i'm just trying to breathe | Teen Ink

i'm just trying to breathe

By EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

see the shudder
that passes
and exhales
out of this pile of broken bones?
i'm just trying to breathe,
as the wind
that flies by
inside my heart,
stirs the dust and ashes.

choking,
as it settles
in my throat,
while you slash
my tears
and make them fall
and crash
into a million pieces;
as i'm just trying to breathe.

I wrote this on September 27, 2014. So, haha. This is a new recent poem. I was inspired by a singer called SayWeCanFly and his song, "Heaven is Hell." I know it's a weird title or song, but I was inspired by him and his song. I hope ya'll enjoy it, and thank you all for taking the time to read it. I also, hope my poem that my is okay. Haha, I know it's rather different, but I believe that we should all try to really breathe. If that makes any sense, haha. Thank you, ya'll again. ^_^

Thank you so much, meg! :) I'm so glad that you love it and that you enjoyed it. Thank you so much, again. :)

megthepoet ELITE, Winnipeg, Manitoba

"We know what we are, but not what we may be" - Shakespeare

Love this poem so muchhh!!! 

Aw, thank you, Liv.Haris. :) Haha, I was writing this as I was trying to breathe. I'm glad that my poem, can speka to a lot of people. Haha, I've noticed that everyone's trying to breathe. I'm so glad that you, especially love those lines. :) Also, I won't stop writing; I promise. ;) Haha, I don't think I can, since almost everyone keeps telling me to never stop writing. ;) Thank you again, my friend. :)

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

SOOOOO powerful! We all feel like it's hard to breathe once in a while, so this poem can speak to pretty much every human being on Earth ;) This entire poem is so so so so beautiful! I especially love the lines "see the shudder
that passes
and exhales
out of this pile of broken bones?" and "while you slash
my tears
and make them fall
and crash
into a million pieces" They are just so poetic and beautiful!!!! NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER STOP WRITING! EVER!

Princess.Renda GOLD, Travelers Rest, South Carolina

"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust." --J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Lol well if you make one, or find your old account find me :) My user name is: Princess Renda

I might. :/ I can't remember. But I can make one. I actually, might make one if I don't have one. Haha. :) 

Welcome, love :) Oh and one more thing, do you have an account on goodreads?

Thank you so much, Hanban12. :) Haha, I just really believe that we are all trying to breathe, one way or another, if that makes sense. Thank you so much, again. :)

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

I love this whole concept; we really all are just trying to breathe. You've executed everything perfectly. I couldn't have wrote it better myself :) 

Renda, it's totally fine. :) Haha, I don't mind nicknames. :) Haha, SayWeCanFly is a awesome singer; I hope you enjoy his singing. Thank you so much, Renda. I will. ;) :) Thank you again. 

EmmyD I loooove the metaphore!! The poem is so beautiful. I love, love, loove reading your work! I've never heard of the singer SayWeCanFly, I'm gonna look him up though! :) Keep writin, love ;)
Oh and if you dont't like the EmmyD nickname just let me know, I know some people don't like some nicknames lol, so just let me know :)