My Life is a Play | Teen Ink

My Life is a Play

By freeyourmind PLATINUM, Princeton, Illinois
freeyourmind PLATINUM, Princeton, Illinois

You can never truly appreciate what's good in life until you have experienced what's bad.

My life feels like a play
Written by someone insane
Someone in love with pain
Who’s in the fame of shame

Everyday is made out to fail
Push me backwards
Away from the light
Suck my self esteem away
And make me give up the fight

Burn me to a crisp
Blow my ashes away with a wisp
Of air that takes me far
From the place I never want to see again

kkk212 said...
They did wish to be removed from their circumstances, but the poem doesn't indicate this has actually happened or is going to.

triviality said...
Clearly the person is wishing to be taken away... but the poem in no way indicates that happened, so no, it's not a happy ending.

Pitiful_Anonymous PLATINUM, New Cumberland, West Virginia

"and all you f***ers go beep beep beep in cheap,plastic cars. If It's to dumb to see or say you'll still sing it, and I'll just cue the applause" - Marilyn Manson

Again... i simply adore you, and your work. however, i have one proble with this... if you dont feel the need you dont have to explain.. but it might help me out if you did.

In the last paragraph, the lines "Blow my ashes away with a wisp/ OF air that takes me far/ From the place i never want to see again."

The lines, most particularly the last one, seems to contradict itself by saying the wisp is taking you from the place you never want to see again.  If this was the case, wouldn't you be happy with the way your life is going as opposed to not lking/complaining about it?

Other than that, it's AMAZING ;)