Brotherly Love | Teen Ink

Brotherly Love

By ObssesedArtist, Whangarei, Other
ObssesedArtist, Whangarei, Other

If you dont stand for something
You'll fall for anything- Suckerpunch

This chapter is not in Daniel's point of view.

As the afternoon sun lazily stretched across the sky, Carius, Delilah and Taylor where sitting underneath the palm trees…
“Ummm….” Taylor mumbled as Delilah snickered. Carius smiled in encouragement.

“You’re, thinking that I can’t guess what you’re thinking?” Taylor asked.
Delilah chuckled and nodded.
“Ok my turn!” Carius laughed as he thought for a second then nodded.
Taylor stared out into the distance, her face lined with concentration.
“No way!!” Taylor gasped, covering her mouth to hide a smile. “What?” Delilah asked, looking at Carius.
“You fought Tayrius?” Taylor asked, her eyes unfocused. Delilah elbowed Carius in the side.
“Ow!” Carius chuckled.

Carius explained the fight in details, but as he explained Taylor was staring out into the distance. And Delilah was picking at the grass.
“Who’s Sophie?” Taylor asked. Delilah’s head whipped up and she gave a small growl.
“Whoa, Delilah, calm down!” Carius chuckled as he hugged her lightly.
Delilah sighed and looked away. “Sophie was a friend of mine, her mother looked after me once I was homeless, and once her mother died we lived on the streets together.”
“What happened?” Taylor asked, as Delilah tried to wrestle out of Carius’ grip. “Well… I was taken away, and I never saw her again...” she sighed.
Carius hugged her tightly and she nestled her head into his chest. He kissed her head lightly. “Anyone up for a fight?” Taylor chuckled. “Hell yeah!” Carius beamed.
Delilah looked up at him and scowled.
“Oops.” He grinned.
On the training grounds the sounds of swords clashing echoed through the base.
“Taylor!” a voice called, interrupting the fight.
“What now!” Carius moaned at Tayrius.
“Daelek wants to meet Taylor.” He muttered.
She nodded and left the sword on leaning against the post. After a few minutes Taylor re-joined Delilah and Carius, to have Daelek follow behind. They resumed fighting until Carius took a blow to the stomach.
“I’m so sorry!” Taylor moaned as he clutched his stomach and laughed.
As Carius recovered from his injury Delilah was standing in the middle of the training grounds, looking up at the sky.
“Something is, not right...” she muttered.

Rain started to pound down upon everyone. Everyone hurried under the roof. But Delilah remained staring into the sky.
“Delilah!” Carius called.
“It’s not right...” she muttered.
“What are you doing?” Carius asked as he walked up to her.
Delilah remained still and did not reply.
“Delilah…”
“Look out!” she screamed as she shoved him out of the way, falling next to him. A large meteorite shaped thing struck the ground and mud flew everywhere.
As Carius pulled Delilah up Taylor walked over.
“what was that?” Zalien muttered as she appeared next to Taylor.
As the mud stopped raining upon everyone A cloaked figure stepped forward.
Delilah froze as Taylor was lifted a few feet into the air. Screams ringed through everyone’s ears.
“Delilah, how nice to see you again,” A familiar voice chuckled.
“Death!” Delilah spat.
“Oh, so you remember?” He snickered as he walked up to the hovering Taylor.
“Oh, what do we have here? A telepathic angel?” Death chuckled.

“Don’t you touch her!” Delilah spat.
“Oh so we’ve gotten a bit fierce since I last visited?” Death chortled

“You are not welcome here, leave.” Carius scowled at the cloaked demon.
Taylor’s breaths were coming out in short gasps.
Death circled around Taylor and plucked a feather from one of her wings.
Delilah let out a short moan as she clutched her stomach and fell.

Death chuckled as Carius yelped and picked her up.
Delilah’s pendant glowed and shook.
Another angel was summoned.

The constant buzz of the hospital made me nervous. I didn’t know what to expect. I looked up as the doctor motioned for me to come.
Mum stood up but the doctor shook his head.
As I reached the door the doctor stopped me.
“She’s not taking the medicine, perhaps you can help?”
I nodded and walked into the room.
There lying on the bed was a small, pale, bleeding body.
“D-Danny…” she whispered in a small voice.
“I’m here, its ok.” I assured her as I held her tiny hand.
As her bright blue eyes looked up at me I swallowed and looked away.
Mia was in this state because of me.
“Please take the doctors medicine.”
“No…” she gasped as her eyes widened and the heart rate monitor went frantic.
“Please, calm down! They won’t hurt you!” I panicked. Her heart rate settled a bit.
I sighed as looked at her small body covered in grazes and cuts.
“How about you and me go down to the pet store once you get better?”
I asked. She looked away in thought, and then gave a small frown.
“I don’t want that.” She said softly.
“Go get some ice-cream?” I asked.
She shook her small blonde head.
“I want to surf.” She said.

My eyes widened as the last words tumbled out of her lips.
“Mia, you were scraped against the rocks in the ocean, are you sure this is what you want?”
She nodded her head and grinned at me.
I sighed; I couldn’t resist that little smile of hers.
I nodded and watched as she slowly shut her eyes.
The doctor patted me on the back as I left.
She was safe.

My favorite place would be the beach.
Nothing beats the sound of the wind rushing through my ears as I glide along the wave.
Surfing is most of my life.

“What’s wrong Dan?” Mum asked as we drove home.
“Nothing.” I muttered and looked out the window.
Once we reached home I walked inside and closed the door to my room; sank onto my bed and listened to my iPod.
Later I heard a crash and shouts from the kitchen.
They were fighting.
I sighed as changed songs. Then a head popped around the door.
“Daniel could you come over here for a sec?” mum asked.

I placed my iPod down and walked into the kitchen, on the floor was the remains of 5 China plates. I knew that meant they were arguing about my career. Mum followed behind me and I sighed.
“Tell her she’s wrong.” Dad muttered.
“I am not! Tell him you’ve always wanted to be a lawyer! You said so when you were little.” Mum boasted dignantly.
“No.” I replied, balling my hands into fists.
“Excuse me?” mum asked.
“No, I am sick and tired of siding in your arguments. If you two are going to argue, do it without me.”
“But Daniel-
“No! Don’t you understand mom? The only reason you think I want to become a lawyer is because you want me to.”
“But I thought-
“You thought wrong.”
Dad looked up.
“Why didn’t you tell us this?” he asked.
“Why didn’t I? It’s a little thing called respect.”
With that I strode off and closed my door once more.

The next week I was down at the beach, teaching Mia how to surf.

But first she had to practice on the sand
“No, long stokes.” I corrected.
She smiled and changed her stoke pattern.
In the water I helped her up onto the board.
“Ok big paddles.” I said as I spotted a suitable wave.
As it came I pushed her along. She struggled a bit but then stood up and glided along the wave.
I smiled and swam to her.
“I did it!” She gleamed smiling broadly and hugging me. From there she just got better and better.
When Mia and I walked home, she was sitting up on my shoulders and I was carrying the surfboard in one arm.
We got home and I washed the surfboard then put it away, I walked into the kitchen and saw 8 pieces of plates scattered around.
Divorce… and by the looks of it Mum had lost the argument.
I got a brush and cleaned up the mess then went into Mia’s room.
“What are you doing?” I asked as she looked up.
“Drawing” she replied.
I walked over at sat by her knee-high table.
“It’s me and you surfing.” She smiled as she pointed out me and then her. “It’s pretty” I smiled.
“Mia, what would you do if mum and dad left each other?”

“For dads work?” she asked as I tucked her in bed.
“No, as in they moved away from each other because they didn’t want to see each other anymore.”
She sat in bed and thought for a minute.
“Would they want to see me and you?” she replied.
I nodded and she thought some more.
“I would go were you went.” She replied.
I smiled and nodded.
As I left her room I wondered just how much of me she look up to?
That night I heard someone call my name repeatedly.

I sat up and saw a silhouette in the corner of my room.
“Greetings.”
“Who are you?” I asked, rubbing my eyes.
“That is not important. I have a message.”
“From who?”
“Like I said, names are not important.’ The voice snapped. ‘Tomorrow there will a note, read it and follow the instructions. Got it?”
“You came over here to tell me that?” I mumbled, annoyed and worried.
The voice chuckled.
“Grateful humans these days.” The voice sighed.
I reached over to my lamp’s switch.
“I wouldn’t do that.” The voice replied.
I ignored it and flicked on the light. Once my eyes adjusted I stared into the corner, where the voice had been. There was nothing there.
“Seeing things Daniel Brown?” A voice whispered in my ear.
I jumped and fell off the bed.
As I spun around to face the voice I received a blow to my jaw. I clamped my hand over my mouth as the smell of blood filled my nostrils.

“Was that too hard? My bad.” The voice chuckled.
I felt a hand cover my eyes; I tried to pull them off but struggled.
Suddenly I felt my body lift off the ground and got placed on my bed again. Once the hand slid off my face, there was no one there.
I groaned and drifted to sleep.

When I awoke I struggled to remember what happened.
As I sat up I saw a note sitting on the edge of my bed.
I scooted over and opened it up:

Look behind you.

I spun around to see the surfing picture of Mia’s taped to my wall but torn in half.

I jumped off my bed and sprinted to her room.
As I burst through the door I saw a figure leaning over her bed.
My heart flew to my throat as the figure’s head turned to look up at me.
“Daniel. You came.” The voice smiled, mockingly.
“Don’t touch her.” I snapped.
“Why not? She’s so cute, big blue eyes ‘n all.” The voice murmured, making me nauseous.
“I’ll be seeing you soon little one.” The voice sighed.
“Leave her alone.” I replied.
The figure chuckled. Then disappeared right in front of my eyes. I ran to Mia to find her sleeping, oblivious to what had happened.

The next week I stayed close to Mia, she seemed unaware of the reason but liked my company so she didn’t complain.
On Saturday she whined at mum and begged her to let me take her to the beach. Mum finally shooed us away and so we walked to the beach.
“Look!” Mia gasped as she ran to the sand. I chuckled and ran after her. She stopped at the waters edge and picked up a peach colored star fish. I smiled as she begged me to help to save all the other starfishes stranded on the shore.
After an hour Mia got tired and she sat down on the jetty while I finished saving the last starfish.
As I turned I saw Mia’s frightened blue eyes. Behind her sat a pale boy, about my age. His eyes were black; he seemed to have blue feathered like wings of some sort. His black and brown hair hung loosely and waved slightly in the wind.
“Hello again little one.” he smiled as he combed his claws carefully through Mia’s long blonde hair.

“You!” I gasped.
“I told I’d be back” he snickered and then continued combing Mia’s hair.
“Danny…” Mia whined as the boy scooped her up in his arms.
“Please...”
I begged as the boy turned, curling his ever so sharp claws gently in Mia’s soft blonde hair.
The boy grinned as his image, and Mia’s became translucent. Until it was no more.
“Mia!” I groaned, falling on my knees and slamming a fist into the sand.

I looked up as I felt a hand sit on my shoulder.
Its was another winged creature, only this one had soft white feather wings and a look quite similar to me.
“It’s time.” It sighed as white light surround the both of us.

I stood up and looked toward the winged creature.
“I’m Aaren.” He softly mumbled as he invited me to follow him.
I slowly walked along until I looked down at the floor.
I could’ve sworn that I had jumped a foot into the air.
We were standing on transparent clouds.
Aaren led me to a quieter part of the transparent place.

As he stopped I looked up and saw a stone table.
There on top of it lay a Black haired girl. I hesitantly took a step back as I noticed her wings were almost like the ones of the boy who took Mia except her’s weren’t feathered.
“This is Delilah.” he sighed.
“Is she dead?” I asked, eyeing her suspiciously.
“No, but she is, as the humans would say, in a coma.”
I nodded.
“We need you to get changed into these.”
He muttered as he turned and handed me some folded clothing.
I nodded and was lead to a secluded area and left to get changed.

When I returned, Aaren took me back to Delilah’s body and then explained to me what had happened.
“We need her back. The five other angels cannot be summoned if there is no summoner.”

“I’m an-
“Angel? Yes.”
“And she’s a…-
“Demon.”
I gulped.
“Aren’t Demons –
“Evil? Yes, they tend to be. Although Delilah has proved herself to be as worthy as an angel.”

I listened intently to Aaren’s instructions and waited impatiently for the white light to fade.
When it finally did, my eyes scanned the whole area.

The dry dirt and palm trees and the strange buildings felt somewhat familiar, like I’d been here before.
The sound of wings made me turn on the spot. To see a boy land on the ground in front of me.
“Ah, a newbie.”
I watched carefully.
“Hasn’t even gotten his wings yet, what a shame”
I ducked the demon’s first blow and got stuck in the back by the next one. I kicked the demon in the shin and shoved him to the ground, his sword clattering beside him. With a quick scoop his sword was in my hand and pointing at his throat.
The demons irises went from the sword to my eyes. “What do you want Demon?” I asked coldly.

“Demon? Who said I was a demon!” he snickered.
“Apologies, but by the looks of your comrade, I just gave a guess.” I sneered and slammed the sword into his throat.
As I turned to see the cloaked figure I knelt down on one knee.
“Greetings.” The cloaked figure replied.
I gave a small nod.
As the figure took a step closer I swung the sword and knocked him off his feet.
I stood and rested the tip of the sword on his throat.
“How is Delilah.” he snickered
“Almost dead.” I replied coldly.
“Isn’t that a shame?’ He chuckled ‘I guess she has been wearing the pendant for to long. That and a broken bonding bracelet don’t match you know.” he snickered.
I jammed the sword between his ribs and walked a few paces into a white light.
When I stepped out, I was next to Aaren, who was sitting by Delilah.
I walked over and examined the pendant.
It had gotten tighter around her neck.
I tugged at her bonding bracelet, only to hear it snap and tumble to pieces.
In an instant the pendant loosened and Delilah sat up gasping for air.
“When I get my hands on that son of a-
“Delilah.” Aaren interrupted. She looked up. “This is the second angel.” He smiled weakly.
Her black and dark blue eyes assessed me with curiosity.
“What’s your name?” she asked.
“Daniel.” I slowly replied.
She nodded then slid off the stone table.
“Delilah, I’d suggest that you lie down for a bit longer.” Aaren said as he stopped her from walking off. She brushed him off lightly. “No thank you Aaren, I’ve had bad experiences with lying on stone tables.”
And with that she walked off.

Aaren sighed and walked after her, I decided to follow.
When we reached her she was standing next to a blonde girl who was holding a cracked black sphere in her hands.
“Ezer is gone Taylor.”
Delilah sighed as the girl just stared blankly at the sphere. Taylor merely shook her head and traced the cracks with her index finger.
Taylor then looked straight up at me. Her eyebrows pushed together as she frowned in confusion.
“Don’t you have a sister?” she asked.
“Mia! Aaren we need to get Mia!” I begged. Aaren held his hand up to silence me and then walked over to Delilah. As they spoke in quiet whispers I watched Taylor continue to trace the cracks.
“How did you become an angel?” I asked.
Taylor stopped, only for a second and then resumed tracing the cracks. “I was the first angel summoned by Delilah.” she replied.
“How did you get your wings?”
“One minute there was nothing, then the next, they were there.” She muttered. I glanced over my back, to see nothing.
Delilah walked over to me, I took a step back. She looked at me and then rolled her eyes.
“Don’t trust me?….Typical.”

She handed me a long, strangely shaped, light blue sword.
“It’s yours.” She muttered.
Aaren walked closer as the white light returned.
Mid way the light faded.

It looked like we were in a desert of some sort, my face stung as I noticed that we were in a sandstorm
“Where the hell are we!” Delilah shouted over the howling wind.
“The teleport stopped mid way!” Aaren shouted back.
“And now what are we going to do?” Taylor shouted.
“What?” Delilah shouted back.
“Can’t we try to teleport again?” I shouted.
Aaren considered for a moment. “I doubt it would take us all” Aaren shouted back.
“Then why don’t we teleport in small groups?” Delilah shouted back.
Aaren walked over to me.
“Try to teleport to your sister, we will join you soon.” He shouted.
“How do I teleport?” I shouted back.
“Think of you sister” He replied.
“What?”
“Think of your sister!”
I let her name flood my mind.
I squeezed my eyes shut and imagined her holding the peach colored starfish. Smiling.

The howling wind died down and I opened my eyes.

“Ah, you again. I see they’ve given you some pathetic amour.” A familiar voice chuckled. I turned around to see the brown and black haired boy, His ear was full of piercings and he wore red braided wrist bands with black leather gloves. His eyes were a dark blue with a bit of indigo. “Where is Mia?” I asked coldly. “Mia?” He asked grinned slightly. “Yes Mia, where is she.” “I don’t know who you’re talking about.” He smirked and crossed his arms. “How about the girl you called little one?” “.. Oh, you mean Ari?” he asked. “No, Mia.” I snapped. The boy grinned and shook his head. “She doesn’t like that name.” A white light flashed behind me. “Where is that a-hole!” Delilah muttered. “If you’re looking for Death, Delilah, he’s not here.” The boy chuckled. “Saraph, what is this nonsense you speak of?” A voice rasped, making him jump. A figure materialized next to Saraph. “Apologies, here is the a-hole you seek.” Saraph chuckled. “Why I oughta- Delilah started to growl, but got interrupted by another flash of light. “Saraph, what a surprise.” Aaren sighed. “Why the long face Aaren?” Death chuckled. Aaren looked away. “Give us Mia back and we’ll go.” “You think that’s how it’s going to be Daniel?” Saraph sneered. “I don’t think, I know.” I replied. “Very well, Ari can decide.” Saraph retorted, as he reached in his pocket and brought out a small green item. As his thumb touched it a high pitched frequency echoed through the air. Death boomed with laughter as Aaren and I fell to our knees and clamped our hands over our ears. Delilah how ever was standing still, as if unaware.

The noise stopped as a small demon landed in front of me. I looked up to see an older, evil version of Mia.
Her hair was short, and her teeth were jagged, She had a cat-like appearance. From her elbows down and her shins down she had orange fur covering her skin and her wings.
“Mia...” I spluttered.
Her cold eyes stared at me.
But the more I stared back, I could that her eyes, as dead as they looked; had the slightest hint of transparency.
Death chuckled as I stood up.
“So you like messing up people we know just so that we have to kill them!” Delilah spat.
“That’s a bit harsh.” Saraph chuckled.
“You’re harsh.” Came Taylor’s voice as she stepped out of a fading white light.
“If we’re going to have a party, mind if I invite some people?” Saraph chuckled.
“Be our guest.” Delilah snarled.
Saraph let the high pitched frequency ring through our ears again.
Once it stopped I stood up and looked in the sky. No one came.
“We never said imaginary friends were allowed.” Delilah snickered.

“Who said we were imaginary?” A voice behind Taylor chuckled. Making her jump.

“Long time no see Taylor.” it chuckled.
I turned to see a black haired Demon standing behind Taylor.
“You! I though you were-
“Dead?” The demon laughed.
“Better luck next time.” Said another demon.
Taylor turned to the other.
“Amber?” she asked.
The demon frowned.
“I told my name is Sheva!” she spat.
“Let’s get this party started.” Aaren muttered as he leapt at Sheva.
Delilah spun and slammed her sword into the black haired demon. Taylor shrieked as Saraph leapt at her. I swung my sword and knocked him out of the way. Death seemed to do nothing. Saraph grunted as he hit the floor. Taylor ran up and slammed her sword into his shin. I tore a hole in his wing. I ducked as Sheva’s body flew over my head.
Taylor aimed for Saraph’s throat, but as her sword swung, he kicked her out of the way and sprung up on one leg. I tried to grab his collar but he leapt up and flew off. I turned my attention to Sheva, who was now crawling across the dirt. She grabbed my ankle and pulled me off my feet. Pain shot up my side as I landed on the hard ground. I kicked Sheva in the jaw, scrambled to my feet, and got ready to kill her.
“Daniel.” A voice called.
I spun around to see Ari.
Death watched curiously as I walked up to her.
“I want to go home.” She sighed.

“No.” I replied.
Her eyes widened.
“What do you mean?”
“You’re a fake.” I replied as I swung my sword right through the mirage and then slammed it into Sheva’s wing. Sheva yelped. I lifted my sword again, aiming for her heart.
“Taylor!” Delilah screamed. I turned to see Taylor fall to the ground. The black haired demon pinned Delilah against his chest with his sword to her throat.
“Any one do anything stupid and she get’s it!”
He roared.
“Sha’ul let her go.” Aaren growled.

“S-stop…” Delilah gasped as he tightened his grip on the sword against her throat.
Suddenly I felt a sharp stab of pain in my back.
I looked down to see blood spreading across my robes. I groaned and fell to my knees.
“Sh-shaul... s-stop..” Delilah groaned.
“Or what?” He chuckled menacingly.
“Let.. t-them go..”
“We’re not leaving.” Aaren voice snapped.
“There’s your answer.” Sha’ul snickered.
I groaned and spat out a mouthful of blood. Suddenly Sha’ul’s head landed in front of me. I looked up to see His body collapse to the side. Taylor wiped her sword and walked forward.
“Where is Saraph?” Taylor asked.
“He flew off.” I muttered.
“So did Death, I see.” Delilah grumbled.
I shook of the waves of nausea and wiped the blood off my mouth.
We started to walk down a crumbling path when Delilah stopped.
“What now?” Aaren moaned.
“Forgetting something?”
A voice asked.
I looked back to see a long blonde haired man.

“Daelek!” Taylor gasped.
“And so who invited you to hell?” Delilah snapped.
“Invited? Delilah I belong here.”
“Good.” She snarled.
“You don’t even want to know why?” Daelek asked.
“No.” Delilah replied.
“Are you sure?”
“Fine! Tell us about your interesting little story.” Delilah snapped.
“I’m a vampire.” Daelek smiled.
“And so why are you part of the Noga?” She snapped.
“I’m not.” He simply shrugged.
“And Carius?”
“Vampire.” He finished.
“Then why were you surprised that I-
“Turned into a vampire?’
He guessed. ‘ Because when a royal gets bitten they usually turn into a demon”
“You let Sha’ul find Taylor didn’t you!” She growled.
Daelek chuckled.
“Maybe ,maybe not.”
Delilah lunged at Daelek, but jerked back as I grabbed her collar.
As I held Delilah back, four other boys arrived.
“Better put a leash on that dog.” A blonde boy snickered.
“Watch your mouth Caleb!” Delilah snapped.
“And who are you my mother?” Caleb laughed.
“Enough.” Daelek sighed.
“Who’s the newbie?” mumbled the brown haired boy.
“Ah yes, you didn’t introduce us Delilah.” Daelek smiled.
“Daniel doesn’t need to be introduced.” She snarled.
“There you go Darcy, his name is Daniel.” Daelek chuckled.
“Carius?” Delilah gaped.
The second blonde boy looked up, but then quickly looked away.
“What did you want Daelek?” Aaren muttered, stepping forward.
“Oh, nothing in particular.” He shrugged.
“Very well, we will be on our way.” Aaren growled.
“Oh I don’t think so.” Caleb chuckled.

I let go of Delilah, letting her claws scrape along Daelek’s face.
Taylor ran forward and sliced Caleb’s side, making him howl in rage.
Taylor swung her sword again but Caleb ducked and shoved her to the ground. Two loud snaps echoed through the battle as Taylor screamed. I punched the last boy, black haired, in the face and watched him fall. Delilah’s clashed with Daelek again and again. Aaren pulled his sword back and Darcy fell to the ground, his stomach bleeding. Caleb hissed with anger and leapt at Aaren.
“Get it off me!” Taylor screamed, as millions of spiders crawled on top of her writhing body. I lifted Taylor up, brushing all the remaining spiders off her. Aaren shut his eyes and shouted words in a strange language. Once he had finished every one was frozen still.
Aaren walked over to Caleb. “Surely a fight is not what you wanted? You just lost one of your comrades, and could well possibly loose the other, if not yourself.”
Caleb simply glared at Aaren as he murmured a few more strange words.
The black haired boy stood up and dusted himself off. “Apologies to your loss Usai.” Aaren said to the Black haired boy. He nodded and walked off, Caleb gave me a quick glare and then stormed off along with Daelek.

“Carius aren’t you going?” Delilah challenged.
Carius shook his head.
“ Delilah I’m sor-
“For What! Not telling me you were a filthy bloodsucker like the rest of them!” She shrieked.
“Delilah I-
“Don’t make any excuses Carius!” She snapped.
“I couldn’t tell you.” He replied.
“Why? Because the big boss said so? Or because you were scared?”
Carius grimaced at her words.
“You kidnapped me from my city and expected me just to fit in?”
“No. I didn’t say-
“Did you even consider how much that means to me? Losing Sophie?”
“We can find her.” He replied.
“And so you just expect to feed me with that lie so I’d run into your arms?” Delilah shouted, tears streaming down her face. “Delilah plea-
“Do you even know where Sophie is?”
Carius’ eyes widened as she drew her sword.
“I should kill you right now.”
“Delilah stop.” Aaren softly said, placing his hand on her shoulder.

“No, Delilah I guess you’re right, I don’t have any excuses for not telling you that I was immortal. And no I didn’t expect you to just fit in after your parents were killed and you were taken away from Sophie. I can never forgive myself for what I did to you. Every single fault you made I blamed myself. When Daelek changed you I though I’d loose you. But somehow, I didn’t, Even though you were no longer the Delilah I knew. You were Still Delilah.
And I know, that you’ve changed now. But I still want you, no matter what it takes.”
Delilah put away her sword and shook her head. “Then I’ll wait.” Carius finished as he walked off. Delilah shuddered as more tears came, Aaren hugged her in reassurance. She clung onto him as if he was her only life line.

I thought of the transparent floor and waited patiently while the White light faded.
“What happened?” A long brown haired angel asked as she ran up to us.
“She was attacked by a vampire.” I replied as she looked at Taylor’s broken legs. She gently lifted a leg up and gave it a quick twist. A loud snap and a scream followed. The girl did the same to the other leg and then blocked her ears as Taylor screamed a second time. “All done!” The girl smiled after Taylor had calmed down.
“All done? You snapped them the other way! How is that All done???” Taylor shrieked.
“Place her on her feet.” She sighed. I slowly placed Taylor on her feet, and to her surprise, she stayed standing.
“What’s your name so I can thank you for your brilliant expertise?” Taylor grumbled sarcastically. “My name is Ze’ev” She chuckled.
“Where is Aaren?” Ze’ev asked, turning to me.
“We’re still looking for Mia.” I replied.
“I’m going to go back and help.” I said to Taylor, who was now testing her legs by jumping up and down. “I’ll come with.” Ze’ev smiled as she grabbed my hand. I thought of Mia and shut my eyes.

When I opened them I was on the ridge of a large volcano. Out of the corner of my eye’s I saw the color blonde. I spun around and saw Mia not far away. I ran over to her. “Mia!” I called as I shook her little body.
She looked up at me slowly, showing her bruised and cut face. “Danny.” She choked a smile. I looked up and saw Sheva. “How sweet, family bonding.’ She smiled. ‘To bad it won’t last long.” I jumped over Mia and slammed Sheva out of the way. She recovered quickly and scraped her claws across my arm. I aimed a punch at her; she ducked behind me and slammed her blade into my back wound, then shoved me to my knees. I groaned as blood rushed to my head.
“Danny!” Mia screamed.
I turned around to see the last glimpse of Mia as she fell into the volcano.
“Good riddance.” Sheva snorted, dusting of her hands. With a burst of energy I jumped up and slit Sheva’s throat.
Her eyes unfocused and she fell backwards, into the volcano. I stood and watched as her body was consumed by the lava.
A little further away I saw the last of Mia’s colorful bracelet sink. Most of me was lost.

“Missing something?” A voice asked. I looked up to see Ze’ev holding Mia in her arms. “Mia!” I yelped as I ran to her, scooping her up into my arms and swinging her around. “How did you know!” I asked Ze’ev.
“What kind of angel would I be if I didn’t know when she was in danger?” Ze’ev shrugged.
“You’re her guardian angel?” I asked.
She nodded and held out her arms as I set Mia down. Mia smiled and ran into Ze’ev’s arms. “I want to fly again!” she begged as she looked up at Ze’ev.
“What about me?” I joked. Mia turned to me and gave me a scornful look. “You can fly yourself silly!”
She scowled and then smiled. I caught a glimpse of wings behind me and chuckled.
“Alright, but you have to hold on tight.” Ze’ev smiled. Mia hugged Ze’ev’s arms tightly as Ze’ev took off. I followed and listened to Mia’s giggles the whole way. We landed by Aaren.

“Where is Taylor?” he asked.
“She’s been taken care of.” Ze’ev replied, setting Mia down.
“Again! Again!” She giggled.
“Not now ok?” Ze’ev smiled.
“We were attacked by a few demons, Delilah got wounded badly.”
“Where is she?” I asked.
Aaren pointed behind him.
We walked over to Delilah who was knelt on the ground. Her back was stained a blueish black from where she had been cut, and she was gasping for air.
“Delilah?” Ze’ev called taking a step closer.
“Don’t!” Delilah gasped.
“What?” I asked.
“Go…” She moaned.
“Delilah, what’s wrong.” Aaren asked.
“P-poison...” She replied.
“We can help you..” Ze’ev said softly.
“No… Un-unstable…” She choked.
“What’s unstable?” I asked.
“Me…”

“Delilah, you’re fine it’s-
Aaren was interrupted by a loud growl.
“Can’t…. control...” She moaned.
We stood there and listened to her gasps.
“Mantia lumina …”
“What?” Aaren asked.
“It’s the poison…..” Ze’ev replied.
“What’s it mean?” I asked.
“It’s Latin for fiery eyes.” Ze’ev finished.
Delilah stood up and then faced us. I took a step back as I saw her eyes, like Ze’ev said, as red as fire.
“Go...” She shuddered.
“We can’t leave you.” Aaren retorted.
“I... can’t control myself.” She said softly.
“We can help.” I offered.
Delilah let out a loud growl then clamped her hand over her mouth and spun around.
“Delilah.”
“Go!” she almost yelled.

I turned to Ze’ev and saw Saraph standing behind her. I was about to shout a warning but Ze’ev ducked and swung her leg around, knocking Saraph off his feet. A demon with black hair and red streaks stared fighting Aaren. “Chosech!” Aaren snapped in fury.
Ze’ev aimed her sword at Saraph’s shoulder but as it reached him, His image disappeared and the sword slammed into the dirt. “Where the hell did he go?” Ze’ev yelled, frustrated; not noticing an image appear behind her.
“Looking for me?” He chuckled in her ear.
She tried to turn around but he grabbed her around her waist and Held her tightly.
“Let me go!” she shrieked as she stamped on his foot. Saraph staggered slightly back as Ze’ev broke out of his grip.
“Duck!” Delilah yelled.
“Where?” Mia asked looking into the sky.

Ze’ev grabbed Mia and fell to the ground as a grey blur zoomed over her head. Chosech was cut in half and Saraph was knocked to the ground once again.
“Aw c’mon, seriously?” He whined as Delilah towered over him.
“Consider yourself lucky enough to still be counted as an angel.” Ze’ev muttered as she stood up off the ground.
“I’m honored…”
He weakly smiled.
“You bet your ass, you are! If it weren’t for the council, I’d have slaughtered you right then and there.” Delilah snarled.
“Get lost. You’re wasting our time.” Aaren sighed.
“Yes, sir.” Saraph smiled while he mockingly gave a mini salute as his image faded.
“Let’s go.” I sighed as Ze’ev scooped up Mia.
“I’ll take her. You need to be with Delilah.” Ze’ev smiled. I nodded and gave Mia to her.
Aaren was standing a little distance away from Delilah who was now facing away from Aaren once again.

“Delilah…”
“Please, go...” Delilah sighed at Aaren.
Despite Delilah’s warning Aaren walked closer.
“Delilah I can help….” He offered. Delilah made no response.
“…Delilah?”
Silence.
Aaren took another step forward.
A long pause followed.
Delilah spun around, but in a split second Carius was standing in front of Aaren. Delilah snarled loudly as Carius grabbed her and pinned her against his chest.
Carius whispered something in her ear. Snarls ripped out of her chest as she struggled against Carius. “We need to get her cured.” Aaren murmured as he stared at Delilah who had wriggled around to face him. Carius nodded.
Aaren walked forward and placed his hand on Carius’ shoulder.
I thought of Mia and Ze’ev; the white light returned.
Delilah was snarling and kicking what ever that was in her path. Carius groaned when Delilah elbowed him in the stomach. “Corbin!” Aaren yelled. Aaren was waiting anxiously as Delilah injured Carius even more by breaking a few ribs.

The sound of wings stopped as a violet eyed Angel landed by Aaren. His hair was a dark green. And his clothes were a red and blue hoodie with black jeans. Even as casual as he looked, it felt as if he had an invisible cloud of intimidation floating around him.
“What is it Aaren?” he asked.
Delilah’s growl interrupted Aaren before he could speak.
Corbin walked past me and up to Delilah. He glared at her, but Delilah kept on breaking the eye contact. His metal gloved hand flew to her throat and lifted her off her feet as Carius stumbled back.
His eyes flamed black as he glared at her until her eyes drooped shut. Corbin loosened his grip and Delilah crumbled to the floor. Aaren scooped her up and carried her away.
Carius limped after them.

I looked down to see Mia tugging at my robes.
I lifted her up.

The house stood silently in mourning. Dead leaves lay scattered on the lawn, the curtains shut, letting only the smallest glimpse of light through. The empty driveway blackened the side of the house, giving it a dark look.
As I walked down to the door Mia stopped me from leaving by hugging my leg. “Don’t go...” She whispered.
“I have to” I sighed.
She looked up at me as tears welled up in her eyes. The door suddenly opened. “Mia!” Mother shouted as she ran to her and scooped her up for a hug. “What are you doing out here sweetie?” Dad asked as he lovingly ruffled her hair.

I slowly slipped in the house and followed Mia down the hall to her room.
She sat on her bed.
“What happened?” Mother asked at the door.
“I got lost...” She mumbled. Mother turned to leave.
“Mum?” Mia asked.
“Yes?”
“Where’s Danny?” She blurted out. I groaned and waited for her reaction.

“Who’s Danny?”