Teenage Love? | Teen Ink

Teenage Love?

By Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey
Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

delaney95 GOLD said...
delaney95 GOLD, St. Charles, Missouri
I totally agree. I do also think though that there are many different types of love. The way you love the person you marry, and they way you love your first crush, and the person you're with now are all different. Everyone loves, but differently. I'm not saying we can't love like adults do; some of us do. But the other stuff shouldn't be dismissed just because it's different. I knew I wasn't going to spend the rest of my life with my ex-boyfriend, but I still loved him.

Camille Santana BRONZE, Bound Brook, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
I agree with you 100%. And yur lucky to have a mom that supports you. its alittle more difficult for my mom to understand it because when she was my age, I was born. So i suppose when a teenager has a child and the child finds a special person, they automatically think of lust, which in most cases is not the case. Teenage love is real, and i would know. Im a teenager in love. lol

babygirl said...
i believe in love too!