Fight Club | Teen Ink

Fight Club

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Fight Club is a movie revolving around a depressed man that suffers from insomnia. In an attempt to help himself sleep, he goes to group therapy sessions for diseases that he doesn't possess. That buys him a slight bit of happiness, but that ends abruptly too. The depressed man then goes back to his boring life, but a spark is lit when he meets an interesting soap salesman named Tyler Durton. After the narrator's house is burned down, he asks Tyler if he can stay with him. The two guys then decide to take their hidden anger out by fighting each other. Other guys soon like the idea of fighting their problems away, and, thus, an underground fight club with very strict rules is born. However, Tyler's relationship with the narrator starts to go sour when Durton starts hiding things. 

This movie truly is one of a kind, and there aren't many movies out there like this one. There are plenty of twists and turns that no one will see coming, and that's not even including the brilliant revelation. The movie elucidates a fair amount of themes that the everyday person can relate to; in the movie, most of the characters are poor, depressed, working people that feel like emotionless drones that only live to be miserable. 

Both Edward Norton and Brad Pitt have spectacular performances, and their on-screen chemistry is really good. The ending of the movie is incredible and is a fitting end for the wild ride. Fight Club also possesses many symbols that help to shape the outcome of the film. Even though the movie is well done, some people might need to watch it twice, in order to truly understand what's going on and what's happening. Fight Club is an excellent movie that should receive more recognition for being one of the coolest movies of all time. 

Fight Club is an excellent movie that should receive more recognition for being one of the coolest movies of all time.