Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

July 20, 2012
By CarleeRobin12 GOLD, Pitsburg, Ohio
CarleeRobin12 GOLD, Pitsburg, Ohio
12 articles 4 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
I love you has 8 letters but so does bullsh*t.....


I always wondered why I picked up the book in the first place. What was I fascinated with? The cover was plain and vague? It didn't hint on what the book was even about? I trusted my friends word. The Hunger Games took showed me a different world; a world of pain and sorrow, but also a world of love and success. This series has brought me a whole knew perspective on life; visualizing people in that much pain made me realize that my family and I have it easy. I am basically considered poor; I live with my sister and my dad. We have some expensive things but we have problems with money. But I can't even imagine how Katniss and Peeta "feel." They had to kill to survive, they had to betray God's will to survive. They had to betray themselves just to make it out of that horrific arena. But on the path to success and freedom they became the Capital's most loved "Romeo and Juliet" they were willing to kill themselves to stay together. But their road to freedom ended quickly they met life risking difficulties through out their so-called freedom. In the end many people died and many people lost hope in living. The Capital was in chaos and there was nothing to do about it. Peeta and Katniss were together again but at horrible costs. I love this series and I was glad to find out it was coming out in a motion picture. I was astounding with how good the first Hunger Games was, so now I am waiting to see how Catching Fire and Mocking Jay will change my perspective even more.


The author's comments:
Best books I have ever read