The Kite Runner by Jacob Olson | Teen Ink

The Kite Runner by Jacob Olson

November 20, 2014
By JOlson4748 BRONZE, Indionapolis, Indiana
JOlson4748 BRONZE, Indionapolis, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini                                                                                                          Published by Riverhead Books, 2003, 401pages                                                                                                              genre of book: fiction.
The story of Amir Story starts off in in California as he Looks around in he remembers the past, where he lived in Afghanistan, and longtime best friend Hassan. Amir called Hassan the kite runner, and as a child he was always causing mischief for their neighbors.
The story has outrageous parts but for the rest of the time it’s invigorating at times and I just loved the amount of time it takes to get to the real good stuff. The characters are in the story are one of the things I loved about the book they have a real meaning to each of them, but  there are some parts that I think are just over the top. Like the detail that the provided when the blood starts to fly and the rocks pierces the faces of the hit by Hassan’s sling shot.  The story has slow parts at the start I will pick up pace when you get 4-5 chapters in to the book, and yet he still makes the start one of the most detailed parts in the book. Once you start one of Khaled book you can’t put them down, and he did so many things that I liked started to like reading again. I also like how much he knows about Afghanistan because he lived they for some of young life.
The author did very well at explaining what Amir went through. The only time that I would say that the author didn’t do best job he could for duration at the end at some parts because he stated to leave out the details that I liked in Knaled Hosseini’s books. The fact that I like to read Khaled Hosseini books also surprised me because I use to hate reading before I started The Kite Runner. I would also say that the book does have the time when it starts to go over the top, and the book does have some sexual parts to the book. I would recommend this book for young adults because of that single reason. I don’t understand why some people don’t like fiction because The Kite Runner will make you like fiction books.
I also like the book for what the author made it all to be. All of the suspense waiting for the best conclusion tie-in ever that I’ve read, and I just hoped that he would have went on. I just like the way that he puts it all down and it’s like I had to reread some of the sentences to get everything out of it. I also like how he doesn’t give any of the juiciest detail tell the last 2 sentences.
 


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.