raised by wolves | Teen Ink

raised by wolves

By kelebek, harare, Other
kelebek, Harare, Other

Author's note:

I hope people  learn  a lesson  from  this but I could have written  more if it wasn't for the word limit

The dim dungeon lights flickered on and off as I made my way down the damp, spine shilling hallway. I kept on walking and walking until I found myself face to face with a door.
I had no idea what was going to be waiting for me at the other side of that door and I didn’t really want to open it, but unfortunately my curiosity got the better of me. I took a deep breath, put my hand on the cold door knob and opened it.
I cautiously stepped into the tiny little room where I found a man sitting on the floor, talking shamelessly to a tiny white mouse. At first the he didn’t see me, but once he had finally acknowledged my presence, both he and I were lost for words.
This was the man I had been waiting almost my entire life to see again. This was the man who I had once looked up to and admired. This was the man who I had never thought I would see again but apparently I was mistaken because right in front of me stood that very same man.
My father
…………………………….But I’m getting completely ahead of myself, here’s how this crazy mess all started.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was something not quit right about the man who stood before me. He looked familiar but I couldn’t quit put my finger on it. I tried asking him who he was, but he only remained silent so I just gave him my money and got into the cab nevertheless.
I told the strange man where it was that I wanted to go and he nodded slowly. I looked out the window to make sure that he was going in the right direction and he was, until he turned the wrong corner.
“Excuse me sir but you’re going the wrong way” I told him but he just stayed quiet and continued to drive in the wrong direction. “Sir, I said you’re going the wrong way” I announced again. “Shut up!” he barked, making me jump at his sudden outburst. “But this isn’t the way to-”but the strange man cut me off. “Didn’t you hear me little missy, I said shut up” he spat and my heart skipped a beat in fright.
“Let me go!” I said trying to open the door but before I could he locked it. I tried to break open the window but there was nothing in sight strong enough to break open the window and frankly I wasn’t the strongest person.
“What do you want with me, where are you taking me!”
“Little girl I’m only going to tell you this one more time, shut up or else I’ll make you shut up” the man  grumbled and I sank down into my seat with a sigh.
I looked out the window again in the hope that some people might be walking around so I could call for help and thankfully I was right. I looked at the first person I could see and started shouting “HELP, HELP THIS MAN’S TRYING TO KIDNAP ME!” but before the person could even react the car started speeding down the road until any signs of any possible life, human or otherwise, were out of sight.
Once he was absolutely sure that no one was watching, he violently pulled over the car and he stepped out. I didn’t move a muscle because I knew that if I did the man would probably hurt me so I just sat there in silence whilst he got something out of the trunk of the car. When he finally found whatever it was he was looking for, he closed the trunk, came up to my door, opened it and threw a sack over my head.
I tried kicking and screaming but it was no use, the man’s grip on me was too strong and I was losing oxygen very fast. “This’ll show you and your family not to mess with me” was the last thing I heard before everything went blank.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I slowly begun to rise from the depths of oblivion, the feeling in my fingers and toes returned and my blood begun to circulate freely again. I grunted as a gust of wind attacked my fragile body and I curled myself up a little tighter, hugging my knees up against my chest. At first I thought I was back in my room and I had left the window open like usual but something about this atmosphere didn’t seem right.
I cautiously opened my eyes and carefully scanned the perimeter and once I had taken in all my surroundings, my memory became clear as day.
I had just been kidnapped!
I stood up from my place on the floor in alarm and analyzed all my surroundings again. There was a door on my left that I tried to open but was obviously locked and a window in the corner that I couldn’t break because I didn’t have the upper body strength.
“Let me go please, what do you want with me!” I screamed as I banged and kicked the door, in the unlikely hopes that it would just magically open up. Just as I was about to give up all hope of the door opening, a man suddenly burst through it and once he saw me, he spat at me furiously. “Will you keep it down, some of us are trying to work here” he barked and I stepped back. “Let me go” I demanded. “You’re not going anywhere princess, now come with me, the boss wishes to see you” and before I could even blink, he grabbed my hand and dragged me down a long, twisty hallway.
We walked until we were in front of a large pair of double doors. The guy who was holding me knocked on the door three times and it opened. We walked into the dimly lit room and  could scarcely make out a figure sitting behind a table that seemed to be piled up with books. “I brought you the girl boss” the man who was holding me said, tightening his grip on me. “Excellent that will be all Henry, go stand outside the door I’d like to have a little chat with our little girl” the guy behind the table said in a deep, scary voice that sent chills down my spine.
“Why am I here, what do you want with me” I asked once the guy who’s name im guessing was Henry was gone. “Don’t worry Ara-“ but I cut him off. “It’s Kelebek” I corrected and I could see him roil his eyes in the dark. “Ok Kelebek. Don’t worry, you’ll find out soon enough” he said with a sly smile.”How do you know my name and tell me why I’m here” I demanded and I heard him chuckle. “You’re a wild one aren’t you but I take it you take after your father right?” he asked and I gave him a confused look. “My father. What are you talking about?” I asked and he took a step towards me.
“Don’t worry. Like I said, you’ll find out soon enough” he said putting his hand around my waist and I jumped in fright. “Don’t touch me you monster!” I screamed before running towards the door, opening it and running back to my room.
I had no idea what on Earth I was going to do but one thing was for sure, I had to escape this place of madness.

I sighed quietly to myself as I wrote down the number fifteen on the wall with the chalk I had found. Yes that’s right, I’ve been here for exactly fifteen days and I still haven’t found a way to break out. I haven’t had a meal since the morning I was kidnapped and I haven’t come in contact with any form of life since the day I met the boss.
I kept wishing and praying silently to myself that some miracle would just happen and I’d be able to escape and thankfully I was right.
At about six o’clock at night I heard an ear shattering alarm go off right outside the room I was locked in. I looked out of the window to see what was going on and to my surprise I saw a about a dozen men running into the building holding guns that I assumed were loaded. I guess one of them must have seen me because as soon as he looked my way, he alerted the rest of the crew of my presence  and they ran into the building. I feared that they might be coming after me so before they had a chance to get me, I climbed the window by the corner and jumped, just barely grabbing the chandelier on the ceiling and holding onto it as if my life depended on it, which it did.
The room door suddenly swung open and in stepped a bunch of guys. They looked around expecting to find me but once they had given up, they ran out of the room and preceded to look for me elsewhere.
Once I was sure that all the men were gone, I jumped off of the chandelier and ran straight out the door and down the hallway, not looking back once.
I ran and ran until I found myself in a dungeon. How I got there, I don’t know, but I planned on exploring it
My father
I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know what to say. So many emotions were running through me at that very moment and I didn’t know which one to feel first. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out so I did the first thing I could think of
I ran
I ran and ran as fast as my legs could carry me but unfortunately, he followed me. I managed to make my way out of the house unnoticed and once I jumped into a car that some idiot had left the keys in and drove away.
Once I was a few miles out of town, I looked back to check if anyone was following me and thankfully no one was. I feared that people might come looking for me so instead of going back home, I left the car in the middle of the street and ran into the forest.
I ran until I found myself in the very depths of the forest. I sat down under the shade of a baobab tree to take a rest and before I knew it I was fast asleep
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The moment I felt a cold, wet substance fall onto the side of my face, I knew something was wrong and woke up from my deep sleep. As soon as I opened my eyes and saw what had caused the substance to fall onto my face, I couldn’t have been more terrified
It was a pack of wolves.
I screamed for the life of me and tried but failed to get away from them because they had me surrounded. “Call down girl” one of them said and that’s when I completely lost it and passed out completely.
When I had finally regained conciseness, they told me that they were talking half human half wolves and in return I told them that I was on the run. They offered to keep me safe and protect me until I was old enough to live on my own and until I was sure that no one was looking for me. Of course I agreed and that’s how I became part of the wolf pack.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 years later…………………

“Thank you so much for everything you guys have done for me, I don’t know how to thank you” I said to Anadele, Jess and Gracie as they helped me into my wedding dress. “Hey what are families for and besides, the pack that plays together stays together right” Jess said and I nodded, giving her a hug in the process. I was about to say something when there was a knock at the door and before any of us could even say come in, the door opened and in stepped my dad. “It’s time” he smiled and I took a deep breath before Anadele gave me a hug and handed me my bouquet of flowers.
“Are you sure you’re ready for this?” dad asked as we made our way towards the beach. “I couldn’t be more sure of myself” I grinned before making my way down the aisle to begin the rest of my life