I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore | Teen Ink

I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

By Tai Atkins BRONZE, Keeau, Hawaii
Tai Atkins BRONZE, Keeau, Hawaii

The title of this book is I am Number Four. The author of the book is Pittacus Lore. The genre is action, adventure, sci-fi, and thriller. The setting is in Florida, Paradise, Ohio, Paradise High School, Park, Sam’s House, Sarah’s House, and John’s House. The main characters are John Smith (Number Four), Sam Goode, Sarah Hart, Herni Smith (John’s Keeper/Dad), Mark James, Bernie Kosar (John’s Dog).

The Story starts off with John Smith at a beach party in Florida. He is swimming with a lady friend when his leg starts lighting up, burning as if on fire. He then learns that Number Three has been killed. He quickly exits the water. As he runs everyone if curious of what is happening. The next day Herni his keeper finds him asleep on shore. Herni drives him home and packs up to leave Florida. Before they leave, Herni deletes any identifications of John’s. After that they leave for Paradise, Ohio; they meet up with Mrs. Hart an Estate Agent. They moved into a two-story house, an old home. John tells Herni, “Looks like Paradise”. The next day John heads to school. He is told to stay low. When he gets to the office he sees a pretty girl in the principal’s office. When he gets his schedule the girl in the office is told to show him where his locker and classes are. The girls name is Sarah Hart. Then he meets Mark James the quarterback for football. When they walk away they tease a boy and call him Alien Freak. The boy’s name is Sam Goode. John goes to his first class Astronomy. In class they’re watching a movie on Saturn. In the mitts of it, his hands start burning and lighting up. He tries to text Herni to get him and he runs out of class and into a janitor’s closet. Now he’s freaking out at what’s happening. Minutes later Herni enters and tells him it’s his first legacy. They walk out of school and head home. After their discovery they train for weeks. Then the Mogadorians attacked.
I feel that it really grabs the reader. It adds the conflicts of a normal High School student and an Alien being hunted. If you’re looking for a book I highly recommend this book. It holds action, drama, romance, and adventure and who doesn’t like superpowers.