THE JOURNEY OF 75 YEARS BUT STILL YOUNG | Teen Ink

THE JOURNEY OF 75 YEARS BUT STILL YOUNG

By Adatheprincess BRONZE, Peshawar, Other
Adatheprincess BRONZE, Peshawar, Other
4 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Allah created life and death in order to test us.

On 14th August, 1947, an unexpected change occurred on the world map at the times when the Khilafat e Usmania was being destroyed and many many Muslim areas were coming under the ruling and power of Britian and West a new country appeared on the world map. Not only the national religion of that state was Islam but the ideology of formation of the state was based on the fact that Muslims are a separate prominent nation and they should have their own independent homeland.

After years of struggles of Muslim leader and workers Islamic Republic of Pakistan came into being. The known worthy among them are Quaid e Azam, Liaquat Ali Khan, Begam Salma tassaduq Hussain, Fatima Jinnah, Jahanara Shah Nawaz and of course Dr. Allama Iqbal who presented the Pakistan resolution on 23rd March, 1930. Many names are missing 

After British left subcontinent, there were 3 parts of it West Pakistan at one side, India in the middle and West Pakistan at the other side.

Both East and West Pakistan were controlled by the same Government and it was very difficult because of the distance of 1600 km!!!!.

Next year after Independence we lost Quaid and then Liaquat Ali Khan (PM).

Things turned worse from bad because Pakistan was not financially stable. Pakistan also lacked its own constitution till 1956.

Martial Law of General Ayub Khan caused the country to reduce its economic, industrial and financial growth in the 60's era. The best thing was the winning of the war of 1965 against India.

Afterwards came General Yahya Khan to become the next administrater. 

Things further turned more bad when in 1971, When we had to fight in a war against India and at the same time due to the political reasons and negligence of East Pakistanis by the Martial law administrators on 17 Dec, 1971, East Pakistan turned into Bengladesh by gaining Independence.    

The system of castes and creeds and regional wars then and also now are causing the foundations of Pakistan to be weakened internally.

The government was taken over by Bhutto and in 1977 he was arrested on the charges of murder and then sentenced to death and another Martial law's regime begin starring Zia ul haq.

70's era had many ups and downs but at the end of the decade Islamic Shria laws were enforced and country could be seen gaining back its energy which was lost in war of 1971.

Zia's regime ended in 1988 and democracy was once again revived and this time Bhutto's daughter Benazir had been chosen as the PM. first ever female Pm of any modern Islamic state.

In 90's era Nawaz Sharief also was very active in the politics and Benazir and Nawaz played musical chairs with the PM seat. Benazir would come and then Nawaz would come, again Benazir would come and then Nawaz.

Seeing this political instability another Martial law begin in 1999 and this time it was Musharraf who sent Nawaz to jail and Benazir flee from Pakistan.

In 2007 it was announced that new elections in 2008 would be held so to bein democracy again. Benazir came back to Pakistan for the general elections and was killed in a terrorist/assasination attack.

From then Nawaz sharief ruled Pakistan till he was dethroned by the decision of court and another party member took the place of PM.

In 2018, a PTI won the elections though it was very unexpected and shocking but the masses accepted it just to give Imran Khan a chance to rule but inflation rose dramatically and country's condition worsen.

In 2022, vote of no confidence was given to the PM and Shehbaz sharief became the new PM.

But now the prices of things touched sky and condition turned worse from bad.

This was the whole 75 years political journey of my homeland. I pray that things would get better soon.

Everything I have written is my opinion and was according to my knowledge.