Música | Teen Ink

Música

By Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York
Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Leave me on a dirt road
Straddled by a highway
I will jut my thumb to the sky
In an act of defiance

Lets hope another car stops
With room in their trunk for my suitcase
And a backseat big enough for my sorrow
So you don't have to turn back

And as each car passes
La música streaming from their radios
And their lungs
I know soon your música will come back for me

But right when i hear your sickly sweat sound
My thumb is met with another
And someone pulls me in with a trunk and backseat and an open heart
So i didn't need you after all

And now i can listen to my own música

Reading Mckay's amazing spanish poetry inspired me to write something that at least has some heritage in it. Please tell me what you think :)))) <3

Thanks and yeah I haven't been on in a looooooooooooooooooong time I kinda just forgot about it. But now I'm bakc and I will start writing for TI and I'm writing slam poetry which is awesome!!! Thanks for still reading my work!!!

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

hahahhaa, the act of defiance was what made this as awesome as it is. Keep writing liv. And I sure hope the writer's block goes away soon. I think you haven't read my replies cause I told you a lot of stuff on them. It really sucks to be in writer's block especially when we know that your capacities are as amazing as this. Beautiful poem. :)))

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Ughhhhhh, this is AMAZING. And I'm sooo glad it's one of those poems with a happy ending. Great metaphor on relationships, I love it (:

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

I love your "act of defiance." A thumb of protest XD I think you meant to say "sickly sweet sound," but it doesn't matter because this poem is so SASSY and I-DON'T-NEED-YOU-TO-LIVE-MY-LIFE and just awesome. The Spanish in here is so well placed makes that last line have a certain kick to the rear. AWESOME WORK. <3

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

Amazing! love how u mended heritage and poetry. The whole concept is great and theres nothing to change. Brilliant work!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

I'm so happy to have inspired you to demonstrate your inner Latina. This is so beautiful. I love the title. This poem for whatever reason reminds me of On the Road, which I love. I'd love to see more of your Spanish poetry. By the way, at your persuasion, I read more Neruda. And even wrote another Spanish poem this 4th of July inspired by his poetry. Wonderful work here. 

dbk1098 PLATINUM, Rockville, Maryland
This is great! Love the subdle way you incorperate heritage into the poem