Censorship | Teen Ink

Censorship

By Ellen212 GOLD, Sebastopol, California
Ellen212 GOLD, Sebastopol, California

Suppressing people’s ideas and outlets of expression is wrong. Everyone is allowed to feel anything and express that in any way they choose. In censoring books, groups are saying that individual’s ideas are not okay; that they are wrong, dirty, or false. Book censorship crushes peoples’ ideas.
Everyone has a right to choose what he or she believes, thinks, and experiences. As individuals, people can decide weather to read something, but in choosing, they deserve to have the full range of what is out there for personal consumption. To limit everyone’s choices is one step from brainwashing them. The first amendment states that people have freedom of speech and press. Book censoring is taking that away. Everyone has the right to say what he or she wants, others have the right to listen or not. Just as forcing someone to know something is wrong, taking away the possibility for someone to know that same thing is not expectable.
Each person has a point of view; a way they see things in the world and how they interact with them.
The choices we make are all ours. As young people, there are people that care about us who make decisions for us and in our benefit. At some point, we must grow up and make our own decisions. Because we’re only human, we make mistakes, but we learn from them and carry on. When we stand on our own, we choose what we read, what we eat, and what we do with our lives. We all have the right to say what we think and have others hear. People can say they don’t want to hear, and in respecting that, we are forming the lines of society. When we try to force our thought onto others, issues arise. Just as we feel we have freedom, everyone else does too and we must value that. Because of their freedom, they have their own thoughts and notions of the world and life. Everyone should accept that we all have different ideas, and that just because we don’t all think the same, it doesn’t make anyone wrong. Individual thought and expression is something to be valued and cherished, not suppressed for any reason.

Victor said...
Censorship is showing his or her body off to the public.This is nasty,uneducated,undisipline and of course not shy to other people to look of his/her expose body