Gay, Lesbian, bi relationships are okay!! | Teen Ink

Gay, Lesbian, bi relationships are okay!!

By ~luckydutchess~ BRONZE, Keywest, Florida
~luckydutchess~ BRONZE, Keywest, Florida

"One day there will be a chance that you will say that you love one person and really mean it, but every day one person is at least loving you now." - Me

I don't understand why most people in the world don't like people of the same sex to be in a relationship. I'm bisexual myself and people come up to me and start critizing me because i am, but they dont understand that I'm special in my own way just like other ppl, no matter who they are.

Where I live the main population is gay, lesbian and bi people. In front of my school there are even people writing signs saying "God hates America and Fags are not welcomed here!" I am getting so sick of it! This is making us not want to come out and actually be us.

The government has no right to make laws saying that gays can not be married. God and government does not mix people! Get it straight! Some of yur friends might actually be gay, lesbian or bi, and would u not be there friend because of it? If you would, then you are messed up and not worthy of their friendship.

LilyCarrot said...
on Mar. 24 2014 at 8:28 am
LilyCarrot, River Vale, New Jersey
I feel bad for the fact that you are going to live such a horrible life with your viewpoints. Bye now. 

madecookies said...
Although I agree with you, you didn't make any solid points or valid arguments. This was purely about how you think your better than everyone else.

Thalion SILVER said...
on Mar. 12 2014 at 10:58 am
Thalion SILVER, Peoria, Illinois
How can you not bring God into this? He was the one who created marriage! Any change to an artist's work wil involve the artist himself. 

Thalion SILVER said...
on Mar. 12 2014 at 10:55 am
Thalion SILVER, Peoria, Illinois
Don't be angry, but there is no scientific evidence that people are born homosexual. They have done tests and found that a person's influences and enviroment shape who they are and what they believe, not just genetics. And I do not think that you comparison to white vs black is a good comparison. In all actuallity, Adam and Eve were most likely darker skinned than most people think. Also, all men were created equal; no matter the color of our skin, we are all humans. You are comparing an issue of different skin coloring to an issue of drastically different morality standings. 

Thalion SILVER said...
on Mar. 12 2014 at 10:51 am
Thalion SILVER, Peoria, Illinois
Before I say anything, I want you to know that I am not a hater, but I am not a supporter. You have heard the saying, love the sinner, hate the sin. Well, I believe that is true. Homoesexuals are not to be hated, and as a Christian I am to speak the truth in love. So I have to say that, based on the truth of the Bible, homeosexuality is wrong. It is a sin in the eyes of God. That does not give us the right to judge, but it is our responsiblity to face others if we know that what they are doing is wrong. I do know people who are gay and I do not think of them as "uncool" or freaks in any way.    Our country is going downhill... There are some things that the government should take care of, but issues of morality are not some of them! The definition of marriage has been set for thouasands of years: a sacred union between a man and a woman, until death do they part. Severing this definition (which our government has already done) will have horrible effects on ever aspect of our lives. 

jmac said...
I think that being gay is wrong. I think it is bull that its a choice for people to make. It was a choice for the murder that sleeps in jail tonight to kill some one to. However it does not mean that he went unpunished. I feel that the main reson people dont mind it is because they have no moarals there self. This country was founded on one Nation under God! My God says its an Abomination! I think I will stick with him.

gusbus said...
You and your girl should ride the gusbus, it'll be a ride you'll never forget.

CharleyLatta BRONZE, Salem, Massachusetts

"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." -- Mother Theresa

theatregirl, you are kind of a #%$hole

Suck it up.

aphredite said...
i think that people can have rights ... but there are rights that just are imposible to have... and the bible was made after god died? well he wrote some of it himself! and he did creat woman and man there is no other human sex that has both genders

killer09 said...
idk this is crazy and i am sick of whats going on only god can judge you.

Mantizah said...
Try thinking of gayety in the same way you'd think of public nudity. It doesn't physically harm people, and it's your choice how you dress, right? In the end, the reason it isn't legal is simply because many people find it disturbing. Same goes for gayety.

Tre!1010 said...
they just hating stay strong

Anonomis said...
this is amazing

JessC said...
I totally agree with you. Iam straight too but i think that everyone should have equal rights to love anyone they want, even if they are both the same gender. I also hate it when people say that the bible goes against gay marriage. it doesnt because God is a loving God and will accept you no matter who you are

Wings10FeetTall GOLD, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

Nobody's going to wait for you, so do it now.
-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

I know that, Lonesome. I really don't know why I would. But I think that as time went on, I'd be fine with it because it would become more familar. Does that make sense?

riplms2005 DIAMOND, Oglesby, Illinois

"Live a good life, you people!" -Myers, old english teacher

well said!

deafening-fan GOLD, Kutztown, Pennsylvania

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

It id not just a one sided argument. I stated my opinion that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry under the church. That is what my faith told me, and thats what I believe. But when I told this to my class mates, they called me a gay-hater, that I didn't even want to look at you, that I was being judgemental and that I was just hating. I wasn't!!! I think gays and bis and lesbs and homosexuals are people to! We're all people! It isn't just the catholic faith thats getting on you. Some people are getting on those who think that gay marriage isn't spiritually correct. They think we just hate gays andall the others. But we don't! You're God's crwation also! We can't and shouldn't hate anything anyway! Just remember, this isn't a one sided argument.

― J.R.R. Tolkien

It isn't just a one sided argument. I understand that you want to be you, and that people that hate aren't really being religious. During a debate I gave my opinion on gay rights. We should not intermingle law and religion, but the Catholic Church does not believe a bisexual marriage is holy in God's eyes. That was my opinion, and my classmates start calling me a gay hater. They verbally attacked me and said I hated bi's and lesbians and gays. But I don't hate you guys! We're all people here! But because I stated my opinion, I was labeled. Just remember, it isn't all one sided.

SaraBug said...
SaraBug, Wellington, Colorado

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

I believe that JettaWintry made a very good point that God loves the person but hates the sin. This is truly what I believe being a member of the LGBT community myself and being raised in a very Christian family. And I feel sorry for all of those people who have chosen hate over love. When Jesus came to earth he said "love thy neighbor as thy self" This is the golden rule and therefore makes me believe that God hates people who harbor hatred more than he hates homosexuals.