The Spy Who Dumped Me | Teen Ink

The Spy Who Dumped Me

August 9, 2018
By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
678 articles 0 photos 8 comments

 The Spy Who Dumped Me is an exciting, entertaining movie that stars two females as the protagonists, which is a nice twist. The movie tells the tale of two girls named Audrey and Morgan, and they are close best friends. It all starts with the day after Audrey's 30th birthday, and she gets informed by a group of CIA agents that her ex-boyfriend was a spy for the United States, and they need to be informed on where he is and where he's going. She then gets released from the spies and goes to her best friend's house to tell her about the new information she gained. 
 The duo is then soon forced into a difficult decision that forces Audrey to shoot and kill another man after she watches her boyfriend die. As the boyfriend dies, he tells her to bring a trophy of his to Vienna, and if she doesn't, a lot of people will die. She ends up freaking out and goes on the run with Morgan and the trophy. Together, the best friends hop aboard a flight and head towards Europe. 
 While in Europe, they have to deal with betrayal, terrorists, people trying to kill them, and twists and turns at every corner. The duo doesn't know who they can trust, and this puts them in difficult decisions left and right. Audrey and Morgan must become spies and deliver the trophy-a task that neither of them have experience in. As their journey continues to loom on, things continue to increase in difficulty, and Audrey and Morgan must complete the impossible or the consequences will be drear. 
 Although the movie received harsh reviews from some of the biggest reviewers, and the movie isn't going to win any awards, The Spy Who Dumped Me is a fun movie that is full of adventure. The movie is hilarious and truly is an enjoyable movie. The movie is also part mystery/thriller, which also continues to make the movie more entertaining than most spy movies. As enjoyable as the movie is, part of the plot has some holes in it, but, overall, the movie is an absolute must see because of their great cast that live up to expectations. The acting duo of Mila Kunis and Kate McKinnon is one for the ages and helps to make this movie exciting. Without them carrying this film, this movie would probably not be worth watching at all. But likely for The Spy Who Dumped Me, they have a great acting duo that compliment each other throughout the entire movie and help to lead the movie into becoming a feminist spy production that will lead a charge of female-led spy movies. 


The author's comments:

Although the movie isn't going to win any awards, The Spy Who Dumped Me is an exciting, action-packed movie that is an absolute must see.