Just Stand Up to Greatness | Teen Ink

Just Stand Up to Greatness

Music is a key part of our everyday life. We hear it when we walk down the street, going up the stairs, walking through the door, while studying. It is something that brings words in harmony that make life all the more exciting. A song can hold any emotion; a chorus can hold any tune. But it is the words, the poem mended into the music, that truly make its story. Because of this, it is essential for a musician to think about his audience before making the notes. Songs are something we love to sing along to, refer to, and claim as the tune of the day. Music is what makes a day more thrilling, hold more meaning, and shed light on the ones who can hear it.

Knowing the importance of sound, many well praised artists have decided to write and perform a song that stands for something that deserves to be heard, to be saved from; cancer. For many years people have volunteered to help fight for this cause, to raise enough money for finding the cure. These artists are women, powerful and determined women, who know that breast cancer has been sweeping the female nation. They know of the heartache that it has caused, and chose to make a voice for the people.

These wonderful artists are Mariah, Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Rihanna, Fergie, Sheryl Crow, Melissa Etheridge, Natasha Bedingfield, Miley Cyrus, Leona Lewis, Carrie Underwood, Keyshia Cole, Leann Rimes, Ashanti, and Ciara. A group that understands what they are singing for, that decided to make this happen. They produced a symphony of sound that was so inspiring and original; you would want to pass it along to others. These women’s voices sound even stronger combined in song. It is a terrific track that will be popular for a very long time. Each verse holds a meaning; each note represents a heart it reaches out to. They soulfully produced this song to raise money for cancer.

As they say in the chorus “ If the mind keeps thinking you’ve had enough, but the heart keeps telling you don’t give up. Who are we to be questioning, wondering what is what? Don’t give up. Through it all, just stand up”.

They are speaking out to us, in song, to Just Stand Up to Cancer.

Jazzy_Wazzy said...
I really agree with you they are all wonderful singers,adn this song really showed people faith!!!!

And how to survive when there's nothing left:)