Gay, Lesbian, bi relationships are okay!! | Teen Ink

Gay, Lesbian, bi relationships are okay!!

By ~luckydutchess~ BRONZE, Keywest, Florida
~luckydutchess~ BRONZE, Keywest, Florida

"One day there will be a chance that you will say that you love one person and really mean it, but every day one person is at least loving you now." - Me

I don't understand why most people in the world don't like people of the same sex to be in a relationship. I'm bisexual myself and people come up to me and start critizing me because i am, but they dont understand that I'm special in my own way just like other ppl, no matter who they are.

Where I live the main population is gay, lesbian and bi people. In front of my school there are even people writing signs saying "God hates America and Fags are not welcomed here!" I am getting so sick of it! This is making us not want to come out and actually be us.

The government has no right to make laws saying that gays can not be married. God and government does not mix people! Get it straight! Some of yur friends might actually be gay, lesbian or bi, and would u not be there friend because of it? If you would, then you are messed up and not worthy of their friendship.

PrincessFluffyButt, Somerset, Kentucky

Everyone has to make sacrifices... You just have to decide which ones to make

I agree completely. I've said that for years

iPreferRainbows, Ferguson, Kentucky

only you can set you free

i totally agree! i am bisexual as well and have a girlfriend who i am deeply in love with. i dont understand why people are so judgemental. its wrong to judge us. we can love just the same as everyone else.

lonesomedreams BRONZE, Buffalo, New York

"Dont tell me what I cant do." -John Locke, LOST

All I have to say is, peace and love man. Life is too short to be so judgmental. 

You should really ask yourself why it would bother you so much. Because if theyre really your friend, all you should want is their happiness. And Im sure its awkward for anyone to see their friends making out with their significant other in front of them, wether theyre gay or straight lol

hippiechild BRONZE, Lakewood, Ohio

Not because they are perfect, but because they are free. Because they are alive.

I just don't understand how being gay, lesbian, or bisexual is wrong. If straight people have the right to be in love with their opposite sex, then gay, lesbian, and bisexual people have the right to love whoever they want. Love is not so black and white, there grey areas. And if the love is true than how can it be wrong. People need to accept others for who they are. Our world is broken in that way but our generation seems to understand what is right and what is a wrong, regarding the way you treat people. 

hippiechild BRONZE, Lakewood, Ohio

I agree 100%

hippiechild BRONZE, Lakewood, Ohio

I compleatly agree with you! How come a religion that not everyone practices must determine who can marry who.

XOBookishXO BRONZE, Boca Raton, Florida

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." ~ William Shakespeare

I came out two years ago, and although I have not experienced as much hate as you have, I totally agree with you! 

on Jun. 8 2013 at 7:40 am
LittleDreamer BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
Well I'm not part of the LGBT community but I'm a 100% supporter. Most of my friends are gay, lesbian and bi and that's totally fine. I agree with you, god and government shouldn't be mixed up, what's more important is equality. They say the country is free but the sentence itself is misleading when we observe the situations. One of my mututal friends experienced terrible torture for being lesbian and it shocked me; it happened in a developed country, I won't name though - and only one of the doers got a criminal record. It sickened me to know that none of them got a proper punishment, it's injustice. I believe that love happens between two souls and gender doesn't matter, hopefully equal rights for everyone would be granted worldwide in the coming years.

on Jun. 6 2013 at 10:18 am
OptimusPrime123 BRONZE, Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania

"All you need is Love" -John Lennon

I feel the same way, people today are just to judgemental an will judge a book by its cover. Love can be between anyone, it really is not hurting anyone, so why complain about it. People who claim to be homophobic are just ignorant an are brainwashed to think that gay is wrong. Ask anyone an im sure they would not want their free rights taken away, so why take away a gays right to be happy. That is how i feel about this subject an hopefully people will open their eyes an learn to respect other people's choices.

flatcap12 GOLD said...
flatcap12 GOLD, Roy, Utah

"It is when we hit our lowest point that we are open to the greatest change." -Avatar Aang

I totally agree with you. i'm not gay or bi myself, but my best friend is lesbian. seeing her with another girl isn't wierd, it makes me happy that she's found somebody that cares.

Wings10FeetTall GOLD, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

Nobody's going to wait for you, so do it now.
-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

Um..... I don't think that somebody being g.ay would make me want to leave them alone and shun them. I will however freely admit that if I were to see a friend of mine kissing somebody o fthe same gender, I would find it wierd. 

YozoraK PLATINUM, Maumelle, Arkansas

"Life for you has been less than kind/So take a number/Stand in line/We've all been sorry/We've all been hurt/But how we survive/Is what makes us who we are." -'Survive' by Rise Against

It has always irked me when my peers use the term ga.y as a way to say something is "uncool."  I know that each and everytime someone says that within my hearing range, I go straight up to them and tell them that using the term ga.y like they are is offensive and that they should stop.  I have even once had to reprimand some 5th graders for using the term like that.  It is sad when I have to get on to little kids for something that should already be prevented. 

Guest said...
Sex isn't all that matters in a relationship, even though grammar and not comma spamming matters in a comment. (Spelling does, too.) #asexual  

Guest said...
I agree, although this isn't that hotly debated anymore... #asexual

italia103 said...
on Apr. 30 2013 at 3:11 am
Nobody CHOOSES to be gay that is absurd. i strongly dislike it when people say that. im personally straight buteven  i can see that it doesnt work like that. they were born like that it was set in their DNA. its like saying oh well African Americans had a choise to be white and they chose to be black... they are not freaks they are human beings

sarah98 BRONZE said...
sarah98 BRONZE, Holyoke, Massachusetts

It is better to write for yourself and have no audience than write for your audience and have no self.

I hate hate HATE when people think that God doesn't accept homosexuals. He would accept us and want us to be happy, right? I am straigh but know how it hurts friends of mine who have different feelings. I agree with everything in this article. 

MadSilver GOLD said...
MadSilver GOLD, Woodstock, Georgia
I agree. Love is love no matter the gender!!!

on Apr. 23 2013 at 10:49 am
wolfeyes2001 BRONZE, Mt. Juliet, Tennessee
bulls**t........................

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

I agree... Note that they did say "God hates the sin, but loves the person." I'm not necessarily a supporter of this, but that doesn't mean I have to lash out at everybody I see. They're the way they are, and I can't help that, so what's the point of discriminating them? Lastly, God loves his children unconditionally. He forgives us, even if he knows that what we are/did was against his set rules. But he gave us free will for a reason, so it's our decision on what we do with our life and how we choose to handle it.