Friends | Teen Ink

Friends

By Sonya Ward BRONZE, Berwyn, Illinois
Sonya Ward BRONZE, Berwyn, Illinois

A friend, a friend! You call yourselves friends. Oh please! How many times do you have to hear that until you realize that they're truly not a friend? Wonder why friends are there. Two reasons.1) To comfort you when you need comforting and 2) Nonstop there for you. Oh honey, now a days friends want to be jealous, unfair, and ignorant. You see any love? I thought so. Sometimes it's better to be alone because the only person you can trust is yourself. It's nice to have friends too, but you have to make sure they're the right ones, and most of the time it's hard to tell which ones are. Being sorry, always apologizing, screwing up is not going to cut it your either they're or your not, people don't have time to stop their lives for someone who doesn't want to go forward with them. Just think about what a friend can do for you and how they can show you how faithful they are to you and not what's best for them. That's only you being used to do what makes them look good and what makes you look bad. All I can tell you is that do what's best for you and don't ever stop doing what your meant to do, just because your so called friend needs you to support his/her dreams instead of yours.

on Mar. 3 2016 at 10:18 am
kelsi.lussier BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
hmm and now you're too salty to reply

on Mar. 3 2016 at 10:17 am
omg @kendalmurphy I can't even believe that you're bringing this up rn! if anything you're always the one calling me mean names and making me feel bad about myself. and you know that sometimes i just can't deal with you, i don't think we should be friends if you're just going to treat me like this. goodbye

on Mar. 3 2016 at 10:14 am
kendalmurphy BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware
so true!! @kelsilussier you are my friend that always puts me down and puts your dreams in front of mine! i dont deserve this!

on Mar. 3 2016 at 10:10 am
That's so true! A toxic relationship is something that nobody needs in your life so thank you because the people that read this will be able to recognize bad relationships.

Malorie PLATINUM, Des Moines, Iowa

"So shines a good deed in a weary world."

Such an amazing article, so true.