San Andreas | Teen Ink

San Andreas

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

San Andreas is a disaster movie about a fictional earthquake that is beyond all words. It was a typical day in California, but when the San Andreas fault in California creates a devastating earthquake, all hell breaks loose. The earthquake is categorized as a magnitude of 9 and is truly deadly and devastating. During the natural disaster, Ray Gaines, played by Dwayne Johnson, who happens to be a search-and-rescue helicopter pilot, must save his estranged wife and his daughter to safety, and he is willing to do so, no matter the consequences.

This movie has great visual effects, suspense, decent acting, and is incredible to watch. Although the story isn't that phenomenal or that interesting, the idea of the movie within itself is the thing that elevates this movie to the next level. Granted, this film is not one of the greatest movies to ever come out or an award-winning film, but this movie is cool, unique, and spectacular to watch. This movie is one of the best natural disaster movies out there, filled with fantastic scenes.