A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer | Teen Ink

A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer

A Child Called “It”/ Dave Pelzer
Health communications, Inc. 1995, 180pp
Autobiography

If you were in Dave Pelzer’s shoes, you would have to go through all of the horrible things his mother did to you. She played horrible games and f you didn’t do what she told you to do, you would have severe consequences. Dave had a horrible childhood.

Before Dave got abused, his mom was nice to him. He used to sleep in a room instead of a garage and used to eat food instead of crumbs and vomit. After the abuse began, Dave’s mom cursed at him for no reason at all. Dave and his brothers had to find anything their mom lost, even if it took a week to find it. When Dave forgot what he was supposed to look for, he got smacked.

The only time Dave wouldn’t get abused was when his dad was home, and that wasn’t often because he was a firefighter. When Dave went to school, he had to go to the nurse every day. The reason why he would have to go to the nurse was because his mom would beat him, and the nurse recorded his bruises. One time, Dave’s mom hit him in the head, and she told Dave to tell the nurse that he ran into the door. Dave soon outsmarted his mom when she punished him. “I held the ammonia in my mouth until mother went up the stairs.” Then he spit it out when Dave dad was away, Dave got abused more.

This book was written in first person narrative and A Child Called “It” is a true story. This book is recommended for people who like true stories and who like to learn about people life.  Also you should try and read The Lost Boy by: Dave Pelzer. Would you out smart your mom if she abused you?