1001° Centigrades by Magma | Teen Ink

1001° Centigrades by Magma

April 26, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


You have met bands from foreign counties, that speak a different language other than English. But do you know any bands with their own language? No? Well, meet Magma, a French progressive rock group who invented a language called Kobaian to tell a ten album story of Kobaian aliens and their destruction on the world. It makes sense now why they used a made up language.
This album is their second album and follows a similar structure to Yes`s Close To The Edge where it's three tracks, the first being an epic and then the length declines from there. Though this a bit longer and has more of a Gentle Giant or Van Der Graaf Generator vibe to it. There is some chaos along the way and some more melodic parts, especially towards the end, plus, the language being presented. I first came across this band thanks to Canadian channel, This Exists where Sam Sutherland talks about all of music`s made up languages. If only this was Frances official language, I almost want to learn it. Other than the fact that I can't understand anything they're saying, I love this album. The creativity is everywhere, from the music, to the story to the language its self.
I give this a 9.5/10. I am the Grim Reaper, Signing off.