Over reaction to COVID-19 | Teen Ink

Over reaction to COVID-19

April 6, 2020
By _.tayler._julian SILVER, Williamstown, Kentucky
_.tayler._julian SILVER, Williamstown, Kentucky
5 articles 3 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You can never cross the ocean unless you have courage to loose sight of the shore.


Alright here's the thing, this whole coronavirus thing is getting out of hand. I go to school in Kentucky and we are out of regular school until May 1st, that's only three weeks before we get out for the summer. I mean if you're gonna be dumb and cancel school for that long why not make us do this stupid online schooling for the rest of the school year?! They already are rescheduling our prom, they took out K-Prep, really all we are going back for is class night and graduation. I heard that some schools are out for the rest of the year AND are making their students retake the classes they are currently in, and are doing online schooling for, again next year!! It is no worse than the common flu but just a little worse than the common cold. Less people have died from the corona virus within the last five months than those who have died from the common flu or pneumonia within four months! I mean I'm all for missing some school but this is getting ridiculous, having a line outside the grocery store and making us go in one at a time?! What about shutting down the restaurants? If people who are obsessed with keeping their houses "stocked" keep hoarding all the necessities, then where are we gonna eat? I am a part of an emergency trained team who is prepared to handle situations like these. If it becomes necessary we are going to be able to ration food and supplies to everyone. But if people would just do as they're told and stay indoors other than going to get necessities then we'd be good! But people want to go out and hang out or party with their friends, they're the idiots who are gonna make this get out of hand.


The author's comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject so please comment what you think.