Of Mice And Men | Teen Ink

Of Mice And Men

Of Mice And Men, John Steinbeck
I was in Powell's Books the other day, looking for a book my sister had been raving about ever since she read it. She said it was the classic “Of Mice And Men”. I had never before read a classic before. I thought that all of them would be boring. But obviously i was very wrong. I had seen many reviews on it before, so i read the first few pages. All the fist two pages was description about a setting. For me, if the first few pages aren't exiting, i usually put a book down. But my sister made me read past the first pages and it started to grow on me.

Of Mice And Men is a tragic story about two friends named Lennie and George. At the beginning they go off to find a job. They are both strong workers. So naturally, they get picked for the job. They live in a bunk house with lots of other people. Lennie loves to pet soft things, and he never does anything unless George tells him that he can. They want to move to the country and raise rabbits, and make a living off their crops. It's a story of friendship and love, hurt and tragedy. You will be gripping the edges of your seat all through out it. Its a thrilling ride through the friends lives, so hop on. I recommend it for sure!