I'm ready.” I said waling away through the house.
I looked behind me and saw him smiling. I put my stuff in my room and turned around and Amery was standing there. I squeaked and looked away. He grabbed my chin and made me look into his eyes.

“Why do you always turn away when I walk into the room?” he asked still holding my chin.

“Because I'm no good for someone like you.” I said trying to pull away.
He than grabbed my waist and rests his head on my shoulder and whispers into my ear.

“Just tell me how you really feel, because me, I'm in love with you.” He smiled as he let go and walked over to the window and jumped out.
Before I could say anything he was already running to the woods. I ran to the window and did the same. When I hit the ground I broke out into a run. Amery was right behind me in less than a second. We went five miles into the woods when we herd the pounding of hooves. I stopped and jumped into a tree and sat there waiting for my meal to come to me. Avery went up a tree across from mine and sat there waiting. We waited ten minute before we saw the deer in the clearing. I leaned forward and loosened up all my muscles and when I found the right one I jumped. At the same time Amery did the same and it took less than five seconds to get my kill. It laid there when I bit into it's neck. I looked up and saw Amery take down his kill.

“Amery!” I hollered at him.
He looked up with questionable eyes.

“Mines bigger.” I told him smiling.
He looked at my kill and than looked at his and stuck his tongue out at me and I laughed. I went over and bit into my kill and drank every last drop of blood from it. I was still drinking when Avery came over and waited. When I was done we cleaned up in a stream near by.

On our way home we came across a small run down cabin. I went in and took a look around. When we walked in we could see a big room and then a hallway that has two rooms. The master bedroom was a little bit bigger then the living room. It also had a big dusty bed. Amery was looking at the bed, and then plopped down on it. He smiled and patted the spot next to him. I walked slowly to his side and sat down. He took me hand and pulled me onto his lap and just cradled me. I pulled away and looked very confused and he looked kind of sad.

“What did I do wrong?” he asked.

“Nothing, it's just you don’t ever touch me this way, why are you now?”I sounded just like my mother.

“Avery, I've always liked you, I just didn't know how to say it or how you feel about Me.” he explained.

“My feelings for you haven't changed; I do like you Amery I just always thought you were too good for me.” I told him as I walked to the windows and looked outside. I could hear him get off the bed and I could feel him standing behind me. I never turned around but I could see his reflection in the window. He put his arms around my waist and pulled me close. I turned around and laid my head on his chest.

“I love you Avery.” he whispered to me.

“As I love you.” I replied as I closed my eyes.
It was quite outside so when we herd leaves move we both were at the front door fast enough to see someone passing by the front of the cabin. I took off like a bullet with Amery right behind me. I could see the figure of a young man. He was fast but I was a tad faster. I was about five feet away when I heard Amery call my name. I looked back and saw two other bodies dragging him away. I ran fast and caught up to them. One was a man and the other a women. I extended my leg out and drop kicked the women and she hit a rock and lay there. The man was furious; he let Amery go and came after me. I turned and scaled up a tree and flipped. I landed on the ground behind him, he turned just in time when my fist connected with his face and his head hit the tree and his body fell limp. I turned around to Amery laying on the ground looking at me. I walked over to him and he sat up.


“Where did you learn to do that?” he asked all wide eyed.

“That's why I was away for those four years. I went to a school and they taught me how to fight.” I looked away ashamed.

“Avery, don’t look like that you were...”

“Amazing.”
We both jumped up and saw a group of people helping up the two I knocked out. I stood in front of Amery in my stance that tells them I will fight.

“No need young blood.” said one of the taller women. She came forward hands raised to show she will place no harm.

“What do you want with us?” I demanded still in my stance.

“We just want to talk to you.” she tried to move closer but I tensed up and let out a low growl.

“You attacked us from behind.” I said through my teeth, I could feel Amery wrap his arm around my waist.

“I am very sorry for that...”

“Don't be sorry Staci! She knocked us out!” yelled one of the men behind her.

“Jessy she was only protecting her love.” she said as the man walked forward.

“That and my family's land.” I smiled because I could hear running in the woods and I knew it was my family.

“You have a family? This is going to be harder then I thought.” I knew the second part was not meant to me.

“Who cares, we had orders but right now I'm going to rip her apart for what she did to me and Sandy!” he only took two steps when my father ran into him and he flew into a tree on the other side of the little clearing.

“If you touch my daughter I will rip your head off and feed it to my pet.” the way my father said that made me shake.
Then my mother and aunts, uncles, and my grandparents came into the clearing. They placed themselves in front of me and Amery. My family stood there for what seemed like hours. They stared at us and we just stared back. My grandfather spoke first.

“Who are you and why have you come?” asked my grandfather.
Not a single person moved. Then the women named Staci stepped forward.

“We are here for the one that believes but does not know her own power.”
My mother looked at me and had questioning eyes. I answered her back with the same look. My grandfather stood up straight and the rest of us did the same thing.

“What are you talking about?” demanded my uncle.

“Emmett, calm down Bella's not going anywhere.” my grandfather looked at Staci when he said this. The one called Jessy laughed.

“We never came for Bella, we came for Avery!” he was still laughing. Everyone looked at me and my aunt Alice came to my side.

“Your not taking her.” she told them sternly.

“May we go someplace and talk about this? There are eyes and ears in every forest.” asked Staci. My father looked at me and my grandfather and looked back at them and nodded.

“But you stay away from my daughter.” he warned them but mainly looking at Jessy.
My father was one person you did not want mad. So we walked back home with Carlisle leading the way. Amery and my father were in the back with me. It was silent the whole way home. We went through the back door and everyone that stayed home stood up at our arrival.

“You said a family, not a boarding home.” said the women I recognized I knocked out. Amery and my father gave her dirty looks.

“This is my family, all fifteen of us.” I replied back to her with the look of hate. My grandfather led us into the gathering room and motioned for them to sit. All but Jessy sat down.

“Jessy, sit down now.” ordered Staci.

“Not until I know there not going to kill us.” he looked at all of us but landed on my father and gave a hard look. I took a step forward and laughed.

“Trust me when I say this.” I looked at all of them, “I could have killed you in the woods, but I didn’t because it would dishonor my family.” I smeared.
Jessy gave me a glare and moved so his face was right in front of mine. I could feel my family move forward but I put my hand out to stop them.

“Young blood, you may have the power to take me out, but you don’t have the spirit.” He said this with a smile.

“You have that wrong Jessy.”
We all looked at Staci.

“What do you mean by this?” my mother came forward to stand by me. As she did Jessy moved back and sat by Staci.

“You see, I have the ability to see important parts in history.”
We all looked at her because we understood but were also confused.

“How does that work? My aunt Alice can see the future, is it similar to that?” I asked.

“Well your aunt can see anything from the future; I can only see important facts from the past and the future.
We all looked at her like she was crazy.

“How is that even possible?” my grandfather asked.

“I’m not completely sure how it works, but my power has saved my kind for over seven thousand years.”

“Seven thousand?! You’re that old?”
We all looked back and saw Claire standing beside everyone who was left home.

“Yes young blood, I’m over seven thousand years old, but you see I was changed at the age of fifteen by my one true enemy.” She smiled when she said this.

“Staci, please start from the beginning.” My grandmother, Esme, asked.

“It was the day of my 15th birthday, we had a robber break into my house but he never took anything, we walked into the house and he attacked my parents, when he grabbed for me I turned and ran to Tyler’s house. When I got there he wasn’t there but the man was, he moved toward me and I tried to run again but he had his hand around my throat, I thought he would choke me till I turned blue. But then I felt a sharp pain in my neck. Then nothing, everything went black. When I woke up I was in Tyler’s room and he was standing there looking at me. He told me what I was now and that he was the same thing. Ever since that day my life was always different. Soon after I found out who changed me, Aro, I’ve been keeping tabs on him ever since then.”
We all had out mouths wide open because we knew Aro; he almost killed me and my family because of my older sister, Renesme.

“I take it you know Aro.”
We all looked at Jessy and he looked at us.

“yes, they know him, that’s how I was able to find you, my mind follows’ the same thing's Aro's does, plus I've been waiting years to find you Avery, you will lead us out of the darkness.”
Everyone looked at me and I started to sit down slowly not being able to handle all of this.

“Are you crazy?! She's just a child.” my mother yelled frantically.

“Yes I know but she is very powerful and will help is with our own kind.”
My grandfather came forward and sat next to me.

“What are you exactly?”

“We are what's left of the half breeds, werewolf and vampire.”
Everyone didn't move but stared at them. Then Carlisle got up and paced around the room mumbling to him-self.

“How can you be a vampire and a werewolf? And still live through the transformation?” my aunt Rosalie asked.

“Me, I was born as a werewolf and since I hadn't yet turned 17 I wasn't a full wolf. So my wolf blood and my vampire blood had time to react and combine so I became a half breed.”
Everyone was too shocked to speak so when my aunt Rosalie spoke again everyone jumped.

“Why do you need Avery if your powers have saved you every time before?”

“Ever since Aro has bit me I've been connected to his mind, that's how I found out about you guys, but the connection goes both ways. He finds us.” She pointed at herself and everyone behind her.

“Are you guys the only ones left of your kind?” asked my father.

“No, we have our own village in the state forest and there are very little of us to protect it.” She turned her eyes away at the last part.

“Why would you need Avery thought? She’s just a child of 15.” My mother said, as she moved to my side.

“She’s the only one with the power to lead us out of our problems and she can help us protect our kind better.”

Everyone looked at me and I could feel my chest start to tighten. This was to much for me to handle. Amery came to my and touched me and felt I was steaming hot.

“What the hell, she’s burning up all over, someone get ice! FAST!”
They all started moving around the house grabbing everything that was cold. The ice just melted right when it made contact with my skin. Then one of the half bloods came near me and felt my head.

“I know what to do; this is the same thing I went through.”
Than he picked me up ignoring my fathers look and carried me outside to the river. He walked half way and stood me up.

“Just stand here for about 5 minutes.”
As we stood there he held onto me in a bear hug and didn’t let go. I looked up into his navy blue eyes. He moved his eyes to mine and I looked away fast and blushed some. When I looked back at him he had a smile on his face. It was so cute that I had to giggle.

“Whets so funny?” he asked with glowing eyes.

“Your eyes, they remind me of the clearest water in the world.”
When I said this he smiled a wide and very sexy smile.

“I’m very glad you like my eyes, you’ll be seeing them very much this summer.”
And with that he bent down, picked me up and carried me back to the bank. He set me next to my mother who placed her hand on my head.

“She’s just fine.” She looked at the half blood, “who must I thank?”

“My name is Jaylin-Taylor ma’am.” He put his hand out but my father took it before my mother could and shook it.

“I’m the father, and I thank you for helping my daughter.”

“Anytime sir.” Then he walked away and stood by Staci.

“Darling what was that all about? Has it happened before?” my mother looked scared.

“Yes, it’s happened at school a couple times but never that bad. And I don’t know what it means.”

“If I may?”
We turned around to see jaylin standing there.
“Yes, you may speak.”

“What you’re going through Avery is power, the power of fire.”
We all saw a glow at his hands as they went up into flames.

“That’s how I knew what to do with you.”
I went up to him and touched his arm and moved fast because the flame went out and he froze in place.

“She’s the one Staci I can feel it when she uses her powers.”
We all looked behind jaylin and saw sandy looking at me intently.

“I k now sandy, give it time she’s a child.”
My father moved to Staci and looked mad.

“Whatever you have to say about my daughter you can say it to all of us or you can get out of forks and never come back.”

Jessy moved fast and attacked my father. Then everyone ran into the fight. All but me and jaylin, but what I saw was shocking. Jaylin was in a protective stance in front of me.


“Avery, concentrate on the water in the river, make it move how you want it to.”
I did as he told me. It was just a couple seconds before there was a water tornado in the river. Everyone stopped and looked at it than me. I looked at Jaylin and saw his eyes had pride and satisfaction. I lost control of the tornado and all the water fell. All around me I heard people whispering about what just happened. My mother came near me but backed away and started to cry. I went up to her but she acted as if I was a complete stranger to her. I could feel tears come to my eyes so I turned and ran into the house, to my room. Not long after my grandfather came in and sat next to me on the bed.

“I don’t belong here anymore so I’m packing my stuff and leaving with jaylin and Staci.” As I got up he grabbed my arm.

“Young lady, don’t say you don’t belong here ever again this may be the only place you belong at.”

“Did you not see the way my own mother looked at me?”
“Your mother is scared; you and your sisters are all she has left of her side of the family.”
I could feel tears come down my cheek and he used his thumb to wipe them away.

“Do you still want to go with Staci?’

“You were out there, you saw the power I can do, and I want to help these people.”

“I saw honey, we all did.”

“Grandpa, can we all go?”

“Staci’s not leaving for a couple days. Well discus it in those day’s okay?”

“Alright.”
Then we heard a knock at the door and Jaylin walked in. grandpa left and Jaylin took his spot on the bed. He looked at me and I saw guilt in his eyes.

“Hey, what’s the matter? You don’t need to feel guilty for anything.”
He tried to smile but I knew he was having trouble with it. I took his face into my hands and kissed his cheeks. I looked into his eyes and than kissed his lips. They were warm and very soft. When they moved over mine I melted like butter. I pulled away fast and stood up.

“What’s the matter? Did I do something wrong?”
I turned and put my face on his chest.

“No it’s me. I like you so much even though I just met you, but I already know I don’t want to lose you.”
He wrapped me into a tight embrace, and dragged me onto my bed. I climbed into his lap and rested my head on his shoulder.

“Avery we will have as much time as the waters still in the ocean to be together.
I looked into his eyes and thought he was a figure of my imagination. Than Amery came into my mind.

“Oh no, what am I going to do about Amery? I can’t hurt him this way.”
Then my door opened and Amery stood there with tears in his eyes.

“When.”

“Amery, I’m so sorry I didn’t want this to happen.”
He came to me and put a hand up to silence me.

“Just tell me when you felt this way about him.

“This first time I saw him. It just hit me like a horse.”

“jaylin.” He said sternly.
Jaylin stood p and put an arm around me and I could see Amery flinch.

“I just want to know you’ll treat her with respect.”

“I will.”
Then Amery turned around and left. I turned to my window and looked outside. I could feel jaylin looking at me so I didn’t jump when I felt his arms around me holding me close. I turned around and looked into his eyes. Than I stood on my tiptoes and wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him sweetly. When our lips met it felt like magic and he drug me to my bed. We kept the kiss going for a long time. Than he stopped kissing me and I looked up and saw he was staring at me.

“Do you want this?”
I jerked up almost hitting jaylin in the head.

“What’s the matter?”

“I just heard something go through my head but I didn’t do anything. It was like someone had been talking to me.”
All he did was smile

“What you hear was me, I sent you what I wanted to say but I didn’t say it out loud.”

“Can you do that with everyone?”

“No, jut you.”

“Why only me?”

“I can only talk with my true mate with the mind, and only she can answer back the same way.”

“You mean to tell me I’m your mate and your mine?”

“If you can talk back to me with your mind yes.”
I looked at him like he was crazy. But still I tried.

“How is any of this possible?”

“Because you the one for me.”
I looked at jaylin and saw he was smiling wide. Than his lips were on mine.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.