Let’s be responsible earthlings | Teen Ink

Let’s be responsible earthlings

October 14, 2019
By Emaan_zahra_ijaz GOLD, Sharjah, Other
Emaan_zahra_ijaz GOLD, Sharjah, Other
12 articles 14 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life"


Earth is our mother and we are her children. She provides us with food, water and shelter. How do we repay her? By destroying forests and polluting the oceans, it seems. Why are we impoverishing the resources of our planet? The damage is done, but it can be taken care of if you take necessary action. 

1. Sort trash 

Around your city, there are litter boxes for different types of wastes — paper, glass, and even wet waste. Be mindful while disposing of waste. 

2. Clean up

Gather your friends or family members and take part in a clean-up drive. When you participate in such activities with a loved one, not only do you serve the planet, but you also spend some quality time with the person. Attend green events held across the city and catch up with someone you care about. Sounds like a good idea, doesn’t it?

3. Save water

Make it a point to use water reasonably. Understand the difference and choose wisely between baths and showers, and know when to turn the tap off. 

Eventually, it’s in your hands. Do you want to stay in a land that’s been robbed of its resources or in one that’s surrounded by plants, trees, oceans and seas?


The author's comments:

Hi, I am Emaan Z., a high school student fighting for student rights and at the same time finding ways to help the new generation, as well as the existing one, a green place to stay. These points mentioned are just a few of which I'd like to share in the hope to spread awareness.