The Simulation | Teen Ink

The Simulation

April 2, 2023
By ebaconator, Chatham, New Jersey
ebaconator, Chatham, New Jersey
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Summary:

Lisa has always been distant from her family, her parents are always busy and her brother, Paul, is never around. Desperate to amount to something and to get away from an Earth being destroyed by rapidly advancing technology, a phone call offering participation in a top-secret experiment sparks Lisa's interest and draws her away from the world that she knows.

In space, everything is new to Lisa. The Director of the experiment is rather vague and unfriendly. He introduces her to a man named Sam who suffered from a coma for five years and has emerged from it without any of his previous memories. Lisa quickly learns that the world they've created in the space base is not like her home on Earth at all, but she can't let Sam know that anything is not as it should be. 

Without any set end date for the experiment, and Lisa in the dark about the Director's ultimate goal, the days continue to pass. Lisa finds herself falling in love with Sam as she finds solace in his company, distraught by guilt from lying to him. But maybe she won't have to lie for much longer? If only there was a way out of the simulation.


Ellie B.

The Simulation


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.