Patriotism | Teen Ink

Patriotism

November 13, 2008
By Sana Awan BRONZE, Laurel, Maryland
Sana Awan BRONZE, Laurel, Maryland
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear President Obama,
For the next four years you were elected to preside over the United States. You were given the task of rebuilding our country's economy from the poor state it is currently in. I believe that a great deal of attention should also be put on promoting patriotism. If the people of our country are not proud to be living here, the task you have ahead of you will be lengthier and more difficult. Citizens of this country, the UNITED States, need to be more united as one even through all of our directions. Though as different as we may be, we all come together in one huge similarity; our residence in the vast melting pot; the United States of America. You will need the cooperation of every class in the social hierarchy of this country in order to fulfill what you have set out to do. Everyone, no matter how rich or poor, how religiously or racially different, can come together and proudly work for the benefit and promotion of our country. This must occur, and can be accomplished if the government advocates it. The meaning of the Pledge of Allegiance has disintegrated; the words of the National Anthem are often forgotten. Let patriotism expand its wings, such as our national bird, the majestic bald eagle, and sour high in the sky.
Sincerely,
Sana A