Go Green | Teen Ink

Go Green

June 5, 2008
By Anonymous

For every person everywhere we all deal with transportation. We all need to go somewhere at some point in the day. Whether we walk, bike, run, or drive.
I am a 13-year-old girl and I need to get rides everywhere all the time. When I have to get rides everywhere it can be annoying, but I can’t do anything really, until I am 16. For the people who drive me around it is getting costly. Just the other day the price of gas was a little above $4.

We always are hearing “Go Green” slogans. Well how can we “go green” with our transportation, especially if we have to go some place far. It would be very hard to walk a long distance, like 100 miles, so we drive the long distance.

We start driving less now a days because of the rising gas prices. We also don’t drive as far away as we used to, but we could change that.

It is hard to think of any way the gas prices are convenient or not affecting any one. The rising gas prices are affecting everyone, from newborns to senior citizens. The gas prices are affecting everyone because everyone without a license is being driven around and everyone with a license is driving or getting his or her license.

My parents always do their best to conserve the gas that is in our cars. When we need to get something and we think of something else to get, we try to get them in one ride, like the phrase “two birds with one stone”. One day my sister was getting groceries and my parents called her to ask her to pick up some pictures we had went to get printed and she got them.

There are many ways to “go green” like driving slower, try to do things that are close to each other, or create car pools. These things may be inconvenient now, but they will be helpful down the road.

I feel that the gas prices are out of control. Also no matter what we do the gas prices never are going to go down.

If we never do anything then the prices will be above five dollars for a really long time. But if we do something like car pools then the time with high gas prices will hopefully be not so long as it could.

When it all comes down to the height of the gas prices we only have two obvious choices. The first obvious choice is change your driving habits. The other obvious choice is to go broke. So it all comes down to you.