The Truth Is... | Teen Ink

The Truth Is...

By laylacole6 BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
laylacole6 BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

1. The truth is christmas is better than halloween
This truth is less meaningful. I find that christmas is better than halloween and this is a truth to me.

2. The truth is people go through hard times
This truth is meaningful to me and others.People go through hard times. It is a fact of life, nobody has a perfect life or one that does not go through hard times. Some people go through times that nobody can imagine going through, some it is not as bad as others but is still hard for that person. Some hit rock bottom and some don’t quite get that bad, but everyone goes through hard times.

3. The truth is dogs are better than cats
This truth is less meaningful. I find that dogs are better than cats, I have two dogs and could not imagine not having them, they have been there for me through thick and thin. Having two dogs I find that dogs are better than cats

4. The truth is bad things happen to good people
This is a meaningful truth. As people in the world— all kinds of people—  bad things happen to us, but bad things don’t only happen to bad people.

5. The truth is ice cream is better with cookie dough
This is a less meaningful truth. The best ice cream flavor— chocolate— is better with cookie dough. As well as the second best — chocolate chip cookie dough— all ice cream is better with cookie dough.

6. The truth is football > than basketball
This is a less meaningful truth. Watching football is more interesting and fun than watching basketball.

7. The truth is nobody's perfect
This is a meaningful truth. Just like how nobody has a perfect life, nobody is perfect. Everyone has their imperfect qualities and that's what makes us human. People need to know that nobody is perfect and to love their imperfections.

8. The truth is traveling is better than being at home
This is a less meaningful truth. Going on vacation is one of, if not the best part of my year. I love traveling and I want to travel so many places in the future.

9. The truth is summer is better than winter
This is a less meaningful truth. I personally am happier and have more fun in the summer, summer is my favorite season and my favorite time of the year. Going on vacation, being out of school, having fun with friends,  and sleeping in every dayare just some parts that make summer more fun than winter.

10. The truth is everyone is special and has a purpose
This is a very meaningful truth. Not everyone is perfect, not everyone has a perfect life, bad things happen to good and bad people, but every single person is special and has a purpose in this life. Not everything has to be perfect or close to perfect to have a purpose or to be special. Everyone is special and has a purpose.

Everyone has a different set of truths that they believe in. Some truths are very meaningful to those they belong to and others. Some are less meaningful but still true to them. Mine are a mix of both.

I wrote this as an english assignment but I found that some of these people may need to hear right now.