The Red Pony by John Steinbeck | Teen Ink

The Red Pony by John Steinbeck

November 22, 2013
By Anonymous

My Book Review
Book title and author: The Red Pony, John Steinbeck
Title of review: So Many Changes
Number of stars (1 to 5): 3


Introduction
The Red Pony was the most emotional story I have ever read in my life. The little boy Jody, had to grow up and be a man at a young age. The story was very intense in many ways. Although I didn’t like the story for one reason the plot changed so many times. They never supported one topic for a long period of time.
Description and summary of content
The story was a coming of age story. He had to grow up at a young age. He had trust issues after he felt that Billy Buck let his horse die. Billy promised to put the horse in if It rained. He though it wouldn’t rain so he left. While Jody was at school it started to rain and he left and went home to put his horse in. He wiped it and put blankets on it. After a while it died of Strangles. Then a man named Gitano came back to where he was born (the adobe in the back) to die in peace. He took the old horse and rode off into the woods. Never to be seen again. In the next story the family gets a late letter informing them that there father in law is coming to town.
Evaluation
It was an alright story I didn’t like how the plot changed so much in every story. Jody was a different age in every story. He always got something new every story. Someone or something died or nearly died in every story. We met someone new in every story also.
Conclusion
Even though it was an emotional story and I didn’t like as much as I though I would. John Steinbeck is still an extraordinary writer. He changes plots too many times but I guess he was trying to keep the story interesting for the reader.


The author's comments:
It was a GREAT! Book

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.