Solutions: Child Abuse | Teen Ink

Solutions: Child Abuse MAG

When people decide to have children, the general idea is to love and cherish them. But unfortunately this isn't always the situation. There are parents in this world who abuse children whether they are babies or teenagers. People like this are not fit to have children.

Whether it is physical or mental, abuse is wrong. Parents who abuse children should stop and take the time to get help, because the child will suffer in the end. Many children in this world die or become emotionally unstable because of abuse in the home.

Peers, educators, legislators and others should take the time to help not only the child who is suffering but also the parent. There should be counselors in the schools who specialize in these situations and other organizations to help the parents.

We as students can take the time and write letters and articles to newspapers and legislators to help our friend, relative or just another human being who is suffering, rather than just to talk about the issues. Innocent children should not be victims of child abuse. ?

allieboo said...
on Mar. 26 2010 at 7:54 am
and lillymay what u say that its totally normal its not at all.and ur discusting for thinking so , no person in there right mind would ever touch a kid hard enough to hurt them, then we got thse people out there who abuse those children its not fair what did the kid ever do to deserve that? exactally NOTHING AT ALL!! AND ITS NOT NORMAL SO DONT EVEN SAY THAT!

allieboo said...
on Mar. 26 2010 at 7:49 am
i think that if someone has the decency to beat that poor little kid (or older kid) then i think that whatever they did to hurt that kid they should be locked up in jail and everyday that they are there they should get punished and get beaten.

dancinggiz58 said...
all i have to say to you lillymay is that if child abuse was so normal it wouldnt be called a problem by a lot of people. it also wouldnt be in news articles and frowned upon by so many. child abuse is far from normal....its disgusting

alayapoetgirl BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri

Life is hard; but it's harder if you're stupid. -John Wayne

If child abuse "perfectly normal"(qoute), then why aren't the children abused "perfectly normal"...or in a "normal" mental state of mind, if it's so "normal"?

Lillymay said...
I do not agree with any of you! Yes, you make cildabuse sound wrong but really its perfectly normal!!

StephanieK BRONZE, Ocala, Florida

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game"

I think that people who abuse their kids, should be locked up. I have dealt with children who have been abused, through my babysitting and it is soo tough.

t012iix2 said...
on Dec. 16 2009 at 10:08 am
t012iix2, Attleboro, Massachusetts

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you." - Pooh

this is extremely true.

every parent who has abused they're children should be forced to get serious mental help.

i hate people like that, they deserve to be beaten just like they do their children.

lindseyboo02 said...
i so agree child abuse is wrong and it needs to stop. that child didnt do nothing to you !!!

dbtwin495 said...
This article was really smart. You have a lot of tenacity

: ).

chels_#13 said...
on Apr. 22 2009 at 12:05 am
I agree child abuse needs to stop i think iif u have time to have sex or have any kids then u have time to love them i know somtimes that could be hard for other to provide what they need but atleast try to talk to somone before it gets out of control and i think that if a child does bad then u should DISPLINE them sry if thats spelled wrong but seriously displine and abuse a way to totaly different things and i agree with venessa_09 if they are abused they should be taken away and put in to a good homeand some one who cares and wants kids

---> chels_#13

venessa_09 said...
i agree but goin and geting somehelp for the parents they abuse their kids dont alway help them i believe if the parent keep abuseing there child they should be taking away for the child to have a better life..

i justs want to say that .. i like is artcle its really good

-> venessa_09