Germans are nice people too | Teen Ink

Germans are nice people too

November 22, 2010
By coolstudygirl GOLD, Vermilion, Ohio
coolstudygirl GOLD, Vermilion, Ohio
16 articles 0 photos 38 comments

The Germans are people like you and I. Don't think just because they started the Holocaust they are all hateful because they are mostly not hateful. That is one example of a horrible stereotype that people get called daily. Germans are actually very nice people and some of them are the nicest people that you can meet. Well we get a lot of our influence from the Germans and the Germans get some of their influence from us.
For example the song " Mein Vater War Ein Wandersmann", and "Muß I Denn" are popular in our culture. The first song has a melody that you might recognize as the Happy Wanderer, and Muß I Denn is featured partly in Elvis Presley's song Wooden Heart. We also get food like Sauerkraut from them. Plus some of our best composers and scientists were German or spoke German. So not all Germans are bad the Germans that are probably hateful are probably the old people and some young people. They regret having the Holocaust or starting it and they are not proud of it at all. Every country has a past or present event that they regret happening in their country.

So before making a joke that Germans are haters and very mean people think again of who you are insulting. I also know some Germans also and they are very nice.

The author's comments:
A lot of people hate Germans in our school because of the Holocaust even though we are mostly of German heritage in my school.