Odysseus & Calypso | Teen Ink

Odysseus & Calypso

By RandomPoet SILVER, Apopka, Florida
RandomPoet SILVER, Apopka, Florida

"Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get"Forrest Gump
"Never say goodbye, because goodbye means going away and going away means for getting"Peterpan

You take my breath away a handsome devil you are. I get chills at your touch. Oh Odysseus how I love you so why do you sit and mope at the sea below? My dear Calypso, I mope around so for I am sad yearning to be home. Ithaca is my place to be. I have a family who needs me. For your beauty may be greater than hers. But my wife and our love will never fail so ... so long and farewell. Odysseus you must leave me so. I do not understand. Oh Odysseus do not leave I gave you a home, food, water, love and comfort when no one else would not. I will miss you Odysseus my love. I shall remember these years we have spent together. The precious love we have made. Odysseus it was you I chose and that choice which I’ll say, leave now return home, to your land, to the maids, to her your wife Penelope. For you'll grow old with age, but I can make him immortal if you stay. Odysseus you take my breath away I get chills at your touch. Oh Odysseus how I love you so, why do you sit and mope at the sea below?

i wrote this when i was learning about odysseus in class

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

I love the repetition and the imagery great job!!

LinkinPark12 PLATINUM, Lincolnshire, Other

Work like you don’t need money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one's watching. ¦ I like change - but only when everything stays the same.

I've never learnt about Odysseus and Calypso (but they're Greek Gods, right?)  at school but you gave me a detailed picture of what the situation was :) I'm not sure if this is a poem (because of the layout) but it was really good :D