Life Is Strange | Teen Ink

Life Is Strange MAG

September 25, 2016
By HafsaAhmed PLATINUM, Karachi, Other
HafsaAhmed PLATINUM, Karachi, Other
22 articles 2 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
I don't believe in angry arguments , I believe in silent revenge.

Revenge doesn't merely means hurting others, it sometimes mean being a better person than you were yesterday.


Have you ever played a game so close to your heart that by the time it ends, you feel you’ve lost a part of yourself? Developed by Dontnod entertainment, published by Square Enix, “Life Is Strange” is an episodic graphic adventure game built for Microsoft Windows, Linux, PS3, PS4, Xbox one, Xbox 360, and other platforms. This game is heavily based on choices and their consequences, forcing you to make tough decisions.

The main protagonist is photography student Max Caufield, who mysteriously discovers her powerful ability to rewind time, enacting Butterfly Effect. This five-episode game intelligently attracts more players by blending breathtaking suspense and mystery with teenage drama and college life. The game allows you to experience Max’s life in all ways, each exposing a new genre of the game. You may face tasks like returning a flash drive to a friend, visiting the girls’ shower room, proving yourself in science lab, digging up the truth behind people’s actions, and unearthing a mystery hidden for too long.

The graphics are beautiful, hand-drawn works of art. You can examine objects or explore locations set in this fictitious, picturesque seaside town in Oregon. You can also exchange dialogue with people – perhaps strangers awaiting a bus or merrily drinking coffee in the diner – or talk with your classmates in the school hallways. Choices like these alter and affect the story.

What really makes “Life Is Strange” outstanding is that somewhere between fiction and unrealistic phenomenon, you’re dunked in the ocean of real world, catching a glimpse of realities that you’ve always questioned in your life, and returned to the game where they all make sense for the very first time. The cinematic feel of the game spellbinds the players, releasing adrenaline in their body.

Because of its blood-pumping game play and powerful story, “Life Is Strange” has won many awards, including BAFTA Games Award for Best Story, the Peabody-Facebook Futures of Media Award, and the Game Awards’ Games for Impact Award.

By the time you’re done, you’ll likely be completely infatuated with the main characters and the game itself. It wraps up perfectly with a beautiful soundtrack tugging at your heart-strings. I guarantee you’ll crave more miracles like “Life Is Strange.”