Mirage by Camel | Teen Ink

Mirage by Camel

April 16, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


The only band that comes close to Pink Floyd style. Camel is a band much like everyone except Rush, comes from the UK and was in the classic prog rock era of the 70s. Mirage is one of their most popular albums of all time, if not, the one. Mirage also brings something interesting to the table as well, using more instrumental sessions and creating a more desert atmosphere that no one else could pull off.
7 tracks are what it take for this album and most range in the five/six minute range but one is about nine minutes and the last track, Lady Fantasy, is 28 minutes long making for one heck of an epic. You may notice the high level of repeating segments and riffs in this album as well, especially in Lady Fantasy, but that just adds to the atmosphere but that much more. I don't see that issue if you have it. If you like reading, especially the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan, you will love this as a backdrop for your reading so try it out sometime. But if you don't just listen to it and all its glory, and there's alot if glory in this album.
I have to firmly give this a clean 8.5/10. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.


The author's comments:

More Progressive rock appreciation time will be going on for a while.