The Greatest Teacher Ever | Teen Ink

The Greatest Teacher Ever

By Nathanial Patlovich BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
Nathanial Patlovich BRONZE, Boise, Idaho

Have you met Mr. Hoetker? If you haven't, you are missing out! I've learned more in one semester of this class than six previous years of teaching. He has brown hair, blue eyes, and tan skin. Plus, this English class is fun; the teacher doesn't talk in monotone all the time.

First of all, he knows a lot about different terms, like a stanza or a bibliography. He reaches every one in the class with his crazy terms and the way he presents his stories. Some people haven't heard of the four types of sentences. In just 15 minutes, they will know the four sentences and their meanings. If you're on his good side, class will be fun and enjoyable; be on his bad side and the consequences will be dire.

Next, he is really fun to be around. He talks about interesting things and not just English terms. His social status is really high. Almost every one in the school knows his name. He likes to talk and have fun and joke around. He wants children to enjoy school, not think is a death trap.

Lastly, he is not strict all of the time. He will be when he needs to be, but that isn't very often because he he's usually in a good mood. The only normal time he ever really is angry is when he loses his work on the computer. Every month, he lets his classes chose where they want to sit. A strict teacher is never a good one.
These are only some of the things that describe the 'best teacher ever.' I'm confident that Mr. Hoetker will win the 'Educator of the Year' award and I hope he does, because he deserves something for all he has done for his classes and his family. I am sure this decision is not easy, but this guy ought to top it off.