Jerk | Teen Ink

Jerk MAG

By Christina BRONZE, Clifton, Virginia
Christina BRONZE, Clifton, Virginia

I love your voice,
your soft brown hair.
I love your eyes
and love your stare.

I love your laugh,
your cocky smirk,
your stupid jokes.
You precious jerk,

you know I do.
I want my hands
all through your hair
each treasured strand.

I’m wrapped around
your finger still.
Am I yet yours?
Your love does kill

the things I hold
so close to me
and yet you’re the
best jerk I see.

r_dharrr SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

"There's nothing more beautiful than authenticity. There's nothing uglier than transparency. Your imperfections make you perfect."
-Demi Lovato

Lovelovelove it.

liliazia PLATINUM, X, Connecticut

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that’s all."
-Oscar Wilde

I think....for the people who don't like it, just don't understand it. It's a good poem, but for some people it has no meaning. But maybe this girl has a deep meaning behind, which some people saw. And if you want to get published, go to the writers forum and ask for lots of votes on your work.

NickieWickie BRONZE, Taoyuan, Other
I agree also. I know many girls feel the same way so the poem seems relatable and mutual, but I don't really see why I deserves this much attention.

Mkath SILVER said...
Mkath SILVER, Duluth, Minnesota

"Anyone Who thinks that Sunshine is Pure Happiness has Obviously Never Danced in the Rain"

I Know! I feel the same way! and then you also see those top rated poems on the first page of the website that are like 2 lines long and aren't really that deep at all  when there are so many other peoms that are longer and flow better and obviously had someones heart and soul poured into it and they barly get any attention at all!

Shade3043 DIAMOND, Shade3043 Did This, In Case Of Anonymous, Other

When I was a boy, I would always hear scary things in the news and my mother would say to me, "Always look for the helpers. Everywhere you look you will always find people helping." - Fred Rogers

Really? THIS has that any comments? THIS was published in the magazine? I mean, it's a good poem, but aside from the jerk part, there is just nothing special about this poem. So....please remind me how people see THIS as one of the best poems on the site, deserving such attention?

Alabian GOLD said...
Alabian GOLD, Limbo, Other

"If you can fly, don't stop at the sky cause there are footprints on the moon" - Owl City

This is such a sweet poem! The whole idea of her loving someone so much and then referring to him as a "jerk" is so perfect! 5/5!

TheMaskedPoet SILVER, Temple, Georgia

"I wish I could be a little less dramatic, like a Kennedy when Camelot went down in Flames." -Miranda Lambert

That's a really amazing poem. It's really awesome to see those feelings through a girls point of view instead of mine. GREAT JOB!

FilmEcho68 GOLD, Wentzville, Missouri

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe then you will be successful." -Unknown

I agree with you. I feel like this concept is overused. The idea is good, but when it is used all the time, it loses its wow factor. 

summergirl21 GOLD, Salt Lake City, Utah

"So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!" -Peter Pan

This poem has always been a favorite, but I was wondering if anyone noticed the incredibly similar structure between this and the poem 10 Things I Hate About You from the 90's movie with Heath Ledger. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think they sound a lot alike. Nothing against this poem though. I love it!

NILAKSHI008 SILVER, PANIPAT, Other

Good opinion once lost, is lost forever.

wow.... too good

Poetrylover_1 SILVER, Norh Charleston, South Carolina
I dont necessarily like rhyming poems, but this poem is very nice, straight to the point and talks about a person that acceps the other for who they and loves everything about them.

jfsdifdisofnsdklvn BRONZE, Hanahan, South Carolina
I don't really understand why this poem has gotten so much praise. It's simple and doesn't give any detail, as well as the fact that it rhymes. It's an overused concept (you're a jerk but I love you) and an elementary rhyme scheme. The lines "and yet you're the best jerk I see" i feel tie the poem together, but I still can't wrap my head around it. It's pretty, but I feel like it's something anybody could've done.

WatercolorWriter SILVER, Sykesville, Maryland

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." --Unknown

"Be the change you want to see in the World." --Mahatma Gandhi

I love this poem!!! :)

CallMeAria PLATINUM, Vancouver, Other

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON :)

This is straight to the point, with simple, understandable language. I REALLY LIKE THIS :D

EmAngster00 SILVER, Calavi, Other

""You can’t be like me
But be happy that you cant
I see pain but I don’t feel it
I am like the old Tin Man.” - Tin Man, The Avett Brothers

Wow this was amazing! I love your rhythmic style and rhymes. And it's funny how i can completely relate to this. *_*

Bluetooth13 SILVER, A Town In, Texas

To play a wrong note is insignificant, to play without passion is inexcusable.

~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Great! :) check out my work?

Isibeal19 PLATINUM, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

*Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.*

This is so creaative! 

MeganGuiney SILVER, Congers, New York

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

I LOVE THIS!  So clever & relateable, good job! :)

hrofficial BRONZE, -, California

"There are multiple sides to all of us. Who we are -- and who we might be if we follow our dreams." -Miley Cyrus

I wish I wrote this. It's so funny and so true.

justkiddinguniversity BRONZE, Palmdale, California

"Its not what it is, its what it can become."
-The Once-Ler

i know right?!