Solutions: Child Abuse | Teen Ink

Solutions: Child Abuse MAG

When people decide to have children, the general idea is to love and cherish them. But unfortunately this isn't always the situation. There are parents in this world who abuse children whether they are babies or teenagers. People like this are not fit to have children.

Whether it is physical or mental, abuse is wrong. Parents who abuse children should stop and take the time to get help, because the child will suffer in the end. Many children in this world die or become emotionally unstable because of abuse in the home.

Peers, educators, legislators and others should take the time to help not only the child who is suffering but also the parent. There should be counselors in the schools who specialize in these situations and other organizations to help the parents.

We as students can take the time and write letters and articles to newspapers and legislators to help our friend, relative or just another human being who is suffering, rather than just to talk about the issues. Innocent children should not be victims of child abuse. ?

Bruskknight said...
on Dec. 9 2012 at 11:35 am
Me too i am also writing a speech on the topic of child abuse. i choose the topic to put out awareness of child abuse and how it affects the people around.  

try living with a set of lazy abusive parents

Dark_Monarch said...
I guess people are sick in the head. Thats m yway of saying that people in general can be pretty stupid and dont think some things through. Like, why would you have kids if you can't take care of them properly? Seriously...

on Apr. 27 2012 at 9:06 am
ArmyChick SILVER, Lake Park, Florida

*Live like its your last day,*People say practice makes perfect, but then they say there is no such thing as perfect, thats why i stopped practicing,*silly boys trucks are for girls,*you dont want to get to your distination and not remember the trip.

i agree with this article all the way. i would have really loved to see something like this when i was still with my birthmother and gettin abused.

Lurchinbug said...
on Apr. 26 2012 at 7:59 am
WOW that's scary, and very sad

YES PAPA>>>>>>>>THANKS TO DA PERSON WHO POST THIS>>>>>.COPIED,PASTE>>>>>>97 %

quetevala said...
it's not easy to go against someone who gave you everything you have... in fact it's the hardest thing for me and i would never report my parents ecpecially since i have a younger brother at home who would suffer so much.

I had witness some sort of child abuse while working at an indoor water park. there are huge water slides you can ride there and this dad and his son were next in line to go. The son became very terrified to go and started to cry lightly telling his dad he didnt want to go. the dad grabed his arm roughly and told him to lay down and o ride. the child was very tterrified and the dad continued o lose his temperature with the child. The scene was so dramatic that other lifeguards had left their positions to see what was going on. Finally i calmed the child down and the dad was still angry. I told the child that the ride wasnt so scary and everything would be okay and he smile. :) I was hurt by what i had seen just in those breif moments and i was terrified to think about what the child would go through at home.

hm......................

zer0xi0n1o1 said...
i enjoyed reading it. i'm doing a final in sociology on what we can do instead of abusing children. i don' care what people think i think you did great. i myself was in an extremely abusive house where i would get beate very much. but i'm glad to know child abuse is a topic that many people know about 

I am working on the same persuasion speech. I have done all the research I can possibly do, watched all the sad videos on youtube, and even shed a few tears for those who were lost due to child abuse. It's terribly sad to see what children have to go through now. Being a parent was a choice, if you did not want the blessings of being a parent then they shouldn't have put theirselves in that position in the first place. I look at kids and see nothing but love, I don't know how anyone can do this to and child ever.

kelsee727 said...
kelsee727, The Plains, Ohio
I had to write some persuasive speech a few months ago and I chose child abuse. Although there really is not anything to persuade..it was still an option. I do not understand why people bring children into the world when all they are going to do to the children is give them a tragic life. I've never been abused. Therefore I cannot say this with confidence, but if I had been abused I would not want to have my children experience that kind of pain I had felt. I would want to do the complete opposite. If people are so traumatized then they should get help. We should all be more..aware or more welcoming when somebody needs to talk to us about something as serious as this. Abuse should not be passed down. It should not be some kind of tradition in a family. I'm not sure how to stop the problem, but I do know that no child needs to experience that kind of pain. It is their childhood for crying out loud!

on Apr. 19 2011 at 11:24 am
ashley1012 BRONZE, Glasgow, Kentucky

Come askin for it and you will get

i agree with this article people parnets should not abuse ther child becuase if my dad was to abuse me i would walk out the door and got to the police station and then go back to the house with the police and tell him see ya and i will leave

SparrowFeather GOLD, La Crescenta, California

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

okay, lets just take a step back for a second. I certainly don't think that abuse is a joke. Nothing I wrote was intended to suggest that i did. I can see the angle that you're coming from about restating the facts, and i agree that that is an interesting perspective to look at things from. Perhaps that was the intended result, and I read it from a different view point (one that was more literary minded, and less problem-focused). I do think that awarness is very important, as it is the first step to a solution. I also still think that this is a writing website, and although the topics on which people write are important, the writing itself needs to be evaluated.

on Mar. 11 2011 at 8:34 am
well, she can't fix a problem she doesn't know the situation to. Abuse is serious...we all know that but maybe you need to figure it out for yourself since  you think it's a joke. She probably wasn't attempting to do anything...just restating what people probably have forgotten. Children are suffering and all you can care about is how awful she put that message out there. Some people need little pushes like this so they have the courage enough to confess their abuse problems.

wow. you just told us everything we already know, then didn't propose a solution. Sorry, but this is just a weak attempt at a solution, not actually one.

BluePandaK said...
I agree with what you said. I mean when my step-dad sexaually abused me I just thought I did something wrong to deserve it so it seemed like something was wrong with me and not with him.

aspiringauthor_ BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." - MLK Jr.

I think that the parents should also go through therapy (as well as the children) because more often than not, the cause of the child abuse is that they were abused as a child. Maybe getting some of those pent up feelings would not only make them feel better but make them realize how harsh they are being to their kids. I cannot believe that anyone could be cruel enough to hurt a child, but I know that there are people who do that, so I love this article and to anyone who is being abused: Tell someone, and know that you are in my prayers. 

Yes, I read both of those books. They were so inspiring - yet terribly sad. I cannot believe anyone (the mother in the books) would be that cruel and heartless so as to actually put a little boy through that.

Jasperbobmel BRONZE, Atascadero, California

"If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward."
-MLK

that is sooo true... i have seen the effects of long term abuse two of my family members... they both ended up unhappy and very emotionally unstable...