Silence by Natasha Preston | Teen Ink

Silence by Natasha Preston

By ElizabethGbookreview BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan
ElizabethGbookreview BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan

The novel Silence by Natasha Preston is a fictional young adult/romance. In this book the theme is about how strong someone can be and also how hurt they could be, but the truth is always the best when it comes to people who love you.

Oakley has one best friend at high school, Cole. They’ve been friends since they were little. Oakley is what some people call a “mute”; she has been silent for eleven years. At only five years old, she stopped talking and nobody knows why. Oakley gives little hints in the book about why she stops talking until the truth finally comes out. Oakley and Cole’s connection grows fairly fast in the beginning and only gets stronger. They develop this never ending love for each other that is unbreakable.

Natasha Preston did an astonishing job writing this book. She keeps you hooked and entertained, she goes into good detail when needed, and also makes you feel like you’re in the book and love the characters. The book makes you wonder and realize your thought on other people because you never know what is going on in their lives. Cole and Oakley’s connection makes you want that too and someone could be so silent but the relationship so strong. In this book, it repeatedly stresses to the reader how Oakley has anxiety, stress and fear all sticks inside her but will never dare to speak only to protect the ones she loved.